ECT WHY IS ADAM LEFT OUT LEFT OUT OF HEB 11 ??

DAN P

Hi to all and Heb 11:4 begins with Abel and leaves out ADAM !!

Why ?

DID Adam not have faith ?

What say you ??

dan p

beloved57

I dont know why Adam is left out of Heb 11 but I believe he had Faith. The reason is because of what he said about eve his wife right here Gen 3:20

And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Why ?

What say you ??

dan p
Sounds like an argument from silence.

But speculation is fine. I reckon he was not among God's favourites.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

DAN P

I dont know why Adam is left out of Heb 11 but I believe he had Faith. The reason is because of what he said about eve his wife right here Gen 3:20

And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Hi and just one thing I will say now is that Adam and Eve's creation were unique as Eve was created from part of Adam's bone and then we can truly say Eve was bone of Adam's bone as no one can say that today !!

Let's see if there will be a good answer as to why Adam was LEFT OT OF HEB 11 ??

dan p

beloved57

Hi and just one thing I will say now is that Adam and Eve's creation were unique as Eve was created from part of Adam's bone and then we can truly say Eve was bone of Adam's bone as no one can say that today !!

Let's see if there will be a good answer as to why Adam was LEFT OT OF HEB 11 ??

dan p
Since Eve was the mother of all living i believe Adam was the Father of all living.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Cross Reference

Since Eve was the mother of all living i believe Adam was the Father of all living.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

"All living"?? You have been declaring all are dead, reprobates in need of Jesus/God doing it all. What gives? Beginning to see the light, eh?

DAN P

Sounds like an argument from silence.

But speculation is fine. I reckon he was not among God's favourites.

Hi and a little bit from silence , so read Gen 3:21 has many answers so read carefully !!

Maybe the FAITHER knows ??

dan p

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi and a little bit from silence , so read Gen 3:21 has many answers so read carefully !!

Maybe the FAITHER knows ??

dan p
I read carefully. Didn't find any answers. It would help if I knew the questions. :eek:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

Why ?

What say you ??

dan p
Adam and Eve did not have faith, they didn't need it. They walked and talked with God in the Garden so they had first hand knowledge that God is real.

Last edited:

MennoSota

Why ?

What say you ??

dan p
God left Adam out because God chose to leave him out. Did God mention Amos, Obadiah or Haggai? Were they not faithful because God left them out? Of course not.
There is no issue to be discussed.

DAN P

I read carefully. Didn't find any answers. It would help if I knew the questions. :eek:

Hi STRIPE and here is how I see it !!

The MAIN reason that Adam is not mentioned in Heb 11:1-3 is because Adam walked with Christ in the garden !!

#1 , Adam walked by SIGHT and not by FAITH !!

#2, In Gen 3:21 , Christ killed and gave both COATS to cover them which speaks of ATONEMENT and to COVER there sins , a type of the Law of Moses !

#3, This is the first times that a blood sacrifice instituted for man and woman as Eve was bone of HIS bone of Adam which is unique and has not happened again and is the CLOSES as one can get with your wife !!

That is why I believe that Adam ate of the FRUIT , when he knew it was not the right thing to do !!

The question was WHY WAS ADAM NOT MENTIONED IN HEBREWS 11 ??

dan p

glorydaz

Hi STRIPE and here is how I see it !!

The MAIN reason that Adam is not mentioned in Heb 11:1-3 is because Adam walked with Christ in the garden !!

#1 , Adam walked by SIGHT and not by FAITH !!

#2, In Gen 3:21 , Christ killed and gave both COATS to cover them which speaks of ATONEMENT and to COVER there sins , a type of the Law of Moses !

#3, This is the first times that a blood sacrifice instituted for man and woman as Eve was bone of HIS bone of Adam which is unique and has not happened again and is the CLOSES as one can get with your wife !!

That is why I believe that Adam ate of the FRUIT , when he knew it was not the right thing to do !!

The question was WHY WAS ADAM NOT MENTIONED IN HEBREWS 11 ??

dan p

I don't think Adam was saved by faith. Abel was the first.

Cross Reference

I don't think Adam was saved by faith. Abel was the first.

Neither could either be saved.

I trust that by this chapter all can see that the writer never even suggests the righteousness mentioned is self righteousness but that righteous men were those who believed God and ordered up their lives to always please Him. They prayed they would continually find favor with Him....and they did. cf Gen. 26:4 KJV.

Hello dazed. What was required for human redemption/restoration/reconcilaton with God was the sacrifice/offering of sinless human blood. So when "faithful" Abel died where did his soul go? He would have been the very first of Adam's race to experience the whatever/wherever of the afterlife. Where could he only go since the wages of Adam's sin was death; the soul [Adam] that sins, dies. and that penalty was past on to us all. Obviously you will have to define what is meant by "death"? . . . what is meant by life which made redemption necessary?

Last edited:

DAN P

Hi and what do you believe that Adan nor Eve were not saved ??

My case is that Christ made coats from slain animal that covered them , thus signifying ATONEMENT and that means their SINS would be paid for when Christ died , and Heb 9:15 is the proof !!

dan p

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Probably because his actions did not warrant a place. :idunno:

I think you have hit on it. Heb. 11 speaks of, not all who were saved by faith but, remarkable examples of feats done by regular men and women who struggled with life but, by faith, "attained a good report". I believe this is done for our encouragement.

I am more surprised that Job is not on the list than Adam.

Cross Reference

I think you have hit on it. Heb. 11 speaks of, not all who were saved by faith but, remarkable examples of feats done by regular men and women who struggled with life but, by faith, "attained a good report". I believe this is done for our encouragement.

I am more surprised that Job is not on the list than Adam.

More often than not Job, the oldest book of the Bible, is rendered to be tale. Some say written by Solomon.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
More often than not Job, the oldest book of the Bible, is rendered to be tale. Some say written by Solomon.

I guess I should have been more specific.

I meant to point out that the list of heros includes those who made a big splash in their times. They made headlines. Job's case was more personal and contained.

Adam's big splash was mainly negative. If He repented, and I think he must have, it would have been personal.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
WHY IS ADAM LEFT OUT LEFT OUT OF HEB 11 ??

Adam was replaced.

Hebrews 11 is about persons who were commended for their faith.

What did Adam do by faith?

"The first man was of the earth, made of dust, the second Man is the Lord from heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man." (1 Corinthians 15:47-49)

Cross Reference

I guess I should have been more specific.

I meant to point out that the list of heros includes those who made a big splash in their times. They made headlines. Job's case was more personal and contained.

Adam's big splash was mainly negative. If He repented, and I think he must have, it would have been personal.

Aren't they all recorded to impress/encourage us? . . and maybe especially Job? Or perhaps I am not undersstanding the "why" of your question.

It might also be pointed out that all were carnal.