ECT BAPTISM IN THE OT , BAPTISM IN THE GOSPELS AND BAPTISM TODAY ??

Jerry Shugart

The waters really get muddied when we try to mix the 2 peoples and and the 2 Gospels even a bit. I'm even beginning to wonder what part or place we will occupy after the tribulation, once the kingdom is established.

Paul makes it plain when those in the Body will be caught up to meet the Lord Jesus in the air that from that point in time forward those in the Body will be with Him for ever:

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord"
(1 Thess.4:17).​

So when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth to usher in His kingdom those in the Body will be with Him and they will judge the world ( 1 Cor.6:2).

DAN P

Dan, since you are so sure that Paul never water baptized anyone why will you not answer what kind of baptism Paul speaks of in the following passage:

"I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other"
(1 Cor.1:14-16).​

What kind of baptism was Paul referring to in that passage, Dan?

If you have no answer just say so but it is disingenuous of you to call me names.

Hi Jerry and I see that you will never answer 1 Cor 1:15 and to BLOWVIATE means you are just blowing AIR and accuse others of not answering and ALL can see you avoided 1 Cor 1:15 and answers why Paul could NEVER WATER BAPTIZE , because he would be baptizing in my name !! Show where BAPTIZE in the NAME OF THE LORD JESUS ??

And Acts 19:6 is not it and neither is Acts 18:7-8 !!

You either had to BAPTIST in the NAME OF THE FATHER , SON or HOLY SPIRIT or BAPTIZE in the NAME OF THE LORD JESUS and Paul was never authorize or PERFORM that function !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and I see that you will never answer 1 Cor 1:15 and to BLOWVIATE means you are just blowing AIR and accuse others of not answering and ALL can see you avoided 1 Cor 1:15 and answers why Paul could NEVER WATER BAPTIZE , because he would be baptizing in my name !! Show where BAPTIZE in the NAME OF THE LORD JESUS ??

Dan, I say that the baptism of which Paul speaks of in the following passage is water baptism:

"I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other"

You say that Paul is not saying he baptized anyone with water but you refuse to say what kind of baptism Paul is speaking about in this passage.

It is you who is blowing air and not me. I provided an answer to the meaning of the baptism in that passage but you have not.

Why not?

DAN P

Dan, I say that the baptism of which Paul speaks of in the following passage is water baptism:

You say that Paul is not saying he baptized anyone with water but you refuse to say what kind of baptism Paul is speaking about in this passage.

It is you who is blowing air and not me. I provided an answer to the meaning of the baptism in that passage but you have not.

Why not?

Hi Jerry and I said that Paul could NOT WATER BAPTIZE because he , Paul would then say that I had BAPTIZED FOR MY NAME !!

Then I said that from Acts through the end of Acts it is all WATER BAPTISM , accept for Acts 2:38 which is the baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT and also Acts 1:5 and also Acts 19 :2-6 has NO WATER and Acts 18:8 which has WATER !!

You have to understand Heb 9:10 and what the Greek word DIVERS WASHING / BAPTISMOS means , and what BAPTO means , BAPTISMA , means and all other TRANSLATION for BAPTIZO , LIKE GAVE , OR PLACED and if you have to ask me what those words mmeans , you do not understand BAPTISM !!

dan p

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and I said that Paul could NOT WATER BAPTIZE because he , Paul would then say that I had BAPTIZED FOR MY NAME !!

Then I said that from Acts through the end of Acts it is all WATER BAPTISM , accept for Acts 2:38 which is the baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT and also Acts 1:5 and also Acts 19 :2-6 has NO WATER and Acts 18:8 which has WATER !!

You have to understand Heb 9:10 and what the Greek word DIVERS WASHING / BAPTISMOS means , and what BAPTO means , BAPTISMA , means and all other TRANSLATION for BAPTIZO , LIKE GAVE , OR PLACED and if you have to ask me what those words mmeans , you do not understand BAPTISM !!

dan p

dan p

You still refuse to tell us what kind of baptism Paul performed in the following passage:

"I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other" (1 Cor.1:14-16).​

You say that when Paul spoke of baptizing the household of Stephanas that baptism was not with water. If you are right then you should be able to tell us what kind on baptism Paul spoke of in this passage.

But you refuse to tell us what kind of baptism Paul spoke about in that passage.

Why is that, Dan?

Last edited:

DAN P

You still refuse to tell us what kind of baptism Paul performed in the following passage:

"I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other" (1 Cor.1:14-16).​

You say that when Paul spoke of baptizing the household of Stephanas that baptism was not with water. If you are right then you should be able to tell us what kind on baptism Paul spoke of in this passage.

