ECT BAPTISM IN THE OT , BAPTISM IN THE GOSPELS AND BAPTISM TODAY ??

DAN P

Hi to all and BAPTISM / BAPTIZO in the OT is found in Heb 9:10 where WASHING / BAPTISMOS Which stood in MEAT / OFFERINGS , and in DRINK / OFFERINGS and in CARNAL ORDINANCES IMPOSED until the time of REFORMATION !!

In the Gospels , Matt 3:7 John the BAPTIZER came into the scene and his BAPTISM only lasted about 3 years !!

From Acts 1:5 we see that John's WATER BAPTISM / BAPTIZO is to be ABOLISHED and to be replaced with the BAPTISM of HOLY SPIRIT POWER !! No Greek article used before HOLY SPIRIT

We also see that from Acts 2:38 you will be BAPTIZED with the HOLY SPIRIT POWER !!

The verb WILL RECEIVE is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE and this means that Acts 2:38 is the NEAR VIEW !!

In Matt 3:7 the Pharisees and Sadducees came to John the BAPTISM / BAPTISMA and BAPTISMA just means that John is the ONLY BAPTIZER , until he was m Beheaded !!

The FAR VIEW will happen during Jacob's Trouble or the first 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation !!

So today there is ONE LORD , ONE FAITH and ONE BAPTIZER the Holy SPIRIT as the Greek word in Eph 4:5 context is not BAPTISM but the Greek word BAPTIZER and under the DISPENSATION of the GRACE of God , Paul could NEVER BAPTIZE and NEVER BAPTIZED , PERIOD !!

So those who believe in WATER BAPTISM need to dry their EARS and get over it !!

dan p

DAN P

BAPTISMOS? sounds strange, is it like baptism?

Hi and just check the Greek text and they will show you where these words are to be found !!

BAPTISM

BAPTISMO

BAPTISMA

BAPTO

BAPTISTE

BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

Idenfication and so on !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Paul could NEVER BAPTIZE and NEVER BAPTIZED , PERIOD !!

Then how do you explain what he said here?:

"I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other" (1 Cor.1:14-16).​

DAN P

"I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other" (1 Cor.1:14-16).​

#1 Just most see the Greek word BAPTIZO and all they can think of , IT IS WATER !!

I have shown by my opening post that the Greek Baptizo FROM the beginning was WASHING / BAPTISMOS and Heb 9:10 says that this WASHING / BAPTISOMOS or cleansing stood for MEAT OFFERINGS , DRINK OFFERINGS and in OTHER BWASHINGS / OR DIVER WASHING and were in force until the time of REFORMATION , and that is one SIGN POST , that points to the GOSPELS and Acts , for sure , Jerry !!

Jerry did you see where else that word Crispus shows up , see Acts 18:8 and see that Paul is said to BAPTIZE Crispus and notice that Paul was NOT in the same room as Crispus BUT verse 7 says that Paul DEPARTED from that place and went to Justus house !!

What then happens in the Synagogue , verse 8 , they believed in the Lord and many Corinthians hearing , were believing and were being BAPTIZED , but not by Paul as Paul was next door !!

And here is the what should compel all to believe what Paul says in 1 Cor 15:8 that he ( Paul ) was born out of due time , with a NEW MESSAGE OF GRACE and the 12 and Israel will be BORN IN DUE TIME at the end of the n Great Tribulation !!

Acts 2 7 , 13 nor 28 have no STANDING and I can say WATER BAPTISM is all WASHED OUT !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

#1 Just most see the Greek word BAPTIZO and all they can think of , IT IS WATER !!

The words of Paul which I quoted are speaking of him who is doing the baptizing.

On the other hand, the following baptism is performed by the Holy Spirit:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

DAN P

The words of Paul which I quoted are speaking of him who is doing the baptizing.

On the other hand, the following baptism is performed by the Holy Spirit:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

Hi Jerry and since you did not respond to my post , then you are accepting it !!

Maybe you will say what BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD , means in 1 Cor 15:29 means , if you want to continue the debate on BAPTIZO / BAPTISM ??

Is this BAPTISM , HOLY SPIRIT or is it WATER and explain how you know which is it's meaning IS ??

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Paul could NEVER BAPTIZE and NEVER BAPTIZED , PERIOD !!

You still have not answered the following words of Paul where he said that he did baptize:

"I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other"
(1 Cor.1:14-16).​

If Paul was not speaking of water baptism then what kind of baptism did he perform?

DAN P

You still have not answered the following words of Paul where he said that he did baptize:

"I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other"

If Paul was not speaking of water baptism then what kind of baptism did he perform?

Hi Jerry and you AVOIDED POST 6 and have the nerve to say I did not answer , you are BOGUS at best !!

