ECT Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heir

TOL Subscriber
"By what means were you saved?" I was called through the sanctifying work of the Spirit for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling with his blood(1Pet1:2). Grace and peace was given to me from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ(Rom1:7).
I was given faith to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. I was included in Christ when I heard the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation(Eph1:13) So, I was saved through God's calling me.
I am among those who have been called who are loved by God the Father and kept by the Lord Jesus Christ(Jude 1).
Where's the word of truth, the gospel of YOUR salvation in all of that? Peter didn't preach it, so...what is it?

john w

Hall of Fame
Pleased that you know,'Tithing, child baptism, saved by works.' are all made up spin!

What a mess...

1. Matthew-John, at least prior to the dbr, is Old Covenant.

Mark 16 KJV
14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Cast out devils.

Speak to us in tongues; specifically, speak to me in Russian.

Pick up a few poisonous snakes, get bit, and tell us about it.

Drink some antifreeze, and chase it with a Natty Light.

Go down to your local hospital, and cure a few people.....

All of us honest people, on this issue, thought so.

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
"Loving Jesus" saves no one, has saved no one, wolfie.

Only a deluded dispy would misconstrue that statement.

And show some respect to the Saviour-it is the Lord Jesus Christ;only His enemies referred to Him as "Jesus," His name in humiliation, while he walked the earth. Memorize 2 Corinthians 5:16 KJV.

To one's own master they stand or fall.

Get you some business, Peter.

John 21:21

“Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?”

By your reckoning John was Jesus' enemy for calling him Jesus.
After the resurrection no less.

john w

Hall of Fame
Get you some business, Peter.

John 21:21

“Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?”

By your reckoning John was Jesus' enemy for calling him Jesus.
After the resurrection no less.

What a mess.....boozed up.

No, moron, his followers, on earth, never referred to him as "Jesus;" "Master," "Lord"(as above), yes-but never "Jesus." Only His enemies, such as yourself, did, showing disrespect.

You're so stoned, you cannot even read your own post.Peter referred to Him as "Lord."

And the writers referring to Him as "Jesus," were, in context, idiot, merely describing Him, from a historical perspective. Of course, that is way over your head, you not being in my league; therefore, take your seat.

Can you dig it? Good.

john w

Hall of Fame
Only a deluded dispy would misconstrue that statement.

How long did it take for you to GOOG that "deluded dispy" zinger? Weighty.

Only a lost person, such as yourself, who merely reads about the bible, not studying its details, and instead digs studying his/her Domino's menu, would assert that "Loving Jesus" saves.

Wrong.

Pay attention, wolf. The basis of a person's just, righteous standing, in front of a holy(the #1 attribute of the LORD God in the bible-not His love-survey the book of Isiah) LORD GOD, is not how much we "love" him, or how much He loves us. The basis: His grace, as it is written:

Ephesians 2 KJV
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 not of works, lest any man should boast.

The LORD God cannot, will not, "love" anyone into the third heaven. His love is one of His motivations-not the basis/grounds. He had to do something about the sin/sins issue; and He did, sending the Lord Jesus Christ to die in our place, as the satisfactory sin offering(propitiation), through the identification principle, and dying for our sins(plural), forgiving us of all trespasses, through the substitution principle.

Again....

Phrases such as "I love Jesus...give your heart to Jesus" may sound very romantic, but we are not saved by "falling in love with Jesus"-we are saved on the basis of grace, as a result of believing in the Lord Jesus Christ's finished work at Calvary and His resurrection 3 days later. Giving one's heart, life(commitment) is an activity of service to the Lord, and and, as such, service and dedication is something the LORD appeals to believers to do(Romans 12:1-2, for eg.). But this is service from those who have become his own. The biblical order is sonship, then service. Service, then sonship is a work-based performance system, as typified by the Roman Catholic Church, and "perverts the gospel of Christ"(Gal. 1:7). Statements such as " ...I believe salvation is a journey; it is not a moment in time" reflect this mindset and false doctrine. Sanctification is a journey, but justification is not. Justification is a "moment in time" declaration of righteousness based on the merits of the Lord Jesus Christ.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
What a mess.....boozed up.

