ECT The Whore of Babylon & The Mark of the Beast Revealed

Rosenritter

Succinctly.

It seems to be mixing the symbols of "beast" and "woman." It is the mark of a beast (and there are several beasts defined) rather than the mark of a woman. If we are being specific, there is a symbol of a woman riding a beast, but which beast is she riding? But which beast is it that issues a mark?

But regardless of specific application the spiritual principle is more important. Taking a mark is a mark of worship and allegiance (see also Ezekiel 9:4, a mark is not necessarily bad in itself.) If a beast (any beast) is a kingdom of this world, are we pledged to the kingdoms of this world?

Matthew 6:24 KJV
(24) No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

I think the same would apply for kingdoms. Christ's kingdom is not of this world or else would his servants fight.

Right Divider

Body part
Those sabbaths were shadows of things to come. Some of those things have already come (like the Passover and the Pentecost) and some are still yet to come (like Christ's return and his Kingdom.)

Colossians 2:14-17 KJV
(14) Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
(15) And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
(16) Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
(17) Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Romans 14:5-6 KJV
(5) One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
(6) He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Our New Testament scriptures indicate that the Christian is not judged with respect to sabbaths or holy days (or even the foods that we eat.) The ordinances are "blotted out" and believers that esteem the days and those that esteem not are both rendered unto God. There may indeed be sabbaths in a future time that are instituted for memorials... but that has nothing to do with whether God requests modern observances.
This is EXACTLY why the Word of Truth must be rightly divided.

There are no special days for the body of Christ,.... BUT for the children of Israel there is a PERPETUAL weekly Sabbath.

Exod 31:12-18 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:12) ¶ And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, (31:13) Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it [is] a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that [ye] may know that I [am] the LORD that doth sanctify you. (31:14) Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it [is] holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth [any] work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. (31:15) Six days may work be done; but in the seventh [is] the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth [any] work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. (31:16) Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, [for] a perpetual covenant. (31:17) It [is] a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. (31:18) ¶ And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Those two things are completely contradictory. (no special days and a perpetual weekly Sabbath).

Rosenritter

There are no special days for the body of Christ,.... BUT for the children of Israel there is a PERPETUAL weekly Sabbath.

(31:12) ¶ And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, (31:13) Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it [is] a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that [ye] may know that I [am] the LORD that doth sanctify you. (31:14) Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it [is] holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth [any] work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. (31:15) Six days may work be done; but in the seventh [is] the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth [any] work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. (31:16) Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, [for] a perpetual covenant. (31:17) It [is] a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. (31:18) ¶ And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

Those two things are completely contradictory. (no special days and a perpetual weekly Sabbath).

I'm afraid the contradiction is in your application of the term "for ever" as if it meant "without end."

Exodus 21:5-6 KJV
(5) And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:
(6) Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

There's an example of the scope of the word (phrase) in another context. The servant would serve his master "for ever" but he is not still serving his master. "For ever" lasts as long as the applicable context. It doesn't mean without end. Besides, didn't verse 16 (from your citation) say that it was part of a perpetual covenant? That same perpetual covenant which was broken?

Jeremiah 11:10 KJV
(10) They are turned back to the iniquities of their forefathers, which refused to hear my words; and they went after other gods to serve them: the house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken my covenant which I made with their fathers.

Zechariah 11:10 KJV
(10) And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people.

Zechariah 11:13-14 KJV
(13) And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD.
(14) Then I cut asunder mine other staff, even Bands, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel.

Bands murdered the other party covenant. The temple was destroyed. Israel was scattered. The marriage covenant also ends with "until death do us part." Have you read what was involved in that covenant? It was conditional. Do you remember what it promised? (It wasn't eternal life.) And that covenant is over ...

Jeremiah 31:31-33 KJV
(31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
(32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
(33) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

That new covenant he speaks of is fulfilled in Christ. See Hebrews 10:16. It is not like the old covenant, it is not a handwriting of ordinances.

Hebrews 10:15-17 KJV
(15) Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
(16) This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
(17) And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Galatians 3:7-9 KJV
(7) Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
(8) And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
(9) So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Galatians 3:16 KJV
(16) Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

I would point out that in the same chapter where Paul emphasizes that "seed" is singular he also uses "gospel" in the singular and says that this is the gospel preached unto Abraham.

Last edited:
I won't quote a single person, I will just respond.

The 7th Day Sabbath is not a shadow. It was seen in creation week, and refers to creation week, which is the past, so it cannot refer to the future. Hebrews 4:4, & 9 clearly teach the Sabbath is still in effect.

Hebrews 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

Hebrews 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

The original word for rest there is "sabbatismos", which means a keeping Sabbath. The 7th Day Sabbath "remaineth" as is a sign between God and His people. The 7th Day Sabbath is clearly different from the other sabbaths, the yearly ones. The 10 Commandments are separate and different from the "Law of Moses", and if you deny that, explain why they are separate. The 10 Commandments are literally referred to differently than the other laws. Please also explain, why you have a "mock-Sabbath" on Sunday? There is clearly importance to the Sabbath, as the other 9 of the 10 Commandments. And yes, the day does matter, because to keep God's Sabbath means to refer to Him as Creator, resting when He rested. And remember, this isn't the only world that God has created. It makes no sense to have an arbitrary day of worship for us. All creation refers to God as their Creator, and all enjoy the holy Sabbath Day. That same Sabbath will be kept in the new heavens and in the new earth.

Isaiah 66:22-23 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Shubee

The 7th Day Sabbath is not a shadow. It was seen in creation week, and refers to creation week, which is the past, so it cannot refer to the future. Hebrews 4:4, & 9 clearly teach the Sabbath is still in effect.
Why couldn't God create a shadow during creation week and have that shadow continue to exist and still represent something yet to come?

Rosenritter

I won't quote a single person, I will just respond.

You should direct your questions specifically.

The seventh day sabbath is a shadow of things to come specifically of His coming and His kingdom. More on this if you like.

Hebrews 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

Hebrews 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

Man gets their six days (roughly six thousand years) but the seventh day (and millennial reign) is reserved for the LORD.

The original word for rest there is "sabbatismos", which means a keeping Sabbath. The 7th Day Sabbath "remaineth" as is a sign between God and His people. The 7th Day Sabbath is clearly different from the other sabbaths, the yearly ones. The 10 Commandments are separate and different from the "Law of Moses", and if you deny that, explain why they are separate.

I would say that the Ten Commandments were part and parcel of the Law of Moses. Did you mean, "If you deny that, please explain why they are the same?"

The 10 Commandments are literally referred to differently than the other laws. Please also explain, why you have a "mock-Sabbath" on Sunday?

This is an example why you should direct your questions specifically. I don't have a mock-Sabbath on any day. I esteem every day alike.

Romans 14:4-6 KJV
(4) Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
(5) One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
(6) He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

There is clearly importance to the Sabbath, as the other 9 of the 10 Commandments. And yes, the day does matter, because to keep God's Sabbath means to refer to Him as Creator, resting when He rested.

Colossians 2:16-17 KJV
(16) Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Those that observed the seventh day Sabbath (and the other Sabbaths) under the Law of Moses did acknowledge God as their creator, but those that acknowledge Jesus as their LORD and their God also acknowledge God as their creator.

And remember, this isn't the only world that God has created. It makes no sense to have an arbitrary day of worship for us. All creation refers to God as their Creator, and all enjoy the holy Sabbath Day. That same Sabbath will be kept in the new heavens and in the new earth

"This isn't the only world?" Are you basing that off of Hebrews 1:2 and 11:3? There was the world before the flood, there was the world after the flood, and there is the world to come. Or you could say that means the world of men and the world of angels. I wouldn't say there was enough to say "multiple worlds" like alien civilizations on other planets.

Isaiah 66:22-23 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

God has the right to change laws and customs as he wills, such as the prohibition against eating flesh (before the flood) or certain meats (such as for the nation of Israel while it remained a people.) I welcome whatever sabbaths that the Lord institutes in his Kingdom, no matter what in what day of the week or frequency they may be declared. but for this present time those sabbaths (weekly or annually) are not instituted for his people.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

:thumb: Bingo!

Deu 5:15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

Eze 20:12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

Why couldn't God create a shadow during creation week and have that shadow continue to exist and still represent something yet to come?

It's not about what God "could" or "could not" do. It's about what He did do. The Seventh Day Sabbath is a memorial of creation, not something that is a shadow of the crucifixion. This is seen every time you read from the 10 Commandments that God wrote with His own finger, and spake with His own mouth, straight to all of Israel. God related the 7th Day Sabbath to what happened before sin existed on this planet, when He created things. This sign we keep to acknowledge Him as Creator. We of course see the same type of ideas throughout scripture, for example growing food for 6 years, and the 7th year allowing the ground to lay fallow, 6000 years of sin (about, not exact), and then 1000 years of the earth laying fallow with no more sinners alive on it. None of these make the 7th Day Sabbath a shadow, if anything they point to just how much God cares about the six working days, and resting on the 7th day, because He points backwards to that example from creation week.

You should direct your questions specifically.

The seventh day sabbath is a shadow of things to come specifically of His coming and His kingdom. More on this if you like.

Man gets their six days (roughly six thousand years) but the seventh day (and millennial reign) is reserved for the LORD.

I would say that the Ten Commandments were part and parcel of the Law of Moses. Did you mean, "If you deny that, please explain why they are the same?"

This is an example why you should direct your questions specifically. I don't have a mock-Sabbath on any day. I esteem every day alike.

Romans 14:4-6 KJV
(4) Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Colossians 2:16-17 KJV

Those that observed the seventh day Sabbath (and the other Sabbaths) under the Law of Moses did acknowledge God as their creator, but those that acknowledge Jesus as their LORD and their God also acknowledge God as their creator.

"This isn't the only world?" Are you basing that off of Hebrews 1:2 and 11:3? There was the world before the flood, there was the world after the flood, and there is the world to come. Or you could say that means the world of men and the world of angels. I wouldn't say there was enough to say "multiple worlds" like alien civilizations on other planets.

God has the right to change laws and customs as he wills, such as the prohibition against eating flesh (before the flood) or certain meats (such as for the nation of Israel while it remained a people.) I welcome whatever sabbaths that the Lord institutes in his Kingdom, no matter what in what day of the week or frequency they may be declared. but for this present time those sabbaths (weekly or annually) are not instituted for his people.

Have you ever stopped to think why God placed the 7th Day Sabbath in the 10 Commandments, where are other irrevocable commandments, and not classed with the Levitical Sabbaths of Leviticus 23? Does God do anything arbitrarily? Are not His ways higher than our ways? God does not change the moral law, it is as perfect as He is.

Psalms 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

Every single one of the 10 Commandments is eternal, from not murdering, to not stealing, to not committing adultery. You are morally obligated to have God supreme in your life. You are morally obligated not to make any idols, and worship them. You are morally obligated not to take God's name in vain, whether it be spiritually speaking, or literally via using His name vainly in speech.

The 7th Day Sabbath is also a moral, eternal law. You are morally obligated to keep the sign of the covenant between you and God, acknowledging Him as your Creator. Different relationships have different moral obligations. With a friend, one thing, with a spouse another, and with God, another. Your moral obligation to keep the sign of God's covenant is not revoked by either Romans 14, or Colossians 2.

I chose to answer everything in one short answer. I saw people talking about the same subject, so no use quoting everyone again and again, repeating the same stuff again, and again.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
The 7th Day Sabbath is also a moral, eternal law. You are morally obligated to keep the sign of the covenant between you and God, acknowledging Him as your Creator. Different relationships have different moral obligations. With a friend, one thing, with a spouse another, and with God, another. Your moral obligation to keep the sign of God's covenant is not revoked by either Romans 14, or Colossians 2.
God dedicated a new covenant to acknowledge Him as our Creator. The sign of the new covenant is not in sabbath keeping, but in Mass, celebrating the Eucharist, the Lord's table. Celebrated every Sunday, not in remembrance of the creation, but of His Son's resurrection from the dead.

Right Divider

Body part
God dedicated a new covenant to acknowledge Him as our Creator. The sign of the new covenant is not in sabbath keeping, but in Mass, celebrating the Eucharist, the Lord's table. Celebrated every Sunday, not in remembrance of the creation, but of His Son's resurrection from the dead.
That is religion and NOT Bible.

Rosenritter

It's not about what God "could" or "could not" do. It's about what He did do. The Seventh Day Sabbath is a memorial of creation, not something that is a shadow of the crucifixion.

