ECT BAPTISM IN THE OT , BAPTISM IN THE GOSPELS AND BAPTISM TODAY ??

DAN P

So you are saying that when Paul spoke of baptizing people that baptism was in reality the same thing as his laying his hands on them. Where in the Scriptures do we find the laying on of hands deascribed as being a "baptism"?

Hi and HERE WE GO AGAIN ??

In Acts 19:4 says And Paul said , John indeed BAPTIZED ( WITH WATER ) and John was a BAPTISMA / BAPTIZER OF REPENTANCE ETC, ETC !

In verse 4 and having heard this and to JERRY , THEY WERE BAPTIZED in the name of Jesus . DID YOU SEE THE WORD BAPTIZED in the JESUS , did you see that Jerry !!

Then in verse 5 and having heard thsi , they were BAPTIZED ( SEE THE WORD BAPTIZED , HERE JERRY ) in the name of the LORD JESUS !!

Then in verse 6 Paul LAID HIS HANDS upon them , and HOLY SPIRIT came upon them , DO YOU SEE THAT JERRY ??and they spoke in Tongues and were Prophesying like at Pentecost , GOT IT JERRY !!

They spoken in Tongues , like at Pentecost !!

dan

glorydaz

Hi and at least you were open , saw , and excepted , and if Paul is speaking or that he is in any verse , be careful !!

Just , do not learn to fast and catch up to me and then I will be out of a job !!

dan p

Good advice, Dan. I'll take it. :e4e:

glorydaz

Hi and HERE WE GO AGAIN ??

In Acts 19:4 says And Paul said , John indeed BAPTIZED ( WITH WATER ) and John was a BAPTISMA / BAPTIZER OF REPENTANCE ETC, ETC !

In verse 4 and having heard this and to JERRY , THEY WERE BAPTIZED in the name of Jesus . DID YOU SEE THE WORD BAPTIZED in the JESUS , did you see that Jerry !!

Then in verse 5 and having heard thsi , they were BAPTIZED ( SEE THE WORD BAPTIZED , HERE JERRY ) in the name of the LORD JESUS !!

Then in verse 6 Paul LAID HIS HANDS upon them , and HOLY SPIRIT came upon them , DO YOU SEE THAT JERRY ??and they spoke in Tongues and were Prophesying like at Pentecost , GOT IT JERRY !!

They spoken in Tongues , like at Pentecost !!

dan

Which is different than being baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ, right?

Jerry Shugart

Yea, I got that Dan. But I do not think that Paul would call the act of laying on of hands a baptism.

Could you please give evidence from the Scriptures which would lead anyone to believe that the laying on of hands is described as a baptism?

Jerry Shugart

Which is different than being baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ, right?

In regard to the receiving of holy spirit which is spoken of at Acts 19:6 it is the Lord Jesus who is doing the baptizing. John the Baptist said the following about Him:

"And John testifies, saying that "I have gazed upon the spirit, descending as a dove out of heaven, and it remains on Him." And I was not aware of Him, but He Who sends me to be baptizing in water, That One said to me, 'On Whomever you may be perceiving the spirit descending and remaining on Him, This is He Who is baptizing in holy spirit" (Jn.1:32-33; CLV).​

You are right that this baptism is not the one performed by the Holy Spirit of believers into the Body of Christ.

glorydaz

In regard to the receiving of holy spirit which is spoken of at Acts 19:6 it is the Lord Jesus who is doing the baptizing. John the Baptist said the following about Him:

"And John testifies, saying that "I have gazed upon the spirit, descending as a dove out of heaven, and it remains on Him." And I was not aware of Him, but He Who sends me to be baptizing in water, That One said to me, 'On Whomever you may be perceiving the spirit descending and remaining on Him, This is He Who is baptizing in holy spirit" (Jn.1:32-33; CLV).​

You are right that this baptism is not the one performed by the Holy Spirit of believers into the Body of Christ.

Hmmm....I hadn't thought of that, either. You guys are just a fount of information today.

DAN P

Hi and you have it right and is a BIG subject with MANY COMPONENTS and the Uninitiated see the word BAPTISM and it only means WATER and how dare anyone say other wise !!

dan p

DAN P

Yea, I got that Dan. But I do not think that Paul would call the act of laying on of hands a baptism.

Could you please give evidence from the Scriptures which would lead anyone to believe that the laying on of hands is described as a baptism?

Hi Jerry and in Acts 8:16 and 17 and having been BAPTIZED , VERSE 17 Then they were LAYING HANDS upon them and they were RECEIVING Holy Spirit !!

And in Acts 9:17 Ananias LAID HANDS that you might recover sight and might be FULL of HOLY SPIRIT . and in verse 18 and having STOOD UP , he Paul was, WAS , WAS , WAS , BAPTIZED , !!

I have already quoted in Acts 19:5 and 6 the 12 disciples were BAPTIZED and in verse 6 Paul LAID his hand and the HOLY SPIRIT came upon them !!

No one will ever do what Paul did in Acts 19:5 and 6 as the BAPTISMA / BAPTIZER will only be the HOLY SPIRIT as written in Eph 4:5 ONE BAPTIZER / BAPTISMA !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and in Acts 8:16 and 17 and having been BAPTIZED , VERSE 17 Then they were LAYING HANDS upon them and they were RECEIVING Holy Spirit !!

It was the Lord Himself who baptized with holy spirit then:

"And John testifies, saying that "I have gazed upon the spirit, descending as a dove out of heaven, and it remains on Him." And I was not aware of Him, but He Who sends me to be baptizing in water, That One said to me, 'On Whomever you may be perceiving the spirit descending and remaining on Him, This is He Who is baptizing in holy spirit"
(Jn.1:32-33; CLV).​

And when Paul laid his hands on the twelve at Acts 19:6-7 it was the same baptism.

That is not the same baptism of which Paul spoke of here:

"I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other" (1 Cor.1:14-16).​

What kind of baptism was Paul speaking about there?

DAN P

It was the Lord Himself who baptized with holy spirit then:

"And John testifies, saying that "I have gazed upon the spirit, descending as a dove out of heaven, and it remains on Him." And I was not aware of Him, but He Who sends me to be baptizing in water, That One said to me, 'On Whomever you may be perceiving the spirit descending and remaining on Him, This is He Who is baptizing in holy spirit"
(Jn.1:32-33; CLV).​

And when Paul laid his hands on the twelve at Acts 19:6-7 it was the same baptism.

That is not the same baptism of which Paul spoke of here:

"I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other" (1 Cor.1:14-16).​

What kind of baptism was Paul speaking about there?

Hi Jerry and in Acts 19:6 and HERE Paul is the BAPTIZER as Paul LAID HANDS upon them , the HOLY SPIRIT came upon them and they were speaking in LANGUAGES and were PROPHESYING , and do we see this today , NO , why not ??

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and in Acts 19:6 and HERE Paul is the BAPTIZER as Paul LAID HANDS upon them , the HOLY SPIRIT came upon them and they were speaking in LANGUAGES and were PROPHESYING , and do we see this today , NO , why not ??

Because speaking in tongues went along with the gospel Paul preached in the following passage which was according to "prophecy":

"Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh" (Ro.1:1-3).​

But later Paul preached a different gospel, one which was kept secret since the world began:

"Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began"
(Ro.16:25).​

Speaking in tongues does not accompany this gospel.

Since I answered your question it is your turn to answer mine:

When did Paul preach the gospel which was promised by the OT prophets and to whom did he preach that gospel?