ECT Who is the antichrist? Characteristics of the antichrist.

eleos

From Daniel 7 - antichrist needs to meet all these characteristics.

1. It arose out of the fourth beast. - Daniel 7:7-8
2. It came up among the ten horns. - Daniel 7:8
3. It came up after the ten horns had been established. - Daniel 7:7-8
4. It was to uproot three horns. - Daniel 7:8
5. It was to be greater than the others. - Daniel 7:20
6. It was to be different than the others.- Daniel 7:24
7. It was to have eyes like the eyes of a man and speak great words against God. - Daniel 7:8,25
8. It was to make war on God's saints. - Daniel 7:21
9. It would think to change times and laws. - Daniel 7:25
10.The saints were to be handed over to it for a time and times and half a time.- Daniel 7:25
11. It shall devour the whole earth. - Daniel 7:23
12. It shall reign until the Ancient of Days comes. - Daniel 7:21-22
13. Its dominion will be taken away. - Daniel 7:26

genuineoriginal

From Daniel 7 - antichrist needs to meet all these characteristics.

1. It arose out of the fourth beast. - Daniel 7:7-8
2. It came up among the ten horns. - Daniel 7:8
3. It came up after the ten horns had been established. - Daniel 7:7-8
4. It was to uproot three horns. - Daniel 7:8
5. It was to be greater than the others. - Daniel 7:20
6. It was to be different than the others.- Daniel 7:24
7. It was to have eyes like the eyes of a man and speak great words against God. - Daniel 7:8,25
8. It was to make war on God's saints. - Daniel 7:21
9. It would think to change times and laws. - Daniel 7:25
10.The saints were to be handed over to it for a time and times and half a time.- Daniel 7:25
11. It shall devour the whole earth. - Daniel 7:23
12. It shall reign until the Ancient of Days comes. - Daniel 7:21-22
13. Its dominion will be taken away. - Daniel 7:26

You are conflating the fourth beast of Daniel 7 with the first beast of Revelation 13.
The first beast of Revelation 13 is described as an amalgam of the four beasts of Daniel 7.

Revelation 13:2
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.​

The time of the four beasts of Daniel 7 has come and gone.

eleos

John’s vision in Revelation 13 builds on Daniel 7’s description of the little horn Antichrist power by showing us that Rome incorporates components of the lion, the bear, the leopard, and the terrible ten-horned beast.

These are the four beasts from Daniel’s vision, and are symbols of the kingdoms of Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Rome.

genuineoriginal

John’s vision in Revelation 13 builds on Daniel 7’s description of the little horn Antichrist power by showing us that Rome incorporates components of the lion, the bear, the leopard, and the terrible ten-horned beast.

These are the four beasts from Daniel’s vision, and are symbols of the kingdoms of Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Rome.
Daniel's vision was about four empires: Babylon (lion), Medo-Persia (bear), Greece (leopard), and Rome (the fourth beast).
John's vision in Revelation 13 was about two new beast empires, and Rome is neither of them.

eleos

Nah .... the Muslim Madhi does not fit all the criteria or descriptions as outlined in Daniel and Revelation

WatchmanOnTheWall

Nah .... the Muslim Madhi does not fit all the criteria or descriptions as outlined in Daniel and Revelation

Revelation 20:4
I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been BEHEADED because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had NOT worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 13:15
The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who REFUSED to worship the image to be KILLED.

It's coming:

ShowImage.ashx

eleos

Beheadings have been going on in history for a very long time. Go read about the dark ages (much more so than of recent history). And yes, those who were and will be beheaded for holding fast unto the Lord are the souls under the altar ... however ... using "today's" beheadings as being prophecy predicted as the Muslim Madhi does not fit ALL the criteria or descriptions as outlined in Daniel and Revelation.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Rev
18The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.

Rev
8Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified.

The Woman riding the beast (The Anti-Christ) is Jerusalem.

When the Jews rebuild their third temple they will select a new High Priest to rule over it. At this point Israel will once again become a fully fledged Theocracy again, just as it used to be and so the high priest will rule over Jerusalem & Israel too. By this time Israel will also be the most powerful nation on Earth just as Jesus said:

Luke 21
29He told them this parable: “Look at the fig tree and all the trees. 30When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. 31Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.

The high priest will be saying the Jewish messiah is about to come (and being very Jewish he will also say that Jesus is most defiantly not the messiah) As such he will be falsely prophesying; A false prophet.

The most powerful man in the world, the Jewish high priest, falsely prophesying against Jesus.

He will be the false prophet of Revelation.

Over the 7 year tribulation he will be forced to work with the Muslim Mahdi Anti-Christ but they will hate each other:

Revelation 17:16
The beast and the ten horns you saw (The Anti-Christ) will hate the prostitute (The false prophet). They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire.

