ECT WHAT DOES GEN 3:15 MEAN ?

Danoh

It was wonderful to be with all my family!
Hope your Thanksgiving was pleasant as well.

Well, Cain was a direct descendant of Eve just as Abel was.

But if "seed" is to represent the mindset and not physical descendants, then the "seed" of the woman are those with her mindset instead of her physical descendants.
And the serpent's "seed" would be those with his mindset instead of his physical descendants.
The only two in the verse that their mindset could come from are the woman and the serpent as it is their "seed" (mindset).
No one else's "seed" (mindset) is in the verse.

So which mindset did Cain have ---- the woman's or the serpents?
And which mindset did Abel have --- the woman's or the serpents?

Or let me ask it this way ......
If Christ is the "seed" of the woman, did He have her mindset?
Or is Christ said to be of the seed of the woman because He was a physical descendant of the woman?

Cain clearly TOOK ON an OUTLOOK the serpent would have approved.

In contrast, Able CHOSE TO walk in its opposite.

I am referring to the particular spiritual OUTLOOK the one seed of Adam and Eve would CHOOSE to subscribe to, in contrast to what another of Adam and Eve's seed would.

Case in point, when the Lord told some that they were of their father, the Devil, He was referring to their having turned from the God of their fathers, Abraham, Jacob, and Isaac, to abiding in the lies of the father of lies.

Elsewhere He relates He is aware that Abraham is their father.

But the actual issue is one of each person's CHOSEN outlook and behaviour based on said OUTLOOK.

John 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

The issue is the spiritual outlook, or frame of reference they have allowed themselves to take on and walk in.

Which is also the case with the Believer...

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing OF YOUR MIND, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then WITH THE MIND I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

The issue is one of the particular mind or outlook the individual takes on and goes by.

Both in the lost, and in the saved.

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, THE SPIRIT that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of THE MIND; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

The heart there refers to believing a thing from the very core (or heart) of one's mind.

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do MIND the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Romans 8:6 For TO BE carnally MINDED is death; but TO BE spiritually MINDED is life and peace.

Ephesians 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

That right there refers to the very core of one's mind, or OUTLOOK...

Ephesians 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Thst is referring to the mind or OUTLOOK of the New Man - "which is renewed IN KNOWLEDGE after the image of him that created him" Col. 3:10.

The issue is the particular mind or outlook one takes on - as in "a SPIRIT of disobedience..."

Philippians 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one SPIRIT, with one MIND striving together for the faith of the gospel;

The issue is one's mind or spirit man's outlook.

Cain chose an evil outlook, Able did not.

Its kind of like how we are said to be the children of Abraham - we are not actually his seed, rather, we are viewed by God as being of Abraham's same, decided on, spiritual outlook.

Romans 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Christ's DECIDED ON mind, spirit, or outlook?

Luke 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Perfect example for the Believer regarding a right, desired outlook to seek to go by...

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Regardless of Dispensational Distinctions, 1 Cor. 1:2.

Romans 5:6-8.

Danoh

The answer to this question is simple, but it will take some study on your part to understand. This is required to help you with a paradigm shift. Because of this I will just tell you very simply, using just a few scriptures.

Eve was seduced by the serpent, devil, and the result was Cain.
1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother

Abel, was the son of Adam, but Seth began the linage to Jesus. All during this time frame and to the present day the children of the wicked one has tried to do away with God,s children by killing or taking control of their lives in various ways.

There are many sites on internet to help in your studies.

That is absolute nonsense.

Cain was seduced by his own lust (desires).

James 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

It is giving into that or not that determines who one ends up the child of, in outlook.

The Lord rightly JUDGED his enemies within Israel as being of their father the Devil, even as He noted His being well aware of the fact that they were the children of Abraham.

John 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Of course they were of God, for they were Israelites.

But they had turned from Him.

The distinction is one of the particular outlook they had CHOSEN TO look at things from, and walk in.

Deuteronomy 4:9 Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;

Ending themselves up no better than the Gentiles God had long turned from when they CHOSE TO turn from Him...

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

The equally DECIDED outlook as an escape from that one being...

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

Because Romans 5:6-8 is for "ALL men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth" 1 Tim. 2:4.

