ECT Choosing To Be Chosen

Danoh

The following is a study on that title's subject from a neither a Calvinist, nor an Armenian perspective.

The issue of...

Does God choose us?

Do we choose Him?

Or is their some other dynamic involved?

Also in this study, how this issue was studied out, and thus, why the conclusions arrived at were arrived at, is made obvious...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJFffU1cI7w&app=desktop

Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

DAN P

The following is a study on that title's subject from a neither a Calvinist, nor an Armenian perspective.

The issue of...

Does God choose us?

Do we choose Him?

Also in this study, how this issue was studied out, and thus, why the conclusions arrived at were arrived at, is made obvious...

Hi and a no brain-er , as in 1 Tim 1:9 and Eph 1:4 !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and a no brain-er , as in 1 Tim 1:9 and Eph 1:4 !!

dan p

1 - So you hold their same (Grace School of the Bible) view on Eph. 1:4? I could have sworn your view tended to lean a bit towards Calvinism...

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

2 - Also, what is this connection you are seeing between Eph. 1:4 and...

1 Timothy 1: 9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Thanks

Rom. 5:6-8 - in each our stead.

God's Truth

The issue of...

Does God choose us?

Do we choose Him?

God chooses those who search for Him.

Cross Reference

The issue of...

Does God choose us?

Do we choose Him?

The other "dynamic" is one's desire to know Him otherwise his believing for salvation from hell might be all he desires it to be about. Unfortunately, today's church is mostly on that level of understanding; that level of desire..

DAN P

1 - So you hold their same (Grace School of the Bible) view on Eph. 1:4? I could have sworn your view tended to lean a bit towards Calvinism...

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

1 Timothy 1: 9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Thanks

Hi , I do believe that there are 3 schools that teach dispensationalism , in Oregon , and in St Louis and in GBC and sorry to disappoint you , I do not believe in Calvinism !!

Be back to explain Eph 1:4 !!

dan p

DAN P

Thanks

Hi and Eph 1:4 says , that He chose us before Gen 1:1 !!

Paul uses the Greek word BEFORE / PRO the OVER THROW / KATABOLE of ( the ) world !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and Eph 1:4 says , that He chose us before Gen 1:1 !!

Paul uses the Greek word BEFORE / PRO the OVER THROW / KATABOLE of ( the ) world !!

dan p

You haven't really said anything there that does not appear to contradict your at times Calvinist like assertions.

Rom. 5: 6-8.

DAN P

You haven't really said anything there that does not appear to contradict your at times Calvinist like assertions.

Hi and what do you say that , Eph 1:4 is saying and where is the Calvinism leans ??

dan p

Danoh

Hi and what do you say that , Eph 1:4 is saying and where is the Calvinism leans ??

dan p

My understanding of that and also, how I studied it out, is basically the same as the last ten minutes of that video study in my OP.

No sense in rewriting it, where I can find someone else has already either written it out or said basically the same thing.

See if those ten minutes make sense or not, or whatever, and we can go from there.

Thanks

Cross Reference

The problem with Pastor Jordan's message is that it is about salvation being from something when in Christ and not "unto something" when being In Him. In other words, I know what I am saved from now speak to me about the "unto what part"?

The message you have posted is simply about being born again [election] without "counting the cost". There is a cost involved, you do know that, right?

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Here, written to those who have counted the cost, born again, indwelt by the Holy Spirit per John 20:22 [KJV], "elect", Christians:

"The Truest Life of All

All things are of God.

“Be ye therefore followers”—of good principles? Of holiness? Of the life Jesus lived on earth? No! “Be ye therefore followers of God.” “Be ye therefore perfect, as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.” God by sanctification creates us into the image of His Son. Do we choose to walk in the light of that life? Never make excuses, never turn to the right hand nor to the left. Keep the life concentrated on this marvellous gift of God, “Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us . . . sanctification.”

In Heavenly Places

"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places, in Christ Jesus". Ephesians 2:6

Sanctification is the impartation to us [NOT imputation] of the holy qualities of Jesus Christ. It is His patience, His love, His holiness, His faith, His purity, His godliness that are manifested in and through every sanctified soul. The presentation that God by sanctification plants within us His Spirit, and then setting Jesus Christ before us says—“There is your Example, follow Him and I will help you, but you must do your best to follow Him and do what He did,” is an error. It is not true to experience, and, thank God, it is not true to the wonderful Gospel of the grace of God. The mystery of sanctification is “Christ in you, the hope of glory.” “That which hath been made was life in Him” (rv mg), that is, Jesus Christ can create in us the image of God even as it was in Himself."

cf "My little children, of whom I travail in birth again *"UNTIL" Christ be formed in you," Galatians 4:19 (KJV)

[Gal 4:19 KV, added emphasis] [*Operative word by Paul]

Chambers, O. (1965). Our brilliant heritage. London: Marshall, Morgan & Scott.

Danoh

The problem with Pastor Jordan's message is that it is about salvation being from something when in Christ and not "unto something" when being In Him. In other words, I know what I am saved from now speak to me about the "unto what part"?

The message you have posted is simply about being born again [election] without "counting the cost". There is a cost involved, you do know that, right?

:chuckle:

You appear to have listened to, or read some other content.

And at one point, he even summarizes a large part of both what he has been talking about and will continue to be talking throughout that video study, with the words "So Romans lays out and teaches how God equips us through the Crosswork of Christ to be members of the Body of Christ and live in time on planet Earth for His glory. Ephesians then says 'Now, let's build on that - let me explain to you WHY He created the Body of Christ - He's got this plan from Eternity Past that He's going to accomplish in Eternity Future, out of this material He's making Believers today: This agency the Body of Christ..."

He then continues to go into God's purpose for His glory in and through the Body of Christ, and the Believer's role in that, and how that works.

That video study's very title implies it is more about CHOOSING TO walk by faith IN that Identity that IN Christ that God has CHOSEN FOR...members OF the Body of Christ to walk IN.

That study is about choosing to BE chosen.

About choosing to walk IN Christ, once one is IN Him; what that is all about; its intended impact in Eternity; how that works in the HERE and NOW; how it is tapped into in the Here and Now; and so on.

Amusing...the people commenting so far, who have obviously not even watched that short study. :chuckle:

At the same time, that is each your loss, for as is usually the case within many of his studies: he went over things in great detail as how all that work. And that particular study is more about the INTENDED victory of the Cross BEYOND the victory OF the Cross, and how that is accessed and walked in, by faith.

All of which begins in Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead. :thumb:

Cross Reference

You appear to have listened to, or read some other content.

And at one point, he even summarizes a large part of both what he has been talking about and will continue to be talking throughout that video study, with the words "So Romans lays out and teaches how God equips us through the Crosswork of Christ to be members of the Body of Christ and live in time on planet Earth for His glory. Ephesians then says 'Now, let's build on that - let me explain to you WHY He created the Body of Christ - He's got this plan from Eternity Past that He's going to accomplish in Eternity Future, out of this material He's making Believers today: This agency the Body of Christ..."

He then continues to go into God's purpose for His glory in and through the Body of Christ, and the Believer's role in that, and how that works.

That video study's very title implies it is more about CHOOSING TO walk by faith IN that Identity that IN Christ that God has CHOSEN FOR...members OF the Body of Christ to walk IN.

That study is about choosing to BE chosen.

About choosing to walk IN Christ, once one is IN Him; what that is all about; its intended impact in Eternity; how that works in the HERE and NOW; how it is tapped into in the Here and Now; and so on.

Amusing...the people commenting so far, who have obviously not even watched that short study. :chuckle:

At the same time, that is each your loss, for as is usually the case within many of his studies: he went over things in great detail as how all that work. And that particular study is more about the INTENDED victory of the Cross BEYOND the victory OF the Cross, and how that is accessed and walked in, by faith.

You said, just the last ten minites I found a little difficult to follow.

To me, he tried hard to explain what I already know; what my reply intended to convey.

Do my posts #11 and #12 make sense to you?

Danoh

You said, just the last ten minites I found a little difficult to follow.

To me, he tried hard to explain what I already know; what my reply intended to convey.

Do my posts #11 and #12 make sense to you?

I posted that about the last 10 minutes in a reply to DanP.

As for my reply to the rest of what you said there - read my reply to AMR's reported 10 minute miracle. :chuckle:

Should that also chase you out of here, that is fine - Rom. 5: 6-8 still applies - in each our stead. :thumb:

Cross Reference

I posted that about the last 10 minutes in a reply to DanP.

As for my reply to the rest of what you said there - read my reply to AMR's reported 10 minute miracle. :chuckle:

Should that also chase you out of here, that is fine - Rom. 5: 6-8 still applies - in each our stead. :thumb:

I am not looking to be chased anywhere but to ask serious questions and I am not interested in what AMR has to say.. . I want understanding from you. The "why" of your refusal to give it is now becoming a question. Are yu a "sessionist"? Do you know what the term means? Is your Pastor Jordan a sessionist?

beloved57

The issue of...

Does God choose us?

Do we choose Him?

Lol, he butchered the word of God, in my opinion hes a false teacher !

Danoh

I am not looking to be chased anywhere but to ask serious questions and I am not interested in what AMR has to say.. . I want understanding from you. The "why" of your refusal to give it is now becoming a question. Are yu a "sessionist"? Do you know what the term means? Is your Pastor Jordan a sessionist?

He is not my pastor.

And no one is attempting to chase you anywhere.

That is on you.

Rather, if you are going to post on a thread where certain assertions have been opened with or where a link to those where those assertions were made has been posted, it would behoove anyone commenting on it to at least hear out what it is they are going to comment on.

That is called give and take.

Case - in - said...Three-Fold...point...

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that...

1- they received the word with all readiness of mind, and...

2 - searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12...

3 - Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

What all have been offering thus far, instead, has been nothing more than...

Acts 17:13 But when the Jews of Thessalonica had knowledge that the word of God was preached of Paul at Berea, they came thither also, and stirred up the people.

At the same time...personally, may the thread die out, if that is going to be the continued pattern of each participant, thus far.

I for one, will be fine with that. :)

Why?

Because Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead - is the only reality that will have mattered in the end - to HIS Glory ALONE. :thumb: