ECT Catholicism Is Too Hard

WeberHome

I used to think my chances of making it to Heaven were better than ordinary people because I was a Catholic. But in point of fact, my chances were worse. Having completed Confirmation, God would be holding me accountable to comply with everything Rome teaches and stands for-- the Commandments, the Canon Law, the dogma, the rituals, the Traditions, the Councils, the Bulls, the Encyclicals, the rites, the holy days of obligation, and the whole Catechism; plus everything that Jesus and the apostles taught in the New Testament, i.e. the gospels and the epistles.

That's a lot to remember, let alone put into practice.

And then there's the matter of mortal sin. Were I to leave this life with just one non-absolved mortal sin on the books, just one, I'd go straight to hell. It's a direct flight; no stopover in a Purgatory. Even if I managed to be a faithful Catholic for fifty years, none of that would count. Mortal sins are that lethal.
_

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
And then there's the matter of mortal sin. Were I to leave this life with just one non-absolved mortal sin on the books, just one, I'd go straight to hell. It's a direct flight; no stopover in a Purgatory. Even if I managed to be a faithful Catholic for fifty years, none of that would count. Mortal sins are that lethal.
_

Hell is a myth and it will be destroyed.

"The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:13-14)

DAN P

I used to think my chances of making it to Heaven were better than ordinary people because I was a Catholic. But in point of fact, my chances were worse. Having completed Confirmation, God would be holding me accountable to comply with everything Rome teaches and stands for-- the Commandments, the Canon Law, the dogma, the rituals, the Traditions, the Councils, the Bulls, the Encyclicals, the rites, the holy days of obligation, and the whole Catechism; plus everything that Jesus and the apostles taught in the New Testament, i.e. the gospels and the epistles.

_

Hi and just where are mortal sins found in the bible ?

dan p

WeberHome

Re:

Re:

Mortal sins-- sins that have the potential to condemn people straight to hell --don't have to be in the Bible seeing as how the Bible comprises only a portion of the Catholic religion.
_

dan p

[16] He that knoweth his brother to sin a sin which is not to death, let him ask, and life shall be given to him, who sinneth not to death. There is a sin unto death: for that I say not that any man ask. [17] All iniquity is sin. And there is a sin unto death. (1 John 5:16-17)

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

_

I'm a Catholic and its not "too hard" for me. In fact, its quite the opposite. I have surety in knowing the True Christian faith. I don't go re-inventing the wheel everyday like protestants do, re-interpreting and then re-re-interpreting scriptures every day. THAT is hard, not to mention the fact that is usually winds up in error.

If you have found an "easy" way, chances are its the wrong way. "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

“Are you saved?” asks the Fundamentalist. The Catholic should reply: “As the Bible says, I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:18, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13).”

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm a Catholic and its not "too hard" for me. In fact, its quite the opposite. I have surety in knowing the True Christian faith. I don't go re-inventing the wheel everyday like protestants do, re-interpreting and then re-re-interpreting scriptures every day. THAT is hard, not to mention the fact that is usually winds up in error.

If you have found an "easy" way, chances are its the wrong way. "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

“Are you saved?” asks the Fundamentalist. The Catholic should reply: “As the Bible says, I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:18, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13).”

How can you believe in truth if you believe in grace plus works. Your works will get you nowhere

WeberHome

Re:

Re:

I'm a Catholic and its not "too hard" for me.

The difficulty of Catholicism will become more apparent down at the end.

Rev 20:12-13 . . I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

The books are keeping a record of non-absolved violations committed relative to everything Rome teaches and stands for-- the Commandments, the dogma, the rituals, the Traditions, the Councils, the Canon Law, the Bulls, the Encyclicals, the rites, the holy days of obligation, and the whole Catechism; plus everything that Jesus and the apostles taught in the New Testament, i.e. the gospels and the epistles.

That's when Catholics who sincerely believed themselves good Catholics are going to discover just how bad they really were at complying with everything the Church teaches and stands for.
_

WeberHome

Re: Catholicism Is Too Hard

I was baptized an infant into Roman Catholicism and subsequently completed enough catechism for First Holy Communion and Confirmation.

By the time I was twenty-four years old, I had resigned myself to a future in Hell because by then I concluded that qualifying for heaven via Catholicism is hopeless. It's requirements are just too demanding. You'd have to be divine in order to succeed, whereas I am only human; and that is a really big handicap.