DAN P

I am referring to the particular spiritual OUTLOOK the one seed of Adam and Eve would CHOOSE to subscribe to, in contrast to what another of Adam and Eve's seed would.

Case in point, when the Lord told some that they were of their father, the Devil, He was referring to their having turned from the God of their fathers, Abraham, Jacob, and Isaac, to abiding in the lies of the father of lies.

Elsewhere He relates He is aware that Abraham is their father.

But the actual issue is one of each person's CHOSEN outlook and behaviour based on said OUTLOOK.

John 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

The issue is the spiritual outlook, or frame of reference they have allowed themselves to take on and walk in.

Which is also the case with the Believer...

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing OF YOUR MIND, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then WITH THE MIND I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

The issue is one of the particular mind or outlook the individual takes on and goes by.

Both in the lost, and in the saved.

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, THE SPIRIT that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of THE MIND; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Romans 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

The heart there refers to believing a thing from the very core (or heart) of one's mind.

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do MIND the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Romans 8:6 For TO BE carnally MINDED is death; but TO BE spiritually MINDED is life and peace.

Ephesians 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

That right there refers to the very core of one's mind, or OUTLOOK...

Ephesians 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

Thst is referring to the mind or OUTLOOK of the New Man - "which is renewed IN KNOWLEDGE after the image of him that created him" Col. 3:10.

The issue is the particular mind or outlook one takes on - as in "a SPIRIT of disobedience..."

Philippians 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one SPIRIT, with one MIND striving together for the faith of the gospel;

The issue is one's mind or spirit man's outlook.

Cain chose an evil outlook, Able did not.

Its kind of like how we are said to be the children of Abraham - we are not actually his seed, rather, we are viewed by God as being of Abraham's same, decided on, spiritual outlook.

Romans 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. 4:22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness. 4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Christ's DECIDED ON mind, spirit, or outlook?

Luke 22:42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Perfect example for the Believer regarding a right, desired outlook to seek to go by...

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Regardless of Dispensational Distinctions, 1 Cor. 1:2.

Romans 5:6-8.

Hi Danoh , and the verse that INTRIGUES is verse Gen 3:15 , And I will put ENMITY between THY SEED , and the woman , and BETWEEN THY SEED and HER SEED !!

Who do you say THY SEED MEANS ??

Who do you say HER SEED , MEANS ??

dan p

Danoh

Hi Danoh , and the verse that INTRIGUES is verse Gen 3:15 , And I will put ENMITY between THY SEED , and the woman , and BETWEEN THY SEED and HER SEED !!

dan p

Hey DP, hope you're in the best of health!

And, I've already answered that - more than once, lol

The enmity would be and has been between the spirit of Christ and the spirit of anti-Christ.

In other words, between those who would choose having a heart for God, and those who would choose not to.

In this, each individual would either be a type of Christ or of Anti-Christ - as to their chosen outlook for, or against God.

Though, I'd not be surprised if that does not pass muster with whatever it is you once more think you alone have sorted out, lol.

Rom. 5:6-8.

ttruscott

Hi and the GOOD TARES and the BAD TARES is explained in Matt, leaving no doubt as to it's meaning !!

dan p

Something wrong here, there were no good tares in the parable. You've gotten off somehow...

If there is no doubt as to the meaning of a verse, it is a first. We have yet to achieve the unity of Eph 4: [ 11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up] 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Just hasn't happened within the body yet...

Do you think that the new understanding of HIS revelation John tells us about as found in
the small bible, Rev 10:10 So I took the small scroll from the angel’s hand and ate it; and it was sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned bitter.… that at first he thought solved every problem, (every disunity?), but the implications of that unity were not so appealing in light of the call to be separate from the tares....a dreadful unity?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

dan p
It seems like he is saying that "thy seed" are the ones that turn from GOD, and "her seed" are those that don't turn from GOD.
I'm not sure exactly how he can equate 'those that don't turn from GOD' to her seed.