So you believe in Water and trying to drag Paul into your wrong idea as to what BAPTISM was designed to do !!

You never explained what BAPTISM FOR THE DEAD , meant , can you ??

Your silence is your answer !!

dan p

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi Jerry and since you did not respond to my post , then you are accepting it !!
Nah.
Maybe he accepts it and maybe he doesn't, but not responding does not force a conclusion to mean that he accepts it.

DAN P

Nah.
Maybe he accepts it and maybe he doesn't, but not responding does not force a conclusion to mean that he accepts it.

Hi and just PLAYING WITH him , and silence is and answer to many OR they play there ONLY card in there HAND , you never answer and if anyone accused me of that I would go unhinged and would just say I do not know !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and you AVOIDED POST 6 and have the nerve to say I did not answer , you are BOGUS at best !!

I can't make heads or tails out of your posts #6.

So please explain what kind of baptism Paul was referring to in this passage:

Since you say that Paul didn't baptize anyone with water then what kind of baptism was he referring to in that passage?

DAN P

I can't make heads or tails out of your posts #6.

So please explain what kind of baptism Paul was referring to in this passage:

Since you say that Paul didn't baptize anyone with water then what kind of baptism was he referring to in that passage?

Hi Jerry and have you noticed the words in verse , 15 , LEST ANYONE S H O U L D SAY i HAD BAPTIZED FOR MY NAME !!

Do you understand that verse , Jerry ??

In Matt 28:19 they BAPTIZED in the name of the FATHER , THE SON and the HOLY SPIRIT !!

In Acts 19:5 they were baptized And in Acts 3: BE BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST in the NAME OF THE LORD JESUS !!

Then in Acts 3:38 Peter sats and let each of you be BAPTIZED , IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST !!

Tell me Jerry do you SEE the meaning why Paul could not BAPTIZE , OTHERWISE Paul would be BAPTIZING IN HIS NAME and that is why Paul could not BAPTIZE , that was not Paul's mission !!

dan p

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and have you noticed the words in verse , 15 , LEST ANYONE S H O U L D SAY i HAD BAPTIZED FOR MY NAME !!

Do you understand that verse , Jerry ??

Yes, I understand that verse. But please explain what kind of baptism Paul was referring to in that passage:

DAN P

Yes, I understand that verse. But please explain what kind of baptism Paul was referring to in that passage:

Hi Jerry and do you say that WATER BAPTISM is still is force today ?

Where do you say the WATER BAPTISM STOPPED ??

Just do not say I am changing the subject and Paul never BAPTIZED IN ANYONE'S NAME THAT I have seen !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and do you say that WATER BAPTISM is still is force today ?

No, water baptism is not now in force. Now that I have answered your question please answer mine.

Please explain what kind of baptism Paul was referring to in that passage:

LisaAkita

What a great discussion - but we need to go back a bit - what was the reason that John was baptizing (washing) in the first place? The coming of the Messiah to Israel was to make of them a kingdom of Priests by which they would share their God to the heathen - and as priests they had to be washed and ready - it was never a direction given to the gentiles. The waters really get muddied when we try to mix the 2 peoples and and the 2 Gospels even a bit. I'm even beginning to wonder what part or place we will occupy after the tribulation, once the kingdom is established. Paul talks about our citizenship being heavenly - and all of Israel is about being subjects in the kingdom. There are so many differences between Israel and the Church - the more I read the more it's leaping off the pages!

DAN P

No, water baptism is not now in force. Now that I have answered your question please answer mine.

Please explain what kind of baptism Paul was referring to in that passage:

Hi and Jerry and thanks for your persistence and 1 Cor 1:15 shows why Paul could NEVER WATER BAPTIZE !!

You are just like those who try to entrap , give me a YES or NO answer , especially , when I have answered it many time and then say I knew about 1 Cor 1:15 , what a BOLVIATER !!

All people who WATER BAPTIZED / BAPTISMA were baptizers and Paul never qualify , just are those who BAPTIZE TODAY , their WATER BAPTISM IS NULL AND VOID !!

I believe that your questions concerning Paul is say , SEE PAUL WATER BAPTIZED !!

Any dummy can see that they WATER BAPTIZED all through the book of ACTS and kept the Law of Moses in Acts 20 !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi and Jerry and thanks for your persistence and 1 Cor 1:15 shows why Paul could NEVER WATER BAPTIZE !!

Dan, since you are so sure that Paul never water baptized anyone why will you not answer what kind of baptism Paul speaks of in the following passage:

What kind of baptism was Paul referring to in that passage, Dan?

You are just like those who try to entrap , give me a YES or NO answer , especially , when I have answered it many time and then say I knew about 1 Cor 1:15 , what a BOLVIATER !!

If you have no answer just say so but it is disingenuous of you to call me names.