ECT NT verses to churches threaten loss of salvation

Right Divider

Body part
FYI, Paul was only writing to the faithful, not the unfaithful,
in Ephesians (1:1) and in Colossians (1:2).
All of dose delicious promises in dose 2 letters
were not to you, they were to the faithful saints.
You are arrogant and a liar.

P.S. I'm not into scarin' folks, I'm into warnin' them.
You, you're into ignorin' and rejectin' NT warnings!
Congratulations.
You are confused, that's all.

So you put yourself on a pedestal and slam others.

Jerry Shugart

You walkin' in life or in death? lol

I'm doing my best to walk in newness of life but I know that I am eternally secure:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (Jn.3:16).​

Jerry Shugart

1 John 1:9 is not about the body of Christ in ANY way.... that passage is DIRECTLY related to 2 Ch 7:14

Israel is the WE that John is speaking to.

John was speaking to those in the Body of Christ because He taught them that they could remain alive when the Lord appears and at that time they will be made like Him:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is"
(1 Jn.3:2).​

Those who received John's epistles believed that they would be alive when the Lord appears--"when he shall appear...we shall see him as he is."

They were also taught that "when he shall appear... we shall be like him."

There can be no doubt that John was teaching that living saints will put on glorious bodies like the Lord Jesus' body when He appears. The revelation concerning the return of the Lord Jesus according to prophecy will be searched in vain for any teaching that living saints will put on bodies like the Lord's when He returns to the earth because Paul made it plain that it is a mystery truth which only belongs to the Body of Christ:

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed"
(1 Cor.15:51-52).​

Now let us look again at the words of John in regard to the Lord's appearance where he speaks of a "hope":

"Beloved, now are we the children of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure" (1 Jn.3:2-3).

John refers to the things which will happen at the Lord Jesus' "appearance" as a "hope." That is exactly what Paul speaks of here:

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).​

J.C. O'Hair wrote the following in regard to the previously quoted passage from John's first epistle and the "blessed hope":

"In the First Epistle of John the believer is exhorted not to be ashamed before Him at His coming (parousia)presence) when He shall appear (phaneroo) shining). I John 2:28. 'When He shall appear (phaneroo), we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is'. I John 3:2. This was the blessed hope of the believers to whom John wrote"
(O'Hair, That Day, What Day?, A New Premillennialism).

You still have not yet learned that the "mystery" truths relate to the Body of Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
John was speaking to those in the Body of Christ because He taught them that they could remain alive when the Lord appears and at that time they will be made like Him:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is"
Nonsense Jerry.

The body of Christ is something that you will, apparently, never understand.

You're a Bible masher.

Jerry Shugart

Nonsense Jerry.

The body of Christ is something that you will, apparently, never understand.

You're a Bible masher.

Did anyone notice that I used numerous verses to prove my point and Right (wrong) Divider didn't even attempt to answer my points?

He talks big but that is all he is--a big talker!

Right Divider

Body part
Did anyone notice that I used numerous verses to prove my point and Right (wrong) Divider didn't even attempt to answer my points?
So do JW's

He talks big but that is all he is--a big talker!
One of the biggest big talkers here is you.

If you do not understand the CONTEXT of 1 John 1:9, then shame on you. For that matter, if you do not understand the CONTEXT of the ministry and writers of Israel, more shame on you.

John was one of the twelve apostles that will judge the twelve tribes of Israel. That has a meaning that completely escapes you for some reason.

Regarding dispensationalism, you are a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Jerry Shugart

John was one of the twelve apostles that will judge the twelve tribes of Israel. That has a meaning that completely escapes you for some reason.

So what? Those in the Body will also judge the world.

The scriptures reveal that once those in the Body are caught up to be with the Lord from that point of time onward they will always be with Him (1 Thess.4:17).

So when He returns to the earth to usher in the kingdom those in the Body will be with Him.

Regarding dispensationalism, you are a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Regarding rightly-dividing you are a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Right Divider

Body part
So what? Those in the Body will also judge the world.
Judging the TWELVE TRIBES is NOT the SAME as judging the WORLD. You and your false equivocations.

The scriptures reveal that once those in the Body are caught up to be with the Lord from that point of time onward they will always be with Him (1 Thess.4:17).
Just another false equivocation.

So when He returns to the earth to usher in the kingdom those in the Body will be with Him.
Your understanding of the future is just bad as can be.

Regarding rightly-dividing you are a wolf in sheep's clothing.
You are no Right Divider Jerry.

Jerry Shugart

Your understanding of the future is just bad as can be.

So you don't think that those in the Body of Christ will be with the Lord Jesus when He returns to the earth to set up His kingdom?:

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).​

Right Divider

Body part
So you don't think that those in the Body of Christ will be with the Lord Jesus when He returns to the earth to set up His kingdom?:

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess.4:17).​
Address the WHOLE POST first....

Of course I believe it. Just not the WAY that you believe it.

