ECT Did the "Eternal Word" merge with a newly created human mind, will, and emotions?

glorydaz

There are two types of resurrections (each in two phases) for believers:

#1. A Spiritual resurrection to Heaven (with the Pre-Trib Rapture (1 Corinthians 15:51-53) (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18) (Luke 12:40), and the Mid-Trib Rapture (Luke 21:28) (Luke 17:31-37) (Matthew 24:15-22).

#2. A flesh and blood body resurrection of the dead (Before the Millennium (Revelation 20:4), and then another one at the Judgment or after it, which is then followed by the beginning of the reign of Christ with His faithful ones upon the New Earth for all eternity (Revelation 20:5)).

Blood? Where do you see blood there?

Jason0047

Blood? Where do you see blood there?

Leviticus 17:11 says the life of the flesh is in the blood.

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul." (Leviticus 17:11).

After Jesus returns from His ascension to the Father, He visits His disciples and says that He has flesh and bones to them.

"Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have." (Luke 24:39).

So Luke 24:39 says Jesus has flesh.

Hebrews 7:25 says that Jesus ever lives to make intercession for us believers.

"Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them." (Hebrews 7:25).

Life of the flesh is in the blood according to Leviticus 17:11.
And Jesus is said to have flesh in Luke 24:39, and He is said to "live" according to Hebrews 7:25 (Note: Also see Revelation 1:18, too).

Philippians 3:21 says that we will be fashioned like unto his glorious body.

"Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself." (Philippians 3:21).

We learn that after Christ's ascension to the Father and His return to see His disciples revealed that He had flesh and bones. Leviticus 17:11 says the life of the flesh is in the blood. Jesus did not resurrect so as to be dead. He was alive. He was still flesh, bones, and blood.

According to Philippians 3:21: We will also one day take on the same flesh and blood body of Jesus one day.

Jerry Shugart

This seems like a one sided interrogation.
Please answer my questions and then I will answer yours.

I am going along with your explanation but I just want you to clear up what you said and that is why I asked if a spiritual body has substance and it is called a spiritual body because it belongs to the spiritual realm?

Jason0047

I am going along with your explanation but I just want you to clear up what you said and that is why I asked if a spiritual body has substance and it is called a spiritual body because it belongs to the spiritual realm?

Humans have spiritual bodies. The spirit is united with a person’s soul and flesh and blood body. Humans have spirits because the spirit returns to God. What”s important to understand here is that spirits can interact with our physical realm (According to Scripture). You seem to be doubt about that fact.

Right Divider

Body part
Humans have spiritual bodies.
Scriptural support?

Paul says that the spiritual body comes later. The natural man does NOT have a spiritual body and never will.

1Cor 15:44 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:44) It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

The spirit is united with a person’s soul and flesh and blood body.
That does NOT make it a "spiritual body".

Humans have spirits because the spirit returns to God. What”s important to understand here is that spirits can interact with our physical realm (According to Scripture). You seem to be doubt about that fact.
None of has anything to do with spiritual bodies.

glorydaz

Leviticus 17:11 says the life of the flesh is in the blood.

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul." (Leviticus 17:11).

After Jesus returns from His ascension to the Father, He visits His disciples and says that He has flesh and bones to them.

"Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have." (Luke 24:39).

So Luke 24:39 says Jesus has flesh.

Hebrews 7:25 says that Jesus ever lives to make intercession for us believers.

"Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them." (Hebrews 7:25).

Life of the flesh is in the blood according to Leviticus 17:11.
And Jesus is said to have flesh in Luke 24:39, and He is said to "live" according to Hebrews 7:25 (Note: Also see Revelation 1:18, too).

Philippians 3:21 says that we will be fashioned like unto his glorious body.

"Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself." (Philippians 3:21).

We learn that after Christ's ascension to the Father and His return to see His disciples revealed that He had flesh and bones. Leviticus 17:11 says the life of the flesh is in the blood. Jesus did not resurrect so as to be dead. He was alive. He was still flesh, bones, and blood.

According to Philippians 3:21: We will also one day take on the same flesh and blood body of Jesus one day.

Life is in the blood for flesh that suffers corruption and goes into the grave, but not so with the incorruptible body that has been resurrected. So, I ask again....where is the blood?

glorydaz

Humans have spiritual bodies. The spirit is united with a person’s soul and flesh and blood body. Humans have spirits because the spirit returns to God. What”s important to understand here is that spirits can interact with our physical realm (According to Scripture). You seem to be doubt about that fact.