No, moron, his followers, on earth, never referred to him as "Jesus;" "Master," "Lord"(as above), yes-but never "Jesus." Only His enemies, such as yourself, did, showing disrespect.

You're so stoned, you cannot even read your own post. Peter referred to Him as "Lord."

That's why I likened ya to Peter, motor mouth. :doh:
I reckon his mamma and brothers called him by his name.

BoyStan

Believing that He is Who He says He is, is not going to save you. Without the shedding of blood...

True,but it is not the shedding of my blood or any other blood. Rather it is the blood of Christ shed upon the cross once for all that obtained my eternal redemption(Heb9:12).

BoyStan

'Where's the word of truth, the gospel of YOUR salvation in all of that? Peter didn't preach it, so...what is it?'

Peter was preaching to God's elect(1Pet1:1).
I am one of God's elect(1Pet2:9).

ZacharyB

I confess with my whole heart that 'Jesus is Lord'.
IMO, the best answer is: "Jesus Christ was born in the flesh."
This was a secret Christian code back in Roman times,
which meant only to Christians that "God was born in the flesh".
The blue was NOT proclaiming to the secular world that you were a Christian.

Last edited:

ZacharyB

These 2 verses have been brought to my attention recently …

“Repent of your wickedness and pray to the Lord.
Perhaps he will forgive your evil thoughts (i.e. sins).”
(Acts 8:22, NLT)

“Dear friends, if we deliberately continue sinning
after we have received knowledge of the truth,
there is no longer any sacrifice that will cover
these sins” (Hebrews 10:26, NLT)

heir

TOL Subscriber
'Where's the word of truth, the gospel of YOUR salvation in all of that? Peter didn't preach it, so...what is it?'

Peter was preaching to God's elect(1Pet1:1).
I am one of God's elect(1Pet2:9).
Peter did not preach the gospel of your salvation as the power of God! It was by revelation to and through Paul (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) and was before that was kept secret (Romans 16:25-26 KJV) and Paul tells us why (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). Peter didn't even know the Lord would die (let alone for anyone's sins) and when he heard that the Lord would be delivered and suffer, his reaction was what?

Matthew 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

You are looking to the wrong apostle who preached an entirely different gospel to another people (Acts 2:22 KJV, Acts 2:36 KJV.

You will find the word of truth, the gospel of YOUR salvation declared by our apostle (Romans 11:13 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-2 KJV) in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. When did you trust the Lord and His faith alone as the means of your salvation (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV, Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)?

heir

TOL Subscriber
These 2 verses have been brought to my attention recently …

“Repent of your wickedness and pray to the Lord.
Perhaps he will forgive your evil thoughts (i.e. sins).”
(Acts 8:22, NLT)

“Dear friends, if we deliberately continue sinning
after we have received knowledge of the truth,
there is no longer any sacrifice that will cover
these sins” (Hebrews 10:26, NLT)
slaughtered corrupted words

Not our gospel. Israel looks forward to the blotting out of their sins (Acts 3:19-21 KJV) while we, in the dispensation of the grace of God look back to the cross (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV having now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV).

BoyStan

'Peter didn't even know the Lord would die (let alone for anyone's sins) and when he heard that the Lord would be delivered and suffer, his reaction was what?'

Peter before Christ died and rose (Mt16:22) was different on the day of Pentecost.
Peter proclaimed the gospel before Paul was even converted (Acts2:38-41).
In fact while Paul was persecuting the saints unto prison and death!

heir

TOL Subscriber
'Peter didn't even know the Lord would die (let alone for anyone's sins) and when he heard that the Lord would be delivered and suffer, his reaction was what?'

Peter before Christ died and rose (Mt16:22) was different on the day of Pentecost.
Peter proclaimed the gospel before Paul was even converted (Acts2:38-41).
In fact while Paul was persecuting the saints unto prison and death!
Nope. Peter preached the gospel of the circumcision to all the house of Israel at Pentecost (a Jewish holy day). But since you say Peter preached "the gospel" (as if there is only one in the Bible) please show us all where Peter preached the good news that "Christ died for our sins". We'll wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.