Jerry Shugart

Of course I believe it. Just not the WAY that you believe it.

The reason you don't believe it the way that I believe is because you haven't yet learned to distinguish between "mystery" and "prophecy." Until you are able to do that it is impossible that you can rightly divide the Bible. Here is one "mystery" truth which only applies to those in the Body of Christ:

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" (1 Cor.15:51-52).

This "mystery" is that some of those in the Body of Christ will be changed into incorruptible bodies while they remain alive at the appearance of the Lord Jesus. And John taught that very thing on his first epistle:

Those who received John's epistles believed that they would be alive when the Lord appears--"when he shall appear...we shall see him as he is."

There can be no doubt that John was teaching that living saints will put on glorious bodies like the Lord Jesus' body when He appears. The revelation concerning the return of the Lord Jesus according to prophecy will be searched in vain for any teaching that living saints will put on bodies like the Lord's when He returns to the earth.

Until you learn to tell the difference between "mystery" and "prophecy" you will only be a pretender and not a real Right Divider!

Right Divider

Body part
The reason you don't believe it the way that I believe is because you haven't yet learned to distinguish between "mystery" and "prophecy."
That might just be the most ridiculous thing that I've ever seen you post. It is YOU that blurs prophecy and mystery into a complete mess.

Until you are able to do that it is impossible that you can rightly divide the Bible. Here is one "mystery" truth which only applies to those in the Body of Christ:

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" (1 Cor.15:51-52).

This "mystery" is that some of those in the Body of Christ will be changed into incorruptible bodies while they remain alive at the appearance of the Lord Jesus. And John taught that very thing on his first epistle:

Just because there are similarities, that does not make the remnant of Israel and the body of Christ the same thing. You have the problem of conflating things that are not identical. Judging the TWELVE TRIBES OF ISRAEL is NOT the job of the body of Christ.... it IS the job of the TWELVE APOSTLES for the TWELVE TRIBES of ISRAEL.

Indeed they did believe that and they had NO IDEA what the body of Christ was.

John was NOT writing to the body of Christ, but to HIS people Israel. John was ONE OF TWELVE apostles given responsibilities to govern the TWELVE TRIBES of ISRAEL from their TWELVE THRONES. The body of Christ is something DIFFERENT, it has no tribes or thrones.

There can be no doubt that John was teaching that living saints will put on glorious bodies like the Lord Jesus' body when He appears. The revelation concerning the return of the Lord Jesus according to prophecy will be searched in vain for any teaching that living saints will put on bodies like the Lord's when He returns to the earth.
There can be no doubt that "there can be no doubt" is Jerry's favorite phrase in the whole wide world.

Until you learn to tell the difference between "mystery" and "prophecy" you will only be a pretender and not a real Right Divider!
Poor Jerry.

Jerry Shugart

Just because there are similarities, that does not make the remnant of Israel and the body of Christ the same thing. You have the problem of conflating things that are not identical. Judging the TWELVE TRIBES OF ISRAEL is NOT the job of the body of Christ.... it IS the job of the TWELVE APOSTLES for the TWELVE TRIBES of ISRAEL.

If one of the groups mentioned by Paul in the following verse is not the remnant then who are they?:

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby"
(Eph.2:13-16).​

ZacharyB

Jerry, can't you see that you're wasting your time with the RT?
But, it's not too late for you to tackle some of the OP verses,
and SHOW us WHY they do NOT threaten loss of salvation.
Which, after all, is why we're here (in this thread), right?

Right Divider

Body part
If one of the groups mentioned by Paul in the following verse is not the remnant then who are they?:

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby"
(Eph.2:13-16).​
Since we know that God does not change a persons calling, we know that the remnant of Israel remained the remnant of Israel.

The body of Christ is a NEW creature. The "neither Jew nor Greek" members of the body of Christ are not the remnant of Israel.

Right Divider

Body part
Jerry, can't you see that you're wasting your time with the RT?
That's about as accurate as your theology.

But, it's not too late for you to tackle some of the OP verses,
and SHOW us WHY they do NOT threaten loss of salvation.
Which, after all, is why we're here (in this thread), right?
There is no "threat of loss of salvation" for those in the body of Christ.

We are sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise unto the day of redemption. Eph 1:13 & Eph 4:30

ZacharyB

That's about as accurate as your theology.
There is no "threat of loss of salvation" for those in the body of Christ.
We are sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise unto the day of redemption. Eph 1:13 & Eph 4:30
Almighty God can break any seal which He desires to break.
Almighty God has never said otherwise.
Almighty God has never promised that grace will last until death.
AAMOF, true believers can fall from grace (Galatians 5).

Right Divider

Body part
How about not being so stubborn and explain to us
WHY the OP verses do NOT disprove OSAS!
I mean, that's what they're there for, ain't it?
Your theory, like too many others, is to begin with your theory and then force the scripture to conform to your theory.

I let the scripture speak for itself.

Sealed means sealed. Your "caveat" to that is childish at best.