ECT What 'Gospel' Did Paul Preach at Acts 9?

john w

Hall of Fame
According to you what is said in this verse is in error because it should read " whosoever except those who lived under the law."

Pathetic!

That's rich, loser, as you spam, on every third post, "This verse is in error...The Greek says...It should read.....," as you correct any verse/bible, that does not support, agree with, your Catholic "doctrine."

Get saved, divider of members of the boc, accuser of the brethren, poser.

Jerry Shugart

Impressive, bible corrector/mystic/agnostic, with that alcohol induced babbling, as members of the boc laugh at you. Slower: I only engage bible believers on this forum, not bible correctors/mystics/agnostics, such as yourself.

Of course you don't want to engage in an intelligent discussion on this thread because what is said is way, way above your understanding because you even admit that you are not born again. And you prove it by your silly antics, antics which defy what Paul says about how those who are born again should behave:

"I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace"
(Eph.4:1-3).​

You teach that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works, thus proving that you cannot even understand the simple words we read in the following verse:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"
(Jn.3:16).​

Your false teaching denies the very words of the Lord Jesus which were spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

You call yourself a Christian at the same time when you are denying His plain words.

"Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" (2 Tim.3:7).​

john w

Hall of Fame
Of course you don't want to engage in an intelligent discussion on this thread because what is said is way, way above your understanding because you even admit that you are not born again. And you prove it by your silly antics, antics which defy what Paul says about how those who are born again should behave:

"I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace"

You teach that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works, thus proving that you cannot even understand the simple words we read in the following verse:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"

Your false teaching denies the very words of the Lord Jesus which were spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

You call yourself a Christian at the same time when you are denying His plain words.

"Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" (2 Tim.3:7).​

You're a poser, admitted Catholic, a fruit inspector, and you deny that the bible is true, as you are a wicked bible corrector/mystic/agnostic, not a bible believer-you've admitted it. We know-so, why are you upset, poser?

Jerry Shugart

You're a poser, admitted Catholic, a fruit inspector, and you deny that the bible is true...

Show us that you actually believe the Bible by telling us how the Jews who lived under the law were saved with the following verse in view:

Now it is time for you to run and hide again so that you won't be exposed as the real Bible denier.

musterion

Apart from a direct quote, putting a word in quotes implies the thing in quotes is not really that thing at all.

Example: "Bob is a 'conservative '" implies that Bob is not a conservative, without coming right out and saying so.

Someone please tell me why the word gospel is similarly marked in the title.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
Show us that you actually believe the Bible by telling us how the Jews who lived under the law were saved with the following verse in view:

Now it is time for you to run and hide again so that you won't be exposed as the real Bible denier.
And the clown does not even realize, that TOL laughs at him, as he spams his oh so original, and cute little "run and hide" cliche, he thinks makes him look like the champ.

Slower:You're a poser, admitted Catholic, a fruit inspector, and you deny that the bible is true, as you are a wicked bible corrector/mystic/agnostic, not a bible believer-you've admitted it. We know-so, why are you upset, poser? I do not engage those, such as yourself,whose final authority is your Roman Catholic Organization, along with your own mind. I only engage bible believers, whose final authority is the volume of the book.

Can you dig it, divider of the brethren, admitted bible corrector/agnostic/mystic?

Good. Sit.

Jerry Shugart

And the clown does not even realize, that TOL laughs at him, as he spams his oh so original, and cute little "run and hide" cliche, he thinks makes him look like the champ, on every thread.

Everyone reading this thread can see you continue to run and hide from the following verse:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

Since you are unable to carry on an intelligent discussion about the meaning of these words you attack me personally in the hope that no one will notice that you do run and hide from this verse.

Run, johnny boy, run as fast as you can and look for the best place to hide! But the words at John 3:16 are not going to go away!

john w

Hall of Fame
Everyone reading this thread can see you continue to run and hide from the following verse:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

Slower:You're a poser, admitted Catholic, a fruit inspector, and you deny that the bible is true, as you are a wicked bible corrector/mystic/agnostic, not a bible believer-you've admitted it. We know-so, why are you upset, poser? I do not engage those, such as yourself,whose final authority is your Roman Catholic Organization, along with your own mind. I only engage bible believers, whose final authority is the volume of the book.

Can you dig it, divider of the brethren, admitted bible corrector/agnostic/mystic?

And the clown still does not even realize, that TOL laughs at him, as he spams his oh so original, and cute little "run and hide" cliche, he thinks makes him look like the champ, on every thread.

Since you are unable to carry on an intelligent discussion about the meaning of these words you attack me personally in the hope that no one will notice that you do run and hide from this verse.

