ECT Have You Heard? There is Scripture That Proves Two Different Creations!

Rosenritter

You're not understanding what has been said. The two accounts contain minor discrepancies.

The first account has plants created on day 3 and man created on day 6. The second creation account has man created first, then vegetation.

Come again?

Genesis 2:5 KJV
(5) And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Just assuming a "second creation" for the sake of argument, how do you figure that any creation account has man created before vegetation?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 1 has a slightly different accounting as well. Is that three different creations?
Good point.

There are sections of the Bible that are practically word-for-word retellings of stuff that's been said before. Is that what has to be provided for these people to accept what is plainly written?

Rosenritter

I watched a video of professor explaining the God head. He was married to a Jewish woman that had told him that 'their are many gods, but only one Jehovah God'.

When we see LORD God in scripture it is the one and only Jehovah God.

We know what will happen to those other gods, no?

Jeremiah 10:11 KJV
(11) Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.

Rosenritter

I wish you would state your assumptions rather than making us guess at why you have such a different conclusion.

Malachi 4:4-5 KJV
(4) Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
(5) Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

That great and dreadful day of the LORD is described in Revelation with signs and plagues that seem to cover more than twenty four hours. Is that another "contradiction" by your reckoning?

Shubee

Come again?

Genesis 2:5 KJV
(5) And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Try to read whole sentences. Genesis 2:4-5 is much easier to understand that way.

Rosenritter

It is widely agreed that Genesis 2:4 begins a second creation account. You may take that as an axiom.

I have only heard that argument from a strange uncle that also declared that there were other humans before Adam, that black people were from another generation of man other than Adam and Eve, and who had also been diagnosed as a pathological liar. Do you really want to attempt validation from association (which is a logical fallacy regardless?)

Shubee

Malachi 4:4-5 KJV
Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

That great and dreadful day of the LORD is described in Revelation with signs and plagues that seem to cover more than twenty four hours. Is that another "contradiction" by your reckoning?

The book of Revelation presents the world ending with 3 alternative endings. All three possible scenarios update Old Testament eschatology.

Shubee

Again.... come again? Do you mean "alternative ending for an individual?" I can think of only two: life, or death.

Have you never heard of movies with alternative endings? I'm referring to endtime scenarios with alternative endings. Why can't you fathom that?

Rosenritter

Have you never heard of movies with alternative endings? I'm referring to endtime scenarios with alternative endings. Why can't you fathom that?

I recognize your cinematic allusion, but you are referring to an ending of one story of which it contains one or the other of the endings. The Bible doesn't have alternate endings of that sort: the word of prophecy is sure, God will return, the dead will be raised, there will be a judgment. The creation itself has a single purpose and conclusion.

If you want to talk in the theme of alternative endings, then there are alternative endings for each and every individual: specifically, entering into eternal life with God and the Lamb in the holy city come down from heaven; or death and eternal destruction by fire, never to rise again.