ECT NT verses to churches threaten loss of salvation

ZacharyB

So as to not overwhelm you, I have cut the whole NT list
of warnings in HALF … so, I am ONLY listing warnings
written to the churches:

Do not be a slave of sin
Romans 6:16, Romans 6:23, James 1:15, 1 John 5:18

Do not live according to the flesh (carnally-minded)
Romans 8:6, Romans 8:13, Galatians 6:8

Do not desire to be rich
1 Timothy 6:9

Do not become entangled in (and overcome by) sin
2 Peter 2:20-21

Do not be estranged from Christ
Galatians 5:4

Do not fall from grace
Galatians 5:4

Do not draw back from the faith to perdition
Hebrews 10:39

Do not trust in riches, but be rich in good works
1 Timothy 6:18-19

Do not be blocked from entering the kingdom of God
1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Galatians 5:19-21, Ephesians 5:3-6

Do not be disobedient, for it proves unbelief
Hebrews 3:18-19, Hebrews 4:1,11

Do not be a false teacher, an apostate, etc.
2 Peter 2:12-22, Jude 4,12-13

Do not have your name blotted out of the Book of Life
Revelation 3:5, Revelation 3:5

Do not be blocked from entering the New Jerusalem
Revelation 3:12

Practice righteousness
1 John 3:7-10, 1 John 2:29, Acts 10:35, 1 Corinthians 6:9, Romans 1:18

Obey Jesus
Romans 6:16, Hebrews 5:9, 1 John 2:3,

Endure in the faith (conditional “IF” passages)
1 Corinthians 15:2, 2 Corinthians 13:5, Hebrews 2:1-3,
Hebrews 3:14, Colossians 1:21-23, 2 Timothy 2:12

Repent of your on-going sins
2 Corinthians 7:8-10, 2 Peter 3:9, 1 John 1:9

Attain holiness
Romans 6:19, Hebrews 12:14

Continue in the true doctrine
1 Timothy 4:16

Make your call and election sure
2 Peter 1:10-11

Be a victorious overcomer (Revelation 3:21 explains who the overcomers are)
Revelation 2:11

Jerry Shugart

Be a victorious overcomer (Revelation 3:21 explains who the overcomers are)
Revelation 2:11

Those who believe that the Lord Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God are overcomers:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1-5).​

ZacharyB

Those who believe that the Lord Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God are overcomers:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1-5).​
Sorry again, Jerry, Johnny's overcomers only overcame "the world" of nonbelievers
because ... well, you can figure it out, right?

Jerry Shugart

Sorry again, Jerry, Johnny's overcomers only overcame "the world" of nonbelievers
because ... well, you can figure it out, right?

The verse does not say that. I answered one of the verses which you think denies OSAS so now it is your turn to answer the following words of the Lord Jesus which supports OSAS:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (Jn.3:16).​

ZacharyB

The verse does not say that. I answered one of the verses which you think denies OSAS so now it is your turn to answer the following words of the Lord Jesus which supports OSAS:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (Jn.3:16).​
I done going around in circles ... you have no idea what "believe" in the NT entails.
YOU MUST RECONCILE THE 2 SETS OF OPPOSING VERSES.
WHEN YOU'VE DONE THAT ... WE CAN TALK.
SEE YOU IN A FEW YEARS, IF EVER.

Jerry Shugart

I done going around in circles ... you have no idea what "believe" in the NT entails.

Please quote a Greek expert who says that the Greek word translated "believe" matches the meaning which you place on that word. Anyone can change the meaning of words and make the Scriptures say anything they want it to say.

And that is exactly what you are doing.

Jerry Shugart

YOU MUST RECONCILE THE 2 SETS OF OPPOSING VERSES.
WHEN YOU'VE DONE THAT ... WE CAN TALK.
SEE YOU IN A FEW YEARS, IF EVER.

Which is your very best verse or passage that you can quote which you think proves that a person can perish after they believe? I will address that verse and I won't be forced to change the meaning of any words like you have to do in regard to the word "believe."

ZacharyB

Which is your very best verse or passage that you can quote which you think proves that a person can perish after they believe? I will address that verse and I won't be forced to change the meaning of any words like you have to do in regard to the word "believe."
Why not choose your own example from da OP,
and show why it does not speak of losing salvation?
(I'm not wanting to force any of the verses on anyone!)