But you refuse to tell us what kind of baptism Paul spoke about in that passage.

Why is that, Dan?

Hi and will try once more , that in 1 Cor 1:14 and Acts 18:6-8 !!

#1 Jerry do you see the name of Crispus and Gaius in 1 Cor 1:14 ??

#2 In verse 5 Paul is preaching to the Jews , Jesus the Christ / MESSIAH and when they resisting v6 , Paul said from NOW ON I am clean I will turn to the GENTILES !!

#3 Then in verse 7 Paul departed fro the synagogue Paul went to JUSTUS as that house , JUSTUS house is BORDERING TIGHT to the Synagogue !!

#4 Now Paul is in Justus house , NOT THE SYNAGOGUE , in verse 8 CRISPUS and many Corinthians hearing . were believing what Paul preached and were being being BAPTIZO , which I believe they were baptized with water !!

#5 Paul never TOUCHED THEM , I say that Crispus , the ruler of the synagogue must have BAPTIZED THEM !!

By the way Jerry how were they WATER BAPTIZED ??

We know from Rom 1:1 that Paul was LIMITED to only preach God's Gospel and not to BAPTIZE and as Paul was not SENT to BAPTIZE or his ministry would be MADE EMPTY , 1 Cor 1:14 and 15 !!

Gaius had to be with CRISPUS !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

We know from Rom 1:1 that Paul was LIMITED to only preach God's Gospel and not to BAPTIZE and as Paul was not SENT to BAPTIZE or his ministry would be MADE EMPTY , 1 Cor 1:14 and 15 !!

So are you saying that the following passage indicates that Paul did not baptized anyone?:

DAN P

So are you saying that the following passage indicates that Paul did not baptized anyone?:

Hi Jerry and I do not mind you asking my position so , LET ME ASK YOU one , EXPLAIN Acts 19:2-6 and please answer when you think you know what is MEANS ??

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and I do not mind you asking my position so , LET ME ASK YOU one , EXPLAIN Acts 19:2-6 and please answer when you think you know what is MEANS ??

Dan, I have already done that but I will do it again but I expect you to answer my question.

" And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, 2. He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. 3. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. 4. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. 5. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied" (Acts 19:1-6).​

The antecedent of the pronoun "they" in verse 5 is the "people" who John the Baptist told that they should believe on Him which should come after him. So the people who are referred to as "they" in verse 5 were those who were baptized by John the Baptist. Paul did not baptize them.

Now it is time for you to tell us what kind of a baptism Paul referred to in this passage:

I say that he baptized them with water. Since you disagree then you must know what kind of baptism Paul speaks of in that passage.

What kind of baptism is Paul referring to in that passage, Dan?

DAN P

Dan, I have already done that but I will do it again but I expect you to answer my question.

" And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, 2. He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. 3. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. 4. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. 5. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied" (Acts 19:1-6).​

The antecedent of the pronoun "they" in verse 5 is the "people" who John the Baptist told that they should believe on Him which should come after him. So the people who are referred to as "they" in verse 5 were those who were baptized by John the Baptist. Paul did not baptize them.

Now it is time for you to tell us what kind of a baptism Paul referred to in this passage:

I say that he baptized them with water. Since you disagree then you must know what kind of baptism Paul speaks of in that passage.

What kind of baptism is Paul referring to in that passage, Dan?

Hi and you AVOIDED what Acts 19:1-6 really is saying and you call that EXEGESIS , are you KIDDING !!

I call that a CRETIN ANSWER !!

I said that in 1 Cor 1:11 there were STRIFES among you and in verse 12 I am of Paul and I of Apollos and please notice that both Grace preachers and CEPHAS and Crist were both law OF Moses teachers !!

IN VERSE 13 Has Christ been separated into parts ? Was Paul crucified for you ?

Or , were you BAPTIZED for the name of Paul ??

This is why Paul could NEVER Baptize as Paul never had the AUTHORITY to WATER BAPTIZE !!

Verse 15 says why Paul NOT BAPTIZE , LEST anyone should say that I had baptized for my name !!

This is why Paul could NEVER WATER BAPTIZE ANYONE !!

But Jerry keeps asking is , verse 15 talking about WATER / HUDOR , NO !!

It explains ONLY why Paul could never WATER BAPTIZE !!

Was their WATER BAPTISMS in Acts , I believe there were as in Acts 21:20 the Jews were still keeping the LAW of Moses !!

But of course Jerry NEVER can answer what Acts 19:2-6 and tell us all Jerry was that were BAPTIZED in verse WATER / HUDOR ??