It's easy to be human without even thinking about it because humanness comes natural to me. But it's not easy to be divine without thinking about it because divinity doesn't come natural to me. It's easier for me to think, feel, speak, and act like a termite than to think, feel, speak, and act like God.

Catholics stronger than me might succeed in persevering to the end, but what about after that? How about persevering throughout eternity? Can they keep it up that long without losing their grip?

Catholics can't slack off in God's world, i.e. they're not home free. Getting to heaven is only the beginning. In order to stay there, Catholics have to continue complying with everything that Rome teaches and stands for; which includes Jesus' instructions.

Matt 7:26-27 . . Everyone who listens to these words of mine but does not act on them will be like a fool who built his house on sand. The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and buffeted the house. And it collapsed and was completely ruined.
_

WeberHome

Right about the time that I had resigned to a future in hell --a friend suggested that I buy a Bible and begin reading it for myself.

So I picked up a cheap one, and began soldiering thru it a little every day till I eventually came upon the passage below:

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My spirit in you and move you to follow My decrees and be careful to keep My laws." (Ezek 36:26-27)

Bang!! That passage really made me sit up and pay attention because it was the spot-on remedy I needed in order to cure the very problem mentioned in post No.9 that was keeping me out of heaven, i.e. the problem of human nature.

But the promise was made to the Jews rather than to non Jews like myself. Would I have to convert to Judaism in order to take advantage of it? Apparently not. According to Eph 2:11-22 the promise has been made available to everyone regardless of their ethnic identity. And besides, according to Heb 8:13, Judaism is obsolete; so converting to it at this point in time wouldn't be useful.
_

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I was baptized an infant into Roman Catholicism and subsequently completed enough catechism for First Holy Communion and Confirmation.

By the time I was twenty-four years old, I had resigned myself to a future in Hell because by then I concluded that qualifying for heaven via Catholicism is hopeless......

I think you are a liar. I believe you are making up that fake story just to bolster the lies you tell about the Catholic Church. I have never ever known one single Catholic who felt that way. We know nothing but joy celebrating the Mass and worshiping together.

The difficulty of Catholicism will become more apparent down at the end........

That statement proves one thing I have always known, that you don't have the slightest clue about the Catholic Church.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
How can you believe in truth if you believe in grace plus works. Your works will get you nowhere

Works commanded by Christ and done under grace are necessary for salvation. If you don't know that then you have totally misread your Bible. Salvation by Faith Alone is a false doctrine of men invented in the 16th century.

James 2:24, we are “justified by works and not by faith alone.”

WeberHome

There will always be resolute Catholics-- a.k.a. diehards --for whom the terrors of Hell are merely Catechism dogma. But as for me; I was very concerned about ending up there, and convinced in my own mind that Catholicism's way to avoid it is unworkable for people like me. I didn't need religion, no, I needed a knight in shining armor and it just so happens there's a God-given knight available.

Luke 2:8-12 . .And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.

. . . But the angel said to them; "Don't be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today, in the town of David, a savior has been born to you; he is Messiah, the Lord."

The angel announced the birth of a savior; defined by Webster's as one who rescues. We've all seen examples-- lifeguards, firemen, cops, emergency medical teams, Coast Guard, National Guard, snow patrols, and mountaineering teams.

Rescue workers typically save people in distress who are facing imminent death and/or grave danger and utterly helpless to do anything about it.

One day, right out of the blue, a co-worker asked me: Cliff; did you know that Jesus Christ died for you? Well; up till then I had always been under the impression that Jesus was a victim of cruel circumstances; I sure never expected anything as personal as him going thru all that for my sake.

In an instant I realized that Christ himself had stepped up to make a way out of Hell for me and all I had to do was take it; which I very soon did by praying aloud this very simple prayer in the witness of two elders:

"God, I know I'm a sinner. I would like to take advantage of your son's death."

What happened next I dare not describe without being looked upon as a man off his medications; but that prayer of mine took. I know for myself that God heard it and granted my request. I've never felt so relieved. It turned out that the angel was right: it's announcement was very definitely good news of "great joy".
_

betsy123

_

I was born and raised a Catholic. I'm no longer a Catholic.

Read the Bible for yourself. Study it.

I used KJV Study Bible. You'll see.....