BTW, you have reconciled the 2 opposing groups already, right?
Nice goin'!

Right Divider

Body part
Why not choose your own example from da OP,
and show why it does not speak of losing salvation?
(I'm not wanting to force any of the verses on anyone!)

BTW, you have reconciled the 2 opposing groups already, right?
Nice goin'!
It's almost amusing (but actually sad) to see someone so confused and yet so loud and proud about their ignorance.

Jerry Shugart

What is what you consider the very best verse which you think proves that OSAS is not true? Surely you have one, don't you? Here is one of the best ones which I think supports OSAS:

Your only answer to that verse is that the word "believes" means more than just thinking something is true but you fail to quote a Greek expert who agrees with the meaning which you place on the Greek word translated "believe."

ZacharyB

What is what you consider the very best verse which you think proves that OSAS is not true?
I have a whole lot of favorites!
W/O explaining Romans 6 in detail ...
Romans 6:16 says anyone who is a slave of sin has eternal death.
Ditto for the stark contrast presented in Romans 6:23.

Jerry Shugart

The word "eternal" is not found in that verse. The "death" spoken of is in regard to the end of the "life" in a Christian's "walk" spoken about earlier in the same chapter:

"Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life" (Ro.6:4).​

As long as a Christian is walking in newness of life then "the life of Jesus" is being manifested in his mortal body (2 Cor.4:11). But once he sins that newness of life comes to an end or dies.

This is not in regard to "salvation" but instead it is in regard to a Christian's walk. Once a Christian sins then when he confesses that sin he is cleansed from all unrighteousness (1 Jn.1:9) and he can once again begin to walk in newness of life.

Right Divider

Body part
Ditto for the stark contrast presented in Romans 6:23.
What a scripture PERVERTER you are. Taking verses OUT OF CONTEXT to twist the Word of God to your false theory!

Read the WHOLE passage IN ITS CONTEXT!

Rom 6:15-23 KJV What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. (16) Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? (17) But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. (18) Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. (19) I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. (20) For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. (21) What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. (22) But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. (23) For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Praise God that believing the gospel and trusting Christ we receive the GIFT OF GOD .... eternal life.

Right Divider

Body part
The word "eternal" is not found in that verse. The "death" spoken of is in regard to the end of the "life" in a Christian's "walk" spoken about earlier in the same chapter:
"Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life" (Ro.6:4).​

As long as a Christian is walking in newness of life then "the life of Jesus" is being manifested in his mortal body (2 Cor.4:11). But once he sins that newness of life comes to an end or dies.

This is not in regard to "salvation" but instead it is in regard to a Christian's walk. Once a Christian sins then when he confesses that sin he is cleansed from all unrighteousness (1 Jn.1:9) and he can once again begin to walk in newness of life.
1 John 1:9 is not about the body of Christ in ANY way.... that passage is DIRECTLY related to 2 Ch 7:14

Israel is the WE that John is speaking to.

ZacharyB

RT,
BACs have been set free from being slaves of sin!
Positionally, they are now slaves of righteousness and slaves of God.
But, because these Romans still choose to be habitual sinners
they are back again in the mode of being slaves of sin!
Paul is simply saying that if they continue (w/o repentance),
they will experience eternal death.
And ditto for you.

Right Divider

Body part
RT,
BACs have been set free from being slaves of sin!
Positionally, they are now slaves of righteousness and slaves of God.
But, because these Romans still choose to be habitual sinners
they are back again in the mode of being slaves of sin!
Paul is simply saying that if they continue (w/o repentance),
they will experience eternal death.
And ditto for you.
ZB ... the great judge of us all.

Sorry, ZB ... we are not scared by your condemnation. We are saved by grace through faith and NOT of ourselves.

Eph 2:4-10 KJV But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, (5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) (6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: (7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. (8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

ZacharyB

Eph 2:4-10
FYI, Paul was only writing to the faithful, not the unfaithful,
in Ephesians (1:1) and in Colossians (1:2).
All of dose delicious promises in dose 2 letters
were not to you, they were to the faithful saints.

P.S. I'm not into scarin' folks, I'm into warnin' them.
You, you're into ignorin' and rejectin' NT warnings!
Congratulations.