ECT WHAT DOES GEN 3:15 MEAN ?

iamaberean

Nope - the sense is that of the particular spiritual outlook fallen man CHOOSES to walk in - just as Adam and Eve CHOSE to disobey God's instruction to them.

Case in point, the Physical but Spiritually disobedient seed of Abraham...

John 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. John 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

Joh 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

When they said they had never been in bondage that proved they were not the children of Jacob, but the children of Esau. Isn't that physical rather than spiritual?
Gen 36:2 Esau took his wives of the daughters of Canaan;
Looks like daughters of Cain to me.

Joh 8:52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
Joh 8:53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
Joh 8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
Joh 8:55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
Joh 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

iamaberean

Put away your ever obvious books based learning - a parable is one of various forms of analogy used in communicating a literal reality.

The field (analogy) is (represents) the (literal) world, and so on...

Heck, even the word "world" there, is a figure of speech meant to communicate a literal reality through a word by how that word is used there - as a figure of speech.

"What world are you from?"

"What's in your wallet?"

"Wake up and smell the coffee."

Each of which is apropos to what I am attempting to point out to you - that you are "off by a country mile" on the actual role of parables, as used in Scripture.

"Get with the program."

And so on...

Rom. 5:6-8.

World as we know it.

What part of the scripture below do you not understand beside 'world'? It seems self explanatory to me.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaberean View Post

Mat_13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
Mat_13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
Mat_13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

Danoh

World as we know it.

What part of the scripture below do you not understand beside 'world'? It seems self explanatory to me.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaberean View Post

Mat_13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
Mat_13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
Mat_13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

Exactly what I said about the intended sense of His use of the word "world" there.

Pay closer attention to another's post, next time.

:D

Romans 5:6-8.

DAN P

I was going to gather the verses that use "heel".
The concordance doesn't give that many verses for the word so it won't be a lot to look at, but may help to see how it used elsewhere.
If I can get to it sometime this evening, I will.
Couldn't hurt.

Hi and you can see the HEEL in the sky as the heavens declare the GLORY OF GOD !!

A good read is the WITNESS OF THE STARS by Bullinger and see and written in 1895 !!

dan p

DAN P

:deadhorse:

Hi and it is E W BULLINGER and he is not the only one that wrote about the mention of the STARS asmin Job 38 and in many of passages !!

There is another writer 's book , called the GOSPEL OF THE STARS !!

dan p

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi and you can see the HEEL in the sky as the heavens declare the GLORY OF GOD !!

A good read is the WITNESS OF THE STARS by Bullinger and see and written in 1895 !!

dan p
I read it several years ago and liked it.