Run, johnny boy, run as fast as you can and look for the best place to hide! But the words at John 3:16 are not going to go away!

=word-for=word spam, that he posts on every thread. And that "johnny boy" cliche is very impressive, old man, that you, being a closet Catolic, like to employ as your "Hail Mary," showing how much of a tough guy you are, Jer. Weighty. TOL trembles when Jer acts tough, as his testosterone pills ran out.

And, as part of Jer's "trifecta," it was inevitable that he'd spam his "wounded soul...I am a victim...quit attacking me!!!!" ploy, gimmick. You bore us, old man. Go back to the other sites, that you frequent, to prop up your sagging confidence, as most ignore you. Wait....You've been banned from over 10 sites....Right, Jer? Right....

Jerry Shugart

Slower:You're a poser, admitted Catholic

Why must you make accusations against me that you know are not true, john w?

I am not a Catholic because they deny, just like you, what is said in the following verse:

I believe what is said there that " whosoever" believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

According to your distorted ideas " whosoever" does not mean whosoever because the believing Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works.

You refuse to engage in an intelligent discussion about the meaning of John 3:16 and instead you say things about me that you know are not true.

john w

Hall of Fame
Why must you make accusations against me that you know are not true, john w?

1. Yes, you are. My evidence? Your posts. You are a closet Catholic, fruit inspector, posing as a member of the boc.

2. Stuff your hypocrisy, poser, as that is one of your demonic "ministries" on TOL-accuse me, JR, GD, RD, musterion..................................of things, that are not true, habitual liar, actress.
I am not a Catholic because they deny, just like you, what is said in the following verse:

You flaming white wall, crying about accusations, out of one side of your mouth, and, out of the other, accuse me, and other TOL members, of (fill in the blank). Which side of that "tough guy" face should we slap?

Get off this site, accuser of the brethren, divider, as we smell your sulfur.
[/QUOTE
You refuse to engage in an intelligent discussion about the meaning of John 3:16 and instead you say things about me that you know are not true.

=word-for-word spam, copy'npaste, he sends to everyone who disagrees with his bible correcting "doctrine."

You spam accusations against every member of TOL, so stuff your hypocrisy, and your habitual lying, liar, divider of the brethren.

WizardofOz

[MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION] - can you link to the post where [MENTION=10]Jerry Shugart[/MENTION] admits to being Catholic?

john w

Hall of Fame
[MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION] - can you link to the post where [MENTION=10]Jerry Shugart[/MENTION] admits to being Catholic?

Ask Jer to link, what he accuses others of, on TOL.

My evidence? His posts, where he assesses whether one is saved, by his/her "behaving."

Of course, since you've not followed his argument, the posts, in many threads, you would ask that "fly in/fly out" type of trap question.

Stay out of it-stay out it, as you are merely a bystander, in the stands, booing the players.

Jerry Shugart

Of course he can't because he knows that I am not a Catholic. john w cares nothing about the truth and he will tell lies about anyone who disagrees with his ideas.

musterion

Jerry does seem to have a strong streak of Lordship Salvation running through his mind, which ultimately is nothing more than Catholic baggage that protestants and evangelicals never jettisoned due to their unbreakable ties via Augustinianism, as well as good ol' works righteousness.

musterion

And for those who don't know:

Lordship Salvation, defined briefly, is the belief that a professing Christian's status of In Christ/Saved or Not In Christ/Unsaved can be discerned by watching how that person lives, speaks, etc. It's all about behavior modification where there's little if any real need for faith. If you LOOK like you've "made Jesus Lord of your life," then you probably have and are A-OK with the fruit inspectors. But if they decide you don't look like it...well...

Hence John's use of the apt term fruit inspector -- L.S. fans LOVE to know them by their fruits because "that's what Jesus said!" That's the beginning of pretty much all legalism, not just toward others but toward themselves (ask me how I know that).

Problem is, that will work fine during the Kingdom when God CAUSES His own to walk according to His will, but it absolutely does not work during this dispensation of grace. The truly saved today have the constant anchor of the world, the flesh and the Devil to contend with, while the religious lost can (and do) perform all manner of wondrously good works. So if judged by those criteria, most people would have it exactly backwards on who is and isn't really Christian.

And hey, whattaya know, that's exactly the state of affairs in modern Christendom.

And on TOL.

john w

Hall of Fame
Of course he can't because he knows that I am not a Catholic. john w cares nothing about the truth and he will tell lies about anyone who disagrees with his ideas.

