ECT Israel as sheep

john w

Hall of Fame
Israel as sheep

"And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." John 10:16 KJV

This is a reference to Israel, the sheep of the dispersion, and is a reference to the re-uniting of the northern kingdom, Israel(10 tribes), and and the southern kingdoms, Samaria(the tribes of Joseph and Ephraim). The Jews were always referred to as sheep.

"Israel is a scattered sheep..." Jeremiah 50:17 KJV

"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young." Isaiah 40:11 KJV

"Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?' Isaiah 63:11 KJV

"Thou hast given us like sheep appointed for meat; and hast scattered us among the heathen." Psalms 44:11 KJV

"But made his own people to go forth like sheep, and guided them in the wilderness like a flock." Psalms 78:52 KJV

"So we thy people and sheep of thy pasture will give thee thanks for ever: we will shew forth thy praise to all generations." Psalms 79:13 KJV

"Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, thou that leadest Joseph like a flock; thou that dwellest between the cherubims, shine forth." Psalms 80:1 KJV

"For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,.." Psalms 95:7 KJV

"Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD. Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD. And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase. " Jeremiah 23:1-3 KJV

"And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the LORD. Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that they shall no more say, The LORD liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt; But, The LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land." Jeremiah 23:1-8 KJV

"For thus saith the LORD; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations: publish ye, praise ye, and say, O LORD, save thy people, the remnant of Israel. Behold, I will bring them from the north country, and gather them from the coasts of the earth, and with them the blind and the lame, the woman with child and her that travaileth with child together: a great company shall return thither. They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn. Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock. For the LORD hath redeemed Jacob, and ransomed him from the hand of him that was stronger than he. Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, and shall flow together to the goodness of the LORD, for wheat, and for wine, and for oil, and for the young of the flock and of the herd: and their soul shall be as a watered garden; and they shall not sorrow any more at all." Jeremiah 31:7-12 KJV

"In those days, and in that time, saith the LORD, the children of Israel shall come, they and the children of Judah together, going and weeping: they shall go, and seek the LORD their God. They shall ask the way to Zion with their faces thitherward, saying, Come, and let us join ourselves to the LORD in a perpetual covenant that shall not be forgotten. My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their resting place. All that found them have devoured them: and their adversaries said, We offend not, because they have sinned against the LORD, the habitation of justice, even the LORD, the hope of their fathers." Jeremiah 50:4-7 KJV

"Israel is a scattered sheep; the lions have driven him away: first the king of Assyria hath devoured him; and last this Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon hath broken his bones. Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will punish the king of Babylon and his land, as I have punished the king of Assyria. And I will bring Israel again to his habitation, and he shall feed on Carmel and Bashan, and his soul shall be satisfied upon mount Ephraim and Gilead." Jeremiah 50:17-19 KJV

"The Lord GOD, which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him." Is. 56:8 KJV

"For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out. As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.......Therefore will I save my flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between cattle and cattle. And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd. And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it. And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods." Ezekiel 34:11-12 KJV, Ezekiel 34:22-25 KJV

"The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying, Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and for all the house of Israel his companions(Benjamin and Levi-my comment): And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand. And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these? Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all." Ezekiel 37:15-22 KJV

"Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones. And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God." Zechariah 13:7-9 KJV

"These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Matthew 10:5-6 KJV

"Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." Luke 12:32 KJV

"But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Matthew 15:24 KJV

"Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant." Hebrews 13:20 KJV

"For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls." 1 Peter 2:25 KJV

And who is the "ye" Peter is writing to? The dispersia-Jews, never Gentiles:

"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia..." 1 Peter 1:1 KJV

"The land shall not be sold for ever: for the land is mine, for ye are strangers and sojourners with me." Leviticus 25:23 KJV

(continued)

john w

Hall of Fame
Prophecy/warning of this dispersia:

"The LORD shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies: thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth." Deuteronomy. 28:25 KJV

"Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?" John 7:35 KJV =Jews dispersed abroad among the Gentile nations.