Or are you going to AVOID ME AGAIN ??

Here is another Jerry can AVOID AGAIN , in Acts 18:8 explain it if that is WATER ALSO ??

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi and you AVOIDED what Acts 19:1-6 really is saying and you call that EXEGESIS , are you KIDDING !!

Get yourself a dictionary and look up the meaning of the word "antecedent."

Then maybe you can understand what i said about those verses.

In the meantime, I say that the baptism spoken of by Paul in the following passage is water baptism:

You say that you KNOW that it wasn't water baptism but you refuse to tell us what kind of baptism it was.

DAN P

Get yourself a dictionary and look up the meaning of the word "antecedent."

Then maybe you can understand what i said about those verses.

In the meantime, I say that the baptism spoken of by Paul in the following passage is water baptism:

You say that you KNOW that it wasn't water baptism but you refuse to tell us what kind of baptism it was.

Hi , Jerry and I have told you what it means BUT first you are DISHONEST when you said I have answered what Acts 19:1-6 means !!

I have told you many times mto read Acts 18:8 where CRISPUS is BEING BAPTIZED , so after you read Acts 18:6-8 How was CRISPUS BAPTIZED ??

If you read verse 8 , Paul was not even in the same room as Paul was NEXT DOOR in Justus house and the CRISPUS in verse 7 was in the synagogue , THEY WERE NOT TOGETHER IN THE SAME ROOM !!

I could make a case for WATER or a DRY BAPTISM but the context no where demands WATER / HUDOR , and their is no formula , as baptizing in the name of the FATHER , SON OR HOLY SPIRIT or to BAPTIZE IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST oF to BAPTIZE IN THE NAME OF THE LORD !!

So tell us Jerry , how CRISPUS BAPTIZED ??

The HOLY SPIRIT BAPTIZED them just in Acts 10:44-45 !!

I expect no answer on Acts 19:1-6 as you have AVOIDED IT MANY TIMES !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi , Jerry and I have told you what it means BUT first you are DISHONEST when you said I have answered what Acts 19:1-6 means !!

I said that you have not answered the kind of baptism Paul performed at 1 Corinthians 1:14-16, not at Acts 19:1-6:

Are you saying that Paul baptized these people with holy spirit or with the Holy Spirit?

DAN P

I said that you have not answered the kind of baptism Paul performed at 1 Corinthians 1:14-16, not at Acts 19:1-6:

Are you saying that Paul baptized these people with holy spirit or with the Holy Spirit?

Hi and DODGER JERRY , and Acts 10: As Peter is speaking these words , the HOLY SPIRIT FELL upon all the ONES hearing the WORD !!

This is what happened in Acts 18:8 , CRISPUS is the same CRISPUS of 1 Cor 1:14 !!

In the following chapter , 19:6 BAPTIZED HERE , by Laying his HANDS and the HOLY SPIRIT came upon them , SEE THAT JERRY ??

Tell me was that WATER BAPTISM ??

Or was it a DRY BAPTISM , Jerry ??

dan p

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

In the following chapter , 19:6 BAPTIZED HERE , by Laying his HANDS and the HOLY SPIRIT came upon them , SEE THAT JERRY ??

So you are saying that when Paul spoke of baptizing people that baptism was in reality the same thing as his laying his hands on them?

glorydaz

Hi and DODGER JERRY , and Acts 10: As Peter is speaking these words , the HOLY SPIRIT FELL upon all the OPNES hearing the WORD !!

This is what happened in Acts 18:8 , CRISPUS is the same CRISPUS of 1 Cor 1:14 !!

Tell me was that WATER BAPTISM ??

Or was it a DRY BAPTISM , Jerry ??

dan p

Aha....I finally see the point you're making, Dan. :thumb:

DAN P

Aha....I finally see the point you're making, Dan. :thumb:

Hi and at least you were open , saw , and excepted , and if Paul is speaking or that he is in any verse , be careful !!

Just , do not learn to fast and catch up to me and then I will be out of a job !!

dan p

DAN P

And Acts 19:6 the KJV has translated it " THE HOLY SPIRIT " BUT the Greek text does not have the Greek ARTICLE ( THE ) and should read Holy Spirit , which signifies the POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT a different BAPTISM , like written in Acts 1:5 !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and read Acts 19:6 and you decide !!

The verse is clear to me , why not you ??

So you are saying that when Paul spoke of baptizing people that baptism was in reality the same thing as his laying his hands on them. Where in the Scriptures do we find the laying on of hands deascribed as being a "baptism"?