Yes, you are, habitual liar, as you examine fellow members of the boc's, "behavior," in assessing whether they are saved, as you, satanically, being the divider of the brethren that you are , accuser of the brethren, have stated, on record, that I, other members of the boc, are lost, because they are not as clean a rat as you are, as you compare our behaviour, to yours, and think, "Well, they are not behaving as Paul says they should behave, and like I do behave, as although I am a rat, I'm not as dirty in my behaviour, as they are, so I must be saved, and they are lost."

You are a closet Catholic, poser. My evidence? Your posts.

Want to see your "behavior" post, Shugart? Come on, punk. Call my hand, tough guy. Go ahead.

Jerry Shugart

Yes, you are, habitual liar, as you examine fellow members of the boc's, "behavior," in assessing whether they are saved

It is not difficult to know who is saved and who is not because those who are saved and spiritually alive can understand what the Lord Jesus said in the following verses to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life"
(Jn.6:47).​

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
(Jn.6:63).​

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die"
(Jn.11:25-26).​

Everyone who is saved and is spiritually alive understands that the Lord Jesus is telling the Jews who lived under the law that "believing" and believing alone results in all of those spiritual blessings.

But even after being shown these verses numerous times you still insist that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works.

You cannot understand spiritual things and therefore you remain a natural man:

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Cor.2:14).​

Jerry Shugart

Jerry does seem to have a strong streak of Lordship Salvation running through his mind, ...

It is you who says that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved from works, not me. I asked you your interpretation of the meaning of the word " whatsoever" in the following verse:

Here is your answer:

He spoke those words in the context of the Kingdom. That makes a huge difference. That you don't realize it proves you're not as dispensational as you think -- you equate "saved" under Paul's gospel with "saved" under the covenant program. They're not the same kind of salvation.

Please tell me how the word "saved" as used in the following passage which applies to the Jews is different from the way that it is used under Paul's gospel:

"But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins" (Mt.1:20-21).​

Now back to the verse I quoted to you earlier:

How is that "everlasting" or "eternal" life different from the eternal life of which Paul spoke about and the Apostle John spoke about here to the Jews?:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son" (1 Jn.5:11).​

But you've already been told that a dozen times. So how about telling us how a member of Christ's very Body -- fully forgiven and justified from all things -- can also need to persevere unto the end to be saved (Matt 24:13), since you evidently believe "saved" always means the same thing.

Do believers today, Jerry, need to persevere unto the end to be saved? Yes or no.

The words you quoted at Matthew 24:13 are speaking about "physical" life, not "eternal life." The Jews who lived under the law enjoyed eternal security just as we do. For instance, I have already shown that the Jewish believers already possessed eternal life (1 Jn.5:11) and here is what the Lord Jesus said about those to whom He gives eternal life:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (Jn.10:28).​

He also said the following to the Jews who lived under the law:

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out" (Jn.6:37).​

He also said the following to those who lived under the law:

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die"

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
It is not difficult to know who is saved and who is not because those who are saved and spiritually alive can understand what the Lord Jesus said in the following verses to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life"
(Jn.6:47).​

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
(Jn.6:63).​

Everyone who is saved and is spiritually alive understands that the Lord Jesus is telling the Jews who lived under the law that "believing" and believing alone results in all of those spiritual blessings.

But even after being shown these verses numerous times you still insist that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works.

You cannot understand spiritual things and therefore you remain a natural man:

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Cor.2:14).​

You side stepped, back tracked, "Hail Mary"ed.

It is not difficult to know who is saved and who is not ...

You make that assessment, based upon "behavior," as I spelled out.

Want to see your "behavior" post, Shugart? Come on, punk. Call my hand, tough guy. Go ahead.

You won't. You need to fold, Shugart, as you have "Deuce/Seven," in Texas Hold'em/Fold'Em.

Now, do you want to see your post, or not? I am giving you an opportunity, to "save face," as I use to be a negotiator.

You underestimate me.You are, habitual liar, as you examine fellow members of the boc's, "behavior," in assessing whether they are saved.

Want to see your post, Roman?

john w

Hall of Fame

Tell us fruit inspector Jer, about how we should behave? In comparison to you, your behavior? Go ahead, "devout" Catholic,and as musty pegged, "Lordship 'salvation'" proponent. Tell all of us that you sometimes come short in your behavior, but, you must be saved, and I/others are not, as you are a "cleaner" rat, in comparison to others, in the "behaviour" standard. Go ahead and tell us the "gold standard" in behavior, Jer. Unpack it for us. Go ahead.

Watch the non response, sound bytes, cliches, in "response." Watch...