No, man is composed of a body (corruptible), a soul, and a spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.​

Clearly there is a change.

Jason0047

Life is in the blood for flesh that suffers corruption and goes into the grave, but not so with the incorruptible body that has been resurrected. So, I ask again....where is the blood?

If you want to be consistent with the Bible, we know that it teaches that the life of the flesh is in the blood.

Jason0047

No, man is composed of a body (corruptible), a soul, and a spirit.

1 Corinthians 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.​

Clearly there is a change.

Then why would Paul tell us to keep our soul, spirit, and body blameless until the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ?

glorydaz

Then why would Paul tell us to keep our soul, spirit, and body blameless until the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ?

He expected Jesus to return. We're speaking of the composition of man.

Corruptible means this body will rot in the ground...UNLESS He comes before we die, and then we will be changed. There is a natural body and a spiritual body. They are not the same.

1 Cor. 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.​

Jerry Shugart

Jason, you are totally confused about this subject because those in the Body of Christ will not put on spiritual bodies until they are raised from the dead:

"So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body"
(1 Cor.15:42-44).​

Your whole theory comes crashing down with these verses in view.

Jason0047

He expected Jesus to return. We're speaking of the composition of man.

Corruptible means this body will rot in the ground...UNLESS He comes before we die, and then we will be changed. There is a natural body and a spiritual body. They are not the same.

1 Cor. 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.​

Paul is talking about the Rapture and not the final Resurrection of the Dead in 1 Corinthians 15.

Jason0047

Jason, you are totally confused about this subject because those in the Body of Christ will not put on spiritual bodies until they are raised from the dead:

"So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body"
(1 Cor.15:42-44).​

Your whole theory comes crashing down with these verses in view.

Not a problem. The Rapture is also considered a resurrection of the Dead because....

"For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the archangel's voice, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first." (1 Thessalonians 4:16).

glorydaz

Paul is talking about the Rapture and not the final Resurrection of the Dead in 1 Corinthians 15.

No. Being "sown" into the ground should give you a clue.

1 Cor. 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

1 Cor. 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:​

He does make an allusion to the mystery, but the chapter is about the corruptible body and being raised a spiritual body.

There is a big difference between being RAISED and being changed...not having tasted death (sleep).

1 Cor. 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

glorydaz

Not a problem. The Rapture is also considered a resurrection of the Dead because....

"For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the archangel's voice, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first." (1 Thessalonians 4:16).

1 Thess. 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.​

Rather the dead in Christ will be resurrected, and those who are alive will be CAUGHT UP....which is the meaning of being raptured.

Jerry Shugart

It will only at the rapture event when Christians will put on spiritual bodies. So what you said earlier makes no sense whatsoever and completely destroys your theory:

Jason0047

It will only at the rapture event when Christians will put on spiritual bodies. So what you said earlier makes no sense whatsoever and completely destroys your theory:

No. You are simply seeing error where none exists.

Humans have a:

(a) Soul
(b) Spirit
(c) Flesh and Blood Body (Natural Body).

Humans sow while having all three of these (Including the natural body).
It is raised a spiritual body (as Paul says).
This Rapture would not include the natural body.
This would be a new raised spirit body (with no natural body).

So it is sown as a natural body, and it is raised as a spiritual body.

There is no contradiction.

Jerry Shugart

This Rapture would not include the natural body.
This would be a new raised spirit body (with no natural body).

But you said the following about the body of humans:

You used the "present" tense when you said that "Humans have spiritual bodies" so you have somehow tricked your mind into believing that humans no longer have natural bodies but now have spiritual bodies.

If I were you I woudn't be expecting anyone else to believe your assertion that humans HAVE spiritual bodies.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
Anyone born of a woman is considered having a natural body. A natural body is a body that is made from the earth. Adam was made directly from the earth (natural body) and Eve was made from Adam. Eve was flesh of his flesh and bone of his bone and is therefore made indirectly from the earth and is also a natural body. Since all mortal flesh comes from Adam all are considered having a natural body. Jesus himself was born of woman and also shared the same flesh as all the rest of mankind. He had a natural body. Jesus no longer has a natural body but a spiritual body by being raised immortal to die no more. The natural body is mortal while the spiritual body is immortal.