Acts 1:2 KJV-Jews-no Gentiles

"And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James. These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren. And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)..." Acts 1:13-15 KJV-Jews, no Gentiles

"And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place." This is the same "they" of Acts 1:26 KJV-Jews-no Gentiles.

Pentecost was a JEWISH Feast. You HAD TO BE JEWISH to participate in this obligation. A Gentile could only be included if he was a proselyte.

"And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven...." Acts 2:5 KJV Jews-no Gentiles

"Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God." Acts 2:9-11 =the dispersia of Jews scattered abroad. Pentecost was one of the feasts mandated by the Law of Moses(the other being Passover and Tabernacles), where every every male JEW had to attend in Jerusalem. This explains why the big crowd! This was a mandatory JEWISH feast day=NO GENTILES ALLOWED!

Peter, as late as Acts 10:28 KJV, would have no company with any Gentile:

"And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean..."

This was part of the Law of Moses-JEWS were to be SEPARATE from the heathen nations=GENTILES. Hence, the meaning of a"holy" nation=separated by the LORD God for service to be the vessel,or channel of God to reveal the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob to the heathen nations:

" Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel. " Ex. 19:5-6 KJV

"And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them. But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people. Leviticus. 20:23-24 KJV =SEPARATION=HOLINESS

"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth." Deuteronomy 7:6 KJV, Deuteronomy 14:2 KJV, Deuteronomy 26:18-19 KJV

Acts 2:38 KJV "every one of you" ARE JEWS,

Peter addressed:

"ye men of Judea" 2:14 JEWS mandated to come to Jerusalem for Pentecost
"ye men of Israel" 2:22 " " "
"men and brethren" 2:29 """

Peter would not be "caught dead" associating with a Gentile-he is referring to his fellow Jews:

"let all the house of Israel" 2:36

Acts 2:39 KJV
"For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call."

"O LORD, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee." Daniel 9:7 KJV =JEWS

This promise is a reference to the COVENANTS promised to the JEWS all throughout the OT. Gentiles had no covenant promises:

"Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises..." Romans 9:4 KJV

"Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers..." Romans 15:8 KJV

The circumcision were Jews. The fathers were Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. And Romans 15:8 KJV explains:

AGAIN:
"These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Matthew 10:5-6 KJV

"But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Matthew 15:24 KJV

"afar off" is a reference to the dispersia scattered abroad: JEWS

"O LORD, righteousness belongeth unto thee, but unto us confusion of faces, as at this day; to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and unto all Israel, that are near, and that are far off, through all the countries whither thou hast driven them, because of their trespass that they have trespassed against thee." Daniel 9:7 KJV

The Gentile condition:

"That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world..." Ephesians 2:12 KJV

The Holy Bible never refers to unsaved Gentiles as sheep. Many, who refuse to rightly divide this word of truth, teach that when Gentiles are saved, they become sheep.

But the Holy Bible says that when Gentiles are saved, they become joint-heirs along with saved Israelites in a joint-body, which is called the body of Christ per Ephesians 3:6 KJV.

And Galatians 3:28 KJV states that “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.”

Together, saved Jews and Gentiles are “One New Man”, heirs with the Lord Jesus Christ, in a joint body..

The “one flock” of John 10:16 KJV cannot be the “one new man” of Ephesians 2:15 KJV.

Again, the “one new man” of Ephesians 2:15 is called a “joint-body” in Ephesians 3:6 KJV of no distinction..

The Old Testament knew absolutely nothing of the joint body, despite spins to the contrary, put forth in protest.