One thing for sure is that if "seed" is referring to physical descendants then Eve is the mother of all men (mankind).
So if all men are her seed, then the seed of the serpent must be someone other than mankind.
I believe that is the view of iamaberean ----- that Cain was fathered by Satan the serpent and Abel & Seth were fathered by Adam.
The problem I see with that view is that it makes the distinction between Satan's children (seed) and Adam's children (seed) instead of the distinction between Satan's seed and Eve's seed as scripture says (both Cain and Abel are the physical descendants of the woman, so there is no distinction between them per physical seed of the woman).

Another interesting point to consider is whether the two seeds (of the serpent, and of the woman) are just representative of conflict in all ages between the faithful and the unfaithful or if it is referring to two specific entities that will battle --- one that strikes the heel and one that strikes the head.
It might even be beneficial to see how those idioms are used throughout scripture - attacking the head and attacking the heel.
Start by using a concordance to view all the verses that use the word "heel" (there's not that many), and it may provide some insight.

Interesting topic to say the least, and there are many varying views about it.

Danoh

It seems like he is saying that "thy seed" are the ones that turn from GOD, and "her seed" are those that don't turn from GOD.
I'm not sure exactly how he can equate 'those that don't turn from GOD' to her seed.

One thing for sure is that if "seed" is referring to physical descendants then Eve is the mother of all men (mankind).
So if all men are her seed, then the seed of the serpent must be someone other than mankind.
I believe that is the view of iamaberean ----- that Cain was fathered by Satan the serpent and Abel & Seth were fathered by Adam.
The problem I see with that view is that it makes the distinction between Satan's children (seed) and Adam's children (seed) instead of the distinction between Satan's seed and Eve's seed as scripture says (both Cain and Abel are the physical descendants of the woman, so there is no distinction between them per physical seed of the woman).

Another interesting point to consider is whether the two seeds (of the serpent, and of the woman) are just representative of conflict in all ages between the faithful and the unfaithful or if it is referring to two specific entities that will battle --- one that strikes the heel and one that strikes the head.
It might even be beneficial to see how those idioms are used throughout scripture - attacking the head and attacking the heel.
Start by using a concordance to view all the verses that use the word "heel" (there's not that many), and it may provide some insight.

Interesting topic to say the least, and there are many varying views about it.

True, an interesting topic.

In my post to I Am A Berean, I made it obvious I do not hold his view.

For the PHYSICAL seed of the woman (actually, Adam and Eve) is all mankind.

Genesis 5:1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

But what happened in Genesis three was a spiritual issue.

Doesn't matter if it was a physical apple, or a plum, or a pear, or what have you, for example - for the actual issue was a spiritual matter.

Of either a heart attitude towards, or away from God.

Of "Yea, hath God said?"

The father of lies, versus the God of Truth.

That I know of, Satan has no PHYSICAL offspring.

The reference to his seed is spiritual offspring.

People like these characters...

2 Thessalonians 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Notice they brought that on themselves.

Elsewhere Paul describes such as "deceiving and being deceived."

A chosen spirit, or heart attitude of rebellion towards God.

As in...

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Meaning, give a man an inch, and if he is not careful, he'll end himself - by his decisions - at having taken one heck of a mile in the wrong direction.

For...

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth BEFORE destruction, and an haughty spirit BEFORE a fall.

Thus, the need to...

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

This is ever the issue in Scripture - which spiritual seed each individual will choose to become identified with by his or her heart attitude.

Galatians 6:3 For if a man THINK himself to be something, when he is nothing, HE deceiveth HIMSELF.

6:7 BE NOT deceived; God is not mocked: for WHATSOEVER A MAN soweth, that shall he also reap. 6:8 For he that soweth TO HIS FLESH shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Thank God then, for Romans 5:6-8!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In my post to I Am A Berean, I made it obvious I do not hold his view.
I don't either, as far as Satan being the literal physical father of Cain.
That view claims that Satan seduced Eve into having sex with him and Cain was the result, while Abel was conceived through Adam having sex with Eve.
I think there are several flaws in that.
Cain would have been a hybrid (for lack of a better term), akin to the Genesis 6 story of celestial beings (angels) and human women producing offspring in Noah's time.
But I don't think that happened between Satan & Eve because all the celestial beings that had sex with women were locked away in the pit, so Satan was not one that did that ...... yet.
But as scripture says, the last days will be as it was in the days of Noah.
This viewpoint (of Satan having a literal seed in the future) is one view that I do not trash right off the bat
Iv'e seen some fairly good arguments for that view.
Satan who tries to mimic the Godhead will have a seed (son) born from a human woman, mimicking GOD's Son born of a human woman.
And this son is called his (Satan's) image that is to be worshiped (we refer to that being as the future anti-christ) and will direct others to his father, again mimicking GOD's Son who is also called HIS image and was to be worshiped and directed others to His Father.
Some with this veiwpoint even suggest that the woman Satan has a child with will be a Jewish woman that he comes to and deceives as an angel of light.
And some go further with that scenario and say this woman will also be of the tribe of Judah.