How did you jump to a conclusion that the Sabbath was (interpreted by anyone) as a shadow of the crucifixion? The Passover was the shadow of the crucifixion, not any of the sabbaths.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You don't think that Communion is in the Bible? :liberals:

This is called moving the goalposts.

That is religion and NOT Bible.

RD was talking about your claim that A) God dedicated a new covenenant B) to acknowledge Him as our Creator, C) that the sign of the new covenant is not in Sabbath keeping, D) but in Mass/Eucharist/the Lord's Table, E) Celebrating every Sunday.

That's called religion.

Or, as Christ calls it... Vain repetition.

And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words. - Matthew 6:7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew6:7&version=NKJV

Rosenritter

Have you ever stopped to think why God placed the 7th Day Sabbath in the 10 Commandments, where are other irrevocable commandments, and not classed with the Levitical Sabbaths of Leviticus 23? Does God do anything arbitrarily? Are not His ways higher than our ways? God does not change the moral law, it is as perfect as He is.

Are the "Ten Commandments" really irrevocable commandments? The scripture shows us that those Ten Commandments are either revocable or subservient to a higher law.

Example one: "Thou shalt not kill" vs. "Thou shalt kill"

Exodus 20:13 KJV
(13) Thou shalt not kill.

1 Samuel 15:33 KJV
(33) And Samuel said, As thy sword hath made women childless, so shall thy mother be childless among women. And Samuel hewed Agag in pieces before the LORD in Gilgal.

Example Two: "Thou shalt not make any graven image" vs. "Thou shalt make a graven image"

Exodus 20:4 KJV
(4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Numbers 21:8-9 KJV
(8) And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.
(9) And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

There you have at least two cases demonstrating that there was law that superseded those specific commandments. They were not "eternal" or "immutable" ... even though the law they reflect and were based on is eternal and immutable.

Every single one of the 10 Commandments is eternal, from not murdering, to not stealing, to not committing adultery. You are morally obligated to have God supreme in your life. You are morally obligated not to make any idols, and worship them. You are morally obligated not to take God's name in vain, whether it be spiritually speaking, or literally via using His name vainly in speech.

If the "Ten Commandments" were eternal, then why do they lack establishment before Moses?" And why would they be declared only to Israel? Scripture also has an answer here. The "Ten Commandments" are not an eternal law, they are a based upon (and a reflection) of the fulfillment of that law, namely "Love God" and "Love thy Neighbor."

Thus, when God commanded that someone must be killed, "Love God" meant that we must first obey God and took precedence even over the commandment which had been specifically given to them. When God declared "make thee an image of a serpent" again "Love God" overrules the commandment forbidding the making of graven images.

The 7th Day Sabbath is also a moral, eternal law. You are morally obligated to keep the sign of the covenant between you and God, acknowledging Him as your Creator.

The seventh day Sabbath (and all of the sabbaths) are part of a covenant made with Israel which was brought out of Egypt, and their children. I was never a party to that covenant, nor would I be eligible to participate in the promises of that covenant (such as inheriting the land of Canaan.)

Does the seventh day sabbath reflect a higher law? It reflects "love God" as in that we would do whatever God asks of us. The objective of the law is to remember the LORD, not the service of the day itself. The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath. Oxen may still be rescued from ditches, and the priests may profane the sabbath in service of the temple or the LORD of the Sabbath.

Example Three:

Matthew 12:5-8 KJV
(5) Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
(6) But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.
(7) But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.
(8) For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

There you have a third instance where the commandment of the LORD replaces one of those ten commandments. Commandments 3, 4, and 6 are not eternal and immutable; they are still subject to God to suspend or redefine as He pleases.

Different relationships have different moral obligations. With a friend, one thing, with a spouse another, and with God, another. Your moral obligation to keep the sign of God's covenant is not revoked by either Romans 14, or Colossians 2.

Do you discount Romans 14 and Colossians 2 specifically? Or do you disregard the New Testament as being applicable or inspired? You haven't explained your reasoning.

I chose to answer everything in one short answer. I saw people talking about the same subject, so no use quoting everyone again and again, repeating the same stuff again, and again.

Would you consider the questions I brought forth here? And one more question:

If God were to give you a new commandment (or commandments) would you be willing to obey that commandment (or commandments?) Why or why not? Thanks.