ECT An Error in the King James Version of the Bible

Jerry Shugart

Your not grasping what I have said. But that's okay.

Ive answered your assertion that the feast of unleavened bread began on the 14th. But you refuse to believe what the Scriptures say about the Jews observing the feast of unleavened bread on the "selfsame day" when the children of Israel left Egypt.

According to you the children of Israel began to observe the feast of unleavened bread the day before they left Egypt.

Jason0047

I will say it one more time, and if you don't get it, I am moving on.

There is a difference between:

#1. THE feast of unleavened bread
(Leviticus 23:5) vs.

#2. FIRST DAY of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover
(Mark 14:12).​

If you were to read the whole of Leviticus 23:5-8, they ate unleavened bread ALL seven days (See: verse 6).
This means:
The 14th, they would have ate unleavened bread (Which is confirmed by Exodus 12:8). This would be the FIRST DAY of unleavened bread, which is the Passover.
The 15th would be THE feast day of unleavened bread.

It's kind of like Christmas Day and Christmas Eve.
The word "Eve" distinguishes the two. Just like the word "FIRST DAY" distinguishes itself from "THE Day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread."

As for your suggesting before that Matthew 26:17 is in error because it suggesting that the First Day of unleavened bread is a separate day (the 13th) from the Passover (the 14th) because they were going to prepare for the Passover:

Well, you cannot make the assumption that just because they are preparing for the Passover that they are not already within the time of the Passover.

In fact, Luke 22:7-9 says this:
7 "Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed.
8 And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat.
9 And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare? "

So unless you want to say that Luke 22:7-9 is also in error, Matthew 26:17 is saying the same thing here as Luke 22:7-9.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

If you were to read the whole of Leviticus 23:5-8, they ate unleavened bread ALL seven days (See: verse 6).

"These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. 5. In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover. 6. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. 7. In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. 8. But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein" (Lev.23:4-8).​

It says plainly that the 15th is the feast of unleavened bread. But you say that it started on the 14th. We also see this said about the feast of unleavened bread:

"Unleavened bread shall be eaten seven days; and there shall no leavened bread be seen with thee, neither shall there be leaven seen with thee in all thy quarters. And thou shalt shew thy son in that day, saying, This is done because of that which the LORD did unto me when I came forth out of Egypt" (Ex.13:7-9).​

This was done in memory of the day when the Israelites came out of Egypt. That matches perfectly with what is said here in regard to the samre feast:

"And ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread; for in this selfsame day have I brought your armies out of the land of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe this day in your generations by an ordinance for ever" (Ex.12:17-18).​

The Israelites remained in Israel on the 14th and the passover was observed on the 14th so the 14th was not the same day when the Israelites departed Egypt. Instead, they departed on the 15th and that is why we read that the feast of unleavened bread was on the 15th:

"In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD"
(Lev.23:5-6).​

You still have not addressed even one verse which I quoted from the book of Exodus even though I have addressed the verses from the book of Leviticus.

Why is that?

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and just google and ask what and ask what and ELLIPSIS means when used in the bible , do not be CRANKY , so check and see !!

dan p

Just check the Greek texts and you will see that the italaized words are not found in those texts.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Jerry:

Moving on (away from this topic with you).

Just don't forget that you never even attempted to address the verses that I quoted from the book of Exodus which prove that the following translation from the KJV is in error:

"Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the passover?" (Mt.26:17; KJV).​

This translation has the first day of the feast of unleavened bread happening prior to the eating of the passover but anyone can read the verses from the book of Exodus which I quoted and see that the eating of the passover happened before the first day of the feast of unleavened bread.

DAN P

So what is your point, Dan?

Hi and just to point out that FEAST and DAY are in part of the ELLIPSE'S and I use to say the same thing , until another person pointed it out to me and just trying to help out , that is all and E Bullinger wrote a large book on FIGURE;S OF SPEECH , just as Bullinger's book on NUMBERS is , nothing more than that!!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi and just to point out that FEAST and DAY are in part of the ELLIPSE'S and I use to say the same thing , until another person pointed it out to me and just trying to help out , that is all and E Bullinger wrote a large book on FIGURE;S OF SPEECH , just as Bullinger's book on NUMBERS is , nothing more than that!!

To which specific "ellipsis" are you making reference, Dan?

Is it the "Absolute Ellipsis," the "Relative Ellipsis," or the "Ellipsis of Repetition"?

DAN P

To which specific "ellipsis" are you making reference, Dan?

Is it the "Absolute Ellipsis," the "Relative Ellipsis," or the "Ellipsis of Repetition"?

Hi Jerry and I see that you did google BUT I have Bullinger book and if you had Bullingers book , he has a reference in the back of the book and can find all ELLIPSIS by book and chapter and verse !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and I see that you did google BUT I have Bullinger book and if you had Bullingers book , he has a reference in the back of the book and can find all ELLIPSIS by book and chapter and verse !!

I too have The Companion Bible but why didn't you answer my question, Dan?

While you are here look at this passage and tell me when the feast of unleavened bread began:

"In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread" (Lev.23:5-6).​

DAN P

I too have The Companion Bible but why didn't you answer my question, Dan?

While you are here look at this passage and tell me when the feast of unleavened bread began:

"In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread" (Lev.23:5-6).​

Hi and this time , NOT into FEAST DAYS !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi and this time , NOT into FEAST DAYS !!

I have absolutely no idea about what you are saying. Dan, can you look at the following passage and then tell me when the feast of unleavened bread began?:

DAN P

I have absolutely no idea about what you are saying. Dan, can you look at the following passage and then tell me when the feast of unleavened bread began?:

Hi and have never studied the DAY of FEAST and not soon !!

But read Col 2:16 is my position !!

dan p