Interesting topic indeed!
And it can go in several different directions.
Looking forward to exploring all the viewpoints.

DAN P

Something wrong here, there were no good tares in the parable. You've gotten off somehow...

If there is no doubt as to the meaning of a verse, it is a first. We have yet to achieve the unity of Eph 4: [ 11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up] 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Just hasn't happened within the body yet...

Do you think that the new understanding of HIS revelation John tells us about as found in
the small bible, Rev 10:10 So I took the small scroll from the angel’s hand and ate it; and it was sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned bitter.… that at first he thought solved every problem, (every disunity?), but the implications of that unity were not so appealing in light of the call to be separate from the tares....a dreadful unity?

Hi and I meant GOOD WHEAT in Matt 13:25 , SORRY !!

dan p

glorydaz

Maybe satan's seed is the evil nations. Unbelievers?

Micah 7:16-17 The nations shall see and be confounded at all their might: they shall lay their hand upon their mouth, their ears shall be deaf. 17 They shall lick the dust like a serpent, they shall move out of their holes like worms of the earth: they shall be afraid of the Lord our God, and shall fear because of thee.​

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

I see nothing in the bible speaking about Abel's walk.

Abel was a shepherd, Cain was a farmer.

I reckon that God sent fire down and consumed Abel's offering and left Cain's there.

Cain's envy over that fact turned to hatred and he murdered his brother.(who by the way did nothing to Cain, right or wrong by offering a lamb)

There was a reason God respected Abel's offering and it had nothing to do with Abel's mindset.

God's liking the offering had nothing to do with who offered it. (God is no respecter of persons)

Abel was not Christ.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I tried to keep it simple because most people don't know the bible. They still believe the children's story of eating an apple. If you would like to add to it, please do!
Hmmm.
Well if you are going to insist that the trees were actual persons, then who was the tree of life?
There was no restriction of partaking of the tree of life.
And if you insist that "partaking" of a tree (person) means having sex with them, then do you actually think that means that they should have had sex with that person (the tree of life)?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

dan p
Give your analysis of it, Dan.

Danoh

Consider that in Scripture, these things do not appear a one size fits all kind of an answer.

For example, elsewhere in Scripture, the woman is Israel, her seed is the children of that Nation, and the Serpent's seed is an apostate given over to him.

Elsewhere still, her seed is Christ.

Sort of like, how in Isaiah, for example, the name Israel goes back and forth between at times referring to the Nation itself, other times, to Christ.

And so on...

Danoh

I see nothing in the bible speaking about Abel's walk.

Abel was a shepherd, Cain was a farmer.

I reckon that God sent fire down and consumed Abel's offering and left Cain's there.

Cain's envy over that fact turned to hatred and he murdered his brother.(who by the way did nothing to Cain, right or wrong by offering a lamb)

There was a reason God respected Abel's offering and it had nothing to do with Abel's mindset.

God's liking the offering had nothing to do with who offered it. (God is no respecter of persons)

Abel was not Christ.

ROTFL - I see you have yet to recover from your ever seeming "just crawled now out of bed."

Hebrews 11 describes what - example after example of various individual's walk of faith.

Hebrews 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Now, go back to bed, get your full eight hours, and try again.

:D

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Consider that in Scripture, these things do not appear a one size fits all kind of an answer.

For example, elsewhere in Scripture, the woman is Israel, her seed is the children of that Nation, and the Serpent's seed is an apostate given over to him.

Elsewhere still, her seed is Christ.