eleos

13:11-15 The next beast in the vision comes up “out of the earth: and is described as having “two horns like a lamb. This beast represents the United States of America. Here are five clues which help us to accurately determine its identity:
1. It comes to power around 1798 as the Papacy is going into captivity and receiving its deadly wound. At that time the United States was just “coming up” as a youthful nation. The United States declared its independence on July 4, 1776, and by 1790 all thirteen colonies had ratified the constitution. This nation was quickly drawn into world politics and today is a world superpower.
2. The “sea” represents “multitudes and nations.” Revelation 17:15. The beasts that arise from the sea usually do so amid the strife of war. By contrast, this one comes “out of the earth," representing a relatively peaceful emergence in a comparatively unpopulated area. This is exactly the manner in which The United States came to power.
3. This beast with “two horns like a lamb” represents a nation of youth, innocence and gentleness, which is based on the two great principles of civil and religious liberty (“for where the spirit of the Lord is there is liberty” 2 Corinthians 3:17). At its inception, the United States had the strength of its form of government, and of its people’s religion. Republicanism and Protestantism were the fundamental principles of the nation. These principles are the secret of its power and prosperity. It is strong because the government and the church are separate, without one controlling the other.
4. It is noteworthy that this beast lacks any crowns. The United States of America is a grand experiment in government that serves its people rather than enslaving them, and in religion that allows freedom of conscience and expression. It is a country that has government without a king and religion without a pope.

eleos

Temple will not be rebuilt in Jerusalem. Although many orthodox Jews are trying to work to that end. This is because they do not "recognize" the first coming of Jesus as Messiah.

Acts 17:24

"The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands;

Hebrews 9:24

For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;

Hebrews 9:11

But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation;

Hebrews 8:2

a minister in the sanctuary and in the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, not man.

Hebrews 8:5

who serve a copy and shadow of the heavenly things, just as Moses was warned by God when he was about to erect the tabernacle; for, "SEE," He says, "THAT YOU MAKE all things ACCORDING TO THE PATTERN WHICH WAS SHOWN YOU ON THE MOUNTAIN."

Psalm 11:4

The LORD is in His holy temple; the LORD'S throne is in heaven; His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men.

Habakkuk 2:20

"But the LORD is in His holy temple Let all the earth be silent before Him."

Revelation 11:19

And the temple of God which is in heaven was opened; and the ark of His covenant appeared in His temple, and there were flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder and an earthquake and a great hailstorm.

2 Samuel 22:7

"In my distress I called upon the LORD, Yes, I cried to my God; And from His temple He heard my voice, And my cry for help came into His ears.

Psalm 18:6

In my distress I called upon the LORD, And cried to my God for help; He heard my voice out of His temple, And my cry for help before Him came into His ears.

Isaiah 66:1

Thus says the LORD, "Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool Where then is a house you could build for Me? And where is a place that I may rest?

Revelation 15:5

After these things I looked, and the temple of the tabernacle of testimony in heaven was opened,

Revelation 21:22

I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Micah 1:2

Hear, O peoples, all of you; Listen, O earth and all it contains, And let the Lord GOD be a witness against you, The Lord from His holy temple.

Isaiah 2:2

Now it will come about that In the last days The mountain of the house of the LORD Will be established as the chief of the mountains, And will be raised above the hills; And all the nations will stream to it.

Micah 4:1

And it will come about in the last days That the mountain of the house of the LORD Will be established as the chief of the mountains It will be raised above the hills, And the peoples will stream to it.

Jonah 2:7

"While I was fainting away, I remembered the LORD, And my prayer came to You, Into Your holy temple.

Revelation 7:15

"For this reason, they are before the throne of God; and they serve Him day and night in His temple; and He who sits on the throne will spread His tabernacle over them.

Revelation 14:15

And another angel came out of the temple, crying out with a loud voice to Him who sat on the cloud, "Put in your sickle and reap, for the hour to reap has come, because the harvest of the earth is ripe."

Revelation 14:17

And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, and he also had a sharp sickle.

Revelation 15:6

and the seven angels who had the seven plagues came out of the temple, clothed in linen, clean and bright, and girded around their chests with golden sashes.

Revelation 16:1

Then I heard a loud voice from the temple, saying to the seven angels, "Go and pour out on the earth the seven bowls of the wrath of God."

Revelation 16:17

Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl upon the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple from the throne, saying, "It is done."

eleos

Jesus is our High Priest in the Temple in Heaven. Jesus was the final sacrifice "once and for all".

Psalm 110:4

The LORD has sworn and will not change His mind, "You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek."

Hebrews 5:6
Verse Concepts
just as He says also in another passage, "YOU ARE A PRIEST FOREVER ACCORDING TO THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK."

Hebrews 6:20

where Jesus has entered as a forerunner for us, having become a high priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 7:15

And this is clearer still, if another priest arises according to the likeness of Melchizedek,

Hebrews 7:11

Now if perfection was through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the people received the Law), what further need was there for another priest to arise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be designated according to the order of Aaron?

Hebrews 7:23

The former priests, on the one hand, existed in greater numbers because they were prevented by death from continuing,

Hebrews 7:26

For it was fitting for us to have such a high priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners and exalted above the heavens;

Hebrews 7:27

who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.

Hebrews 9:14

how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Hebrews 2:17

Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.

Hebrews 9:12

and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

Hebrews 4:14

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession.

Hebrews 10:12

but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD,

Hebrews 2:18

For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted.

Hebrews 4:15

For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 7:25

Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

Hebrews 9:24

For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;

Acts 3:26

"For you first, God raised up His Servant and sent Him to bless you by turning every one of you from your wicked ways."

Zechariah 6:13

"Yes, it is He who will build the temple of the LORD, and He who will bear the honor and sit and rule on His throne Thus, He will be a priest on His throne, and the counsel of peace will be between the two offices."'

Bradley D

There are antichrists among us today. They infiltrate the church and must be watched for.

"The world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God remains forever. Children, it is the last hour; and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they did not belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. But their departure made it clear that none of them belonged to us.…" (1 John 2-17-19)