Many believers will dogmatically oppose calling saved Gentiles “spiritual Israel”, but are not opposed to calling them “spiritual sheep” based on Acts 20:28 KJV. But the Lord Jesus Christ was not speaking of the “church of the Mystery” when He spoke of the "one flock” in John 10, or when the LORD God spoke of Israel as His scattered sheep. The Acts 20:28 KJV passage is an isolated, lone passage, its intent being a spiritual application,but it does not convey, in this dispensation, that the body of Christ, saved individuals, are "scattered, lost" sheep. The Holy Bible never refers to saved Gentiles as sheep. Read the cited, overwhelming, preponderance of evidence, and the context. And survey.....

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me." Matthew 25:31-36 KJV

-Those judged will be the nations. The Jews will not be there at that judgment, for thy are "...not to be reckoned among the nations"(Numbers 23:9 KJV). "The" church(whichever) will not be there, for it bears no relation to the Lord Jesus Christ as "the Son of Man"(this title is used exclusively as it relates to judgment, and taking dominion on earth,) because it will not come into judgment at all(.John 5:24 KJV, Romans 8:1 KJV...........................................................................................................................)

-the place is before "the throne of his glory", which on earth, not "in the third heaven":

"And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them." Ezekiel 39:21

Heathen in heaven? Not in "the third heaven." The kingdom of heaven upon the earth.

"For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land........Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O LORD. Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.." Joel 3:1-2, Joel 3:11-12 KJV

"Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it. For the indignation of the LORD is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter." Isaiah 34:2 KJV

-The ground of this judgment is not even righteousness, much less holiness; it is not the ground of faith, or grace. And as to works, it is not even "good works" generally, but, as such, but only one specific work, viz., how these nations, the heathen treated "the brethren" of the Judge, the Son of Man,i.e., the Jews, per Matthew 25:35-40 KJV. This can only refer to those nations who were ALIVE to stand before that Judge, and which have thus treated or maltreated "my brethren", i.e., His brethren. And notice that there is not one word about RESURRECTION in this passage, as there is in the "Great White Throne" judgment.

-The reward is specific: it is entrance into "...the kingdom prepared for you(the JEWS-my note)from the foundation of the world..."(Matthew 25:34 KJV).

Only mental gymnastics can "square" this with this being the body of Christ, i.e., -how the church, which is his body, "in Christ"... before the foundation of the world..."(Ephesians 1:4 KJV), can enter the kingdom" is a problem, and those who make it must spiritualize simple words.

This kingdom is under the whole heaven(Psalms 115:16 KJV), upon the earth(Deuteronomy 11:21 KJV) and before the 1000 year millennium when the Son of Man will appear with His holy angels "to execute judgment .....in the land"=on earth(Jeremiah 23:5 KJV, Jeremiah 33:15 KJV):

"And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him." Jude 14-15 KJV

"cometh" to where? EARTH=where the Lord Jesus Christ will establish his literal throne in Jerusalem.

"And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man." John 5:27 KJV

However, even this judgment is not total, nor final, for,after 1000 years, Satan will be loosed for a season, in order to demonstrate, that, despite "the perfect environment", as was the condition in the garden of Eden, in spite of all the evidences of the glory and goodness of the LORD God demonstrated in His millennial reign, man is a rebel at heart, or, to use an idiom, "he is what he is." And thus, so much for "the social gospel", and "dominion theology"-trying to "fix this place up", then man will change, he will "evolve"(evolution!) upward. No, man has a "heart problem", which only the gospel of Christ can rectify/cure.

vs. "The Great White Throne" Judgment of Revelation 20:11-15 KJV...............................................

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Does Israel have 10, 11, or 12 tribes?
10, 10 and 2 for Judah the southern kingdom
11, 10 and Levi if Levi is not already included
12, all 12 tribes

Jerry Shugart

Together, saved Jews and Gentiles are “One New Man”, heirs with the Lord Jesus Christ, in a joint body..

Yes, and the saved Jews who Paul describes as the "remnant" at Romans 11:5 are one of the two groups who were reconciled unto God in one Body, the Body of Christ:

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby" (Eph.2:13-16).​

Since the Twelve were a part of the remnant of Romans 11:5 then they are members of the Body of Christ.