Sort of like, how in Isaiah, for example, the name Israel goes back and forth between at times referring to the Nation itself, other times, to Christ.

And so on...

I get that there can be differing conclusion based on which you go by - physical and spiritual.
But the "seed" for both in Gen 3:15 imply that the same basis be used for both.
Either it is physical for both or spiritual for both, or ..... both physical & spiritual is for both.
What I don't think we can do is apply only the physical to one and only the spiritual to the other because that would make the contrast apples and oranges and not the same for both.
So if we go the spiritual route, then it should apply to both.
And if we go the physical route, then it should apply to both.
Either way you go needs to apply to both.

DAN P

Hi Tambora , there must be many beliefs about Gen 3:15 !!

And I will put ENMITY between thee ( the serpent ) and between thy SEED and HER SEED !!

#1 Many believe that Gen 3:15 reads as is !!

#2 And BETWEEN THEE , means the SERPENT SEED !!

#3 , And between HER SEED or EVE'S SEED !!

#4 SEED TO THE GAP THEORY , means that the SERPENT impregnated EVE !!

#5 From verse verse 14 , the SERPENT had LEGS !!

#6 Some say that the Hebrew word SEED / ZERA can also be translated , CARNALLY , SEMEN VIRILE , OFFSPRING , and CHILDREN !!

#7 There are 3 verbs , SHIYTH , and SHUWPH TWICE in the IMPERFECT which means it happened and then STOPPED !!

#8 And it STOPPED when Christ flooded the world and killed , what many were GIANTS , in Gen 4-7 !!

Just putting it out there and many believe this , called the GAP THEORY !!

dan p

ttruscott

IF we take Matt 13:36-39 at face value then it would not matter where the seed is placed but who sowed it there. Christ sows the sinful people of the kingdom where HE will to build His garden and the devil sows his people of the evil one where GOD allows him to do so for the edification of the sinful good seed about their idolatry of the evil ones. In this way BOTH his (the Serpent's) seed and her (Eve's) seed can be conceived into the same family by the same human mother and father. It is the spiritual father that is in concept here, not the human father....children of GOD or of the Devil: as 1 John 3:10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: ​ sinful good seed or sinful evil tares.

Danoh

I get that there can be differing conclusion based on which you go by - physical and spiritual.
But the "seed" for both in Gen 3:15 imply that the same basis be used for both.
Either it is physical for both or spiritual for both, or ..... both physical & spiritual is for both.
What I don't think we can do is apply only the physical to one and only the spiritual to the other because that would make the contrast apples and oranges and not the same for both.
So if we go the spiritual route, then it should apply to both.
And if we go the physical route, then it should apply to both.
Either way you go needs to apply to both.

It's pretty obvious, Tam, that the Lord's enemies in the following are the physical seed of Abraham, but the spiritual seed of the Devil.

John 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Spiritual in the sense of not physical.

He was telling them that they were of their father the Devil, spiritually.

Not physically, but spiritually.

In other words, in the Devil's same heart attitude (spirit) or mind, towards God, and the things of God. Thus, their behavior towards Him.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi Tambora , there must be many beliefs about Gen 3:15 !!

And I will put ENMITY between thee ( the serpent ) and between thy SEED and HER SEED !!

#1 Many believe that Gen 3:15 reads as is !!

#2 And BETWEEN THEE , means the SERPENT SEED !!

#3 , And between HER SEED or EVE'S SEED !!

#4 SEED TO THE GAP THEORY , means that the SERPENT impregnated EVE !!

#5 From verse verse 14 , the SERPENT had LEGS !!

#6 Some say that the Hebrew word SEED / ZERA can also be translated , CARNALLY , SEMEN VIRILE , OFFSPRING , and CHILDREN !!

#7 There are 3 verbs , SHIYTH , and SHUWPH TWICE in the IMPERFECT which means it happened and then STOPPED !!

#8 And it STOPPED when Christ flooded the world and killed , what many were GIANTS , in Gen 4-7 !!

Just putting it out there and many believe this , called the GAP THEORY !!

dan p
You keep shortening Gen 3:15.

Genesis 3:15 KJV
(15) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The enmity is between the serpent and the woman, and also between the serpent's seed and the woman's seed.