ECT All Things the 'Catechism of the Catholic Church'

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Text 11, 'Catechism of the Catholic Church' ('CCC')

This catechism aims at presenting an organic synthesis of the essential and fundamental contents of Catholic doctrine, as regards both faith and morals, in the light of the Second Vatican Council and the whole of the Church's Tradition.

Text 12, ibid

This work is intended primarily for those responsible for catechesis: first of all the bishops, as teachers of the faith and pastors of the Church. It is offered to them as an instrument in fulfilling their responsibility of teaching the People of God.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Text 11, 'Catechism of the Catholic Church' ('CCC')

This catechism aims at presenting an organic synthesis of the essential and fundamental contents of Catholic doctrine, as regards both faith and morals, in the light of the Second Vatican Council and the whole of the Church's Tradition.

Text 12, ibid

This work is intended primarily for those responsible for catechesis: first of all the bishops, as teachers of the faith and pastors of the Church. It is offered to them as an instrument in fulfilling their responsibility of teaching the People of God.

Are you Catholic?

WYRose

BANNED
Banned
Catholics have images of the queen of heaven aka Ishtar.
Catholics who pray to dead Mary are doomed.
No getting away from it.

WYRose

BANNED
Banned
So you accept you are an idolater and cannot think the ramifications through?
I really do find it baffling how so many people on Christian forums ignore what GOD and Jesus say about worshipping idols.

WYRose

BANNED
Banned
If I'm an idolater, I'm an idolater of the Lord Jesus.
I don't worship idols.

You claim to be a catholic. catholics worship idols of ishtar and tammauz. catholic churches are full of idols. Jesus is not to be worshipped. Your friend Satan knew Jesus was not GOD when he tempted him to bow down to him.
But never mind, in a little while you'll learn the truth.

Idolater

You claim to be a catholic.
Yep.
catholics worship idols of ishtar and tammauz.
Nope.
catholic churches are full of idols.
Nope.
Jesus is not to be worshipped.
Yes He is---what is wrong with you.
Your friend Satan knew Jesus was not GOD when he tempted him to bow down to him.
Oh. You're an idiot unitarian. That explains . . . some of this.

WYRose

BANNED
Banned
Paul spoke about people like you who cannot face the truth:
2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Idolater

Paul spoke about people like you who cannot face the truth:
2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
I'm rubber and you're glue. lol.

Idolater

So now you resort to sneering rather than checking the Bible daily to ascertain the truth of your idolatry?
No. What I meant was:

You will not endure sound doctrine; but after your own lusts you heap to yourself teachers, having itching ears; and you turn away your ears from the truth, and you have turned unto fables.

Paul was writing about you. The Bible here---the passage you quoted unironically to me---refers to you.

WYRose

BANNED
Banned
trust a pagan catholic to call a Fundamental Christian an idiot?
what is it you don't understand about: do not make idols and do not speak to them?

God's Truth

You claim to be a catholic. catholics worship idols of ishtar and tammauz. catholic churches are full of idols. Jesus is not to be worshipped. Your friend Satan knew Jesus was not GOD when he tempted him to bow down to him.

People bowed down to Jesus.

Jesus is worshiped

Matthew 2:2 - "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east, and have come to worship Him."

Matthew 2:8 He sent them to Bethlehem and said, “Go and search carefully for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him.”

Matthew 2:11 - "And they came into the house and saw the Child with Mary His mother; and they fell down and worshiped Him; and opening their treasures they presented to Him gifts of gold and frankincense and myrrh."

Matthew 14:33 - "And those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, "You are certainly God’s Son!"

Matthew 28:9 - "And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him."

John 9:35-38 - "Jesus heard that they had put him out; and finding him, He said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?" 36 He answered and said, "And who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?" 37 Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him, and He is the one who is talking with you." 38 And he said, "Lord, I believe." And he worshiped Him."

Hebrews 1:6 - "And when He again brings the first-born into the world, He says, 'And let all the angels of God worship Him.'"

Luke 17:16 He threw himself at Jesus' feet and thanked him--and he was a Samaritan.

We are to ONLY WORSHIP GOD.

Now read this:

Luke 4:8 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'"

Revelation 19:10 At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "Don't do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For it is the Spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus."

No one in the Bible was ever commanded not to worship Jesus. We are told to worship God alone. Jesus WAS WORSHIPED. Jesus is God. I gave scripture where people threw themselves at Jesus' feet.

The Catholics bow to Mary and other "Saints" and priests. That is sin.

God's Truth

WYRose

It is never ever a sin to worship Jesus. How can you miss that? It is a sin to bow and pray to any man or woman, or angel.

Catholics even bow to statues and pictures and relics and dead bodies.

It is is a sin to do that, and a sin not to worship Jesus. You say you don't worship Jesus.