ECT Why Was Paul Baptized With Water?

DAN P

You are trying to change the subject, dan p.

Why won't you answer the question that is the subject of this thread?:

"Why was Paul baptized with Water?"

Of course Ananias was referring to water baptism. Ananias told Saul (Paul)"why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22:16).

What other baptism could Ananias be referring to there?

Besides that, why did Paul baptize some believers?

Hi Jerry ans have answered what you asked and post #19 , you did NOT !!

Read Acts 18:7-8 and tell me what that verses MEANS , IF you can ?? It is Crispus of 1 Cor 1:14 !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Dan, if you don't want to tell us why Paul was baptized with water and why he baptized some believers with water then just say so. If you don't know why then just say that you don't.

I say that on the Damascus road Paul realized that the Lord Jesus is both the Christ and the Son of God and he was born of God and saved when he believed that (1 Jn.5:1-5). So his baptism with water had nothing to do with salvation.

The same can be said about Cornelius. He received the gift bestowed by the Holy Spirit (the ability to speak in tongues) and was saved before he was baptized with water (Acts 10:45-48).

DAN P

Dan, if you don't want to tell us why Paul was baptized with water and why he baptized some believers with water then just say so. If you don't know why then just say that you don't.

I say that on the Damascus road Paul realized that the Lord Jesus is both the Christ and the Son of God and he was born of God and saved when he believed that (1 Jn.5:1-5). So his baptism with water had nothing to do with salvation.

The same can be said about Cornelius. He received the gift bestowed by the Holy Spirit (the ability to speak in tongues) and was saved before he was baptized with water (Acts 10:45-48).

Hi Jerry and in Acts 9:17 Has sent me so that you might RECOVER SIGHT , amd MIGHT BE FULL OF HOLY SPIRIT POWER !!

In verse 18 and having stood up Paul was BAPTIZED with Holy SPIRIT POWER just as verse 17 said , why do you not understand the MEMO !!

Ananias laid his LAID his hands on Paul and was BAPTIZED WITH HOLY SPIRIT POWER !!

Not water baptized with water , but BAPTIZED with HOLY SPIRIT POWER as the Greek article is not used , the ARTICLE being the Greek word " THE " do you understand what the Greek article ( THE ) means ??

God have mercy !!

dan o

Jerry Shugart

Ananias laid his LAID his hands on Paul and was BAPTIZED WITH HOLY SPIRIT POWER !!

Then why does Ananias speak of a "washing" when he told Saul (Paul)"why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord"
(Acts 22:16).

Besides that, are you going to deny that Paul baptized some believers with water?

way 2 go

Ananias told Saul (Paul)"why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22:16).

What was the purpose of this baptism?

the purpose of Paul's baptism was they were doing what they had always done.
Was it not for the remission of sins?

No, not for the remission of sin

DAN P

Then why does Ananias speak of a "washing" when he told Saul (Paul)"why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord"
(Acts 22:16).

Besides that, are you going to deny that Paul baptized some believers with water?

Hi Jerry and what does the Greek word WASH /APOLOUO MEAN !!

In Eph 5:26 the Greek word is WASHING / LOUTRON mean ??

In Titus 3:5 is also WASHING / LOUTRON and better look at the context !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

No, not for the remission of sin

They were doing the same baptism which the John the Baptist had already done:

"And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins" (Lk.3:3).​

Are you actually arguing that the baptism of repentance was NOT for the remission of sins?

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and what does the Greek word WASH /APOLOUO MEAN !!

So you saying that when Ananias said the following to Paul he was speaking of Paul being baptized with Holy Spirit power?:

"why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22:16).​

Is that the same kind of baptism that Paul spoke of here?:

"I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius"
(1 Cor.1:14).​

way 2 go

They were doing the same baptism which the John the Baptist had already done:
"And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins" (Lk.3:3).​

Are you actually arguing that the baptism of repentance was NOT for the remission of sins?

No, NOT for the remission of sin.

Jerry Shugart

What baptism is Paul speaking of here?:

"I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius" (1 Cor.1:14).​

Of course the baptism prior to Paul is the one spoken of in the following verse which was performed by John the Baptist:

"And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins"
(Lk.3:3).​

What other baptism was there prior to Paul where people did the baptizing?

way 2 go

the same baptism Paul was unnecessarily baptized with.

Of course the baptism prior to Paul is the one spoken of in the following verse which was performed by John the Baptist:

"And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins"
(Lk.3:3).

Mar_10:38 But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?

Jerry Shugart

the same baptism Paul was unnecessarily baptized with.

So Paul baptized some believers with an unnecessary baptism?:

I asked you:

Here is your answer:

Mar_10:38 But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?

My question was about what kind of baptism was in view when Ananias told Paul the following:

"why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22:16).​

Surely you are not saying that the baptism which the Lord Jesus spoke of at Mark 10:38 is the same baptism Ananias told Paul to submit to, are you?

DAN P

(Lk.3:3).​

Hi Jerrty and here is ONE example OF how Paul baprized anyone !!

In Acts 19:2-7 !!

Verse 2 Paul said to them HAVING BELIEVED , have you RECIEVED ( THE ) HOLY SPIRIT and the word THE in brackets in NOT IN THE GREEK TEXT !!

They answer , But we did not hear whether there is HOLY SPIRIT !!

Verse 2 , they were Baptized into the BAPTISM of John !!

verse 5 says and having heard this they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus !!

This is different than Matt 28:18 where they will be BAPTIZED in the name of the FATHER , THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT , WHY ??

So how did Paul BAPTIZE THESE 12 DISCIPLES ??

In verse 6 Paul LAID HANDS UPON THEM , THE HOLY SPIRIT came upon them and they spake in Languages and were Prophesying , just as Acts 1:5 PREDICTED and this is what happened at PENTECOST !!

Anyone who says that Paul BAPTIZED with WATER IS FOLLOWING THE Acts 28er FAKE NEWS !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

So how did Paul BAPTIZE THESE 12 DISCIPLES ??

In verse 6 Paul LAID HANDS UPON THEM , THE HOLY SPIRIT came upon them and they spake in Languages and were Prophesying , just as Acts 1:5 PREDICTED and this is what happened at PENTECOST !!

The laying of hands is not a baptism.

Jerry Shugart

[/INDENT]
yes, the same baptism Paul was unnecessarily baptized with.

So Paul, Crispus, and Gaius were all baptized unnecessarily.

Too bad that you were not there back in the first century so that you could have set them straight!

Why do you think that Paul was ignorant about these baptisms?

way 2 go

So Paul, Crispus, and Gaius were all baptized unnecessarily.
correct

Why do you think that Paul was ignorant about these baptisms?

same reason some thought circumcision was still necessary

Act 15:1 But some men came down from Judea and were teaching the brothers, "Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved."