ECT The Character of God.

tieman55

The Character of God, in the Novel Killing Abel.

Writing a novel where God is a character has its challenges. Perhaps the most challenging aspect is composing words for Him to think and utter. No matter the effort put forth it will almost assuredly fail in some aspects.. In my Novel "Killing Abel" the most important attribute, for me, was to cast God in the image of a wise and loving Father, I hope and I have prayed that I have done that.

In addition to God being a loving Father, He is the Head of the Godhead. In my Novel God has several colloquies between His Spirit and His Son. To keep the three Characters distinct, as I believe they are, I created parameters for those exchanges. In doing so, I developed my personal view of the Trinity, which rings plausible to me and perhaps others.

Killing Abel's Trinity Parameters;

A: The conservation of God: Existence, time and God are mutually inclusive, they don't exist separately, they can't be created or destroyed.

B: The past/future and Spirit being(s) are mutually inclusive, none exist alone or without A.

C: The present moment, the Son of God, and life are mutually inclusive, none exist alone or without A.

The Trinity parameters in narrative form.

Eternally existing, God looked back at His existence. When He did He gained wisdom, His wisdom inspired Him to look forward, and He was filled with hope for a future. God's decision to acquire wisdom from the past and His discovery of hope for a future He named His Holy Spirit.

Because His Spirit was eternal it also had free will. Eternity and free will are mutually inclusive. God and His Spirit shared a sense of hope for the unknown future and that gave Them faith in One Another.

Their hope and faith, They called love. This love motivated Them into action. Their love started a never-ending series of free will events they called Life and They named Life the Son of God. Every action had eternal consequences as the actions were irrevocable, as is Life.

In "Killing Abel" as the three Persons of the Godhead interact they do so from those three distinct points of view.

Truster

I have read some drivel in the years since my conversion, but you have managed to excel in the tide of drivel.