ECT WHAT DOES HAB 2:4 AND ROM 1:17 MEAN ??

DAN P

Hi to all and Hab 2:4 reads , The just shall live by his faith !!

Eom 1:17 reads The just shall live by FAITH !!

Is there a difference ??

Hab 2:4 says that he shall live by his FAITH , and what does that mean ??

His FAITH was min the LAW of Moses and it's 613 Laws that governed Israel and all Jews !!

In Rom 1:17 it says that , THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH !!

The first verb is REVEALED / APOKALPTO and is in the Greek PRESENT YTENSE and their fore places Rom 1:17 in the Dispensation of the Grace of God !!

The next verb is IT IS WRITTEN / GRAPHO and is in the Greek perfect tense , and means it is FOREVER written and IS a FACT !!

The last verb is SHALL LIVE / DIKAIOS and is in the FUTURE TENSE and the reason for this is , because it began with Paul UNTIL NOW and is a FACT !!

We have then seen that FAITH / PISTIS has many meaning , like , ASSURANCE , BELIEF , THEM THAT BELIEVE , CONVICTION , TO BE RELIED ON and we know that the FAITH in the dispensation of Grace is a GIFT as written in Eph 2:8 and no one only gets that gift when Christ OPENS the HEART as in Acts 16:14 and in Acts 9:6 !!

dan p

glorydaz

Hi to all and Hab 2:4 reads , The just shall live by his faith !!

Eom 1:17 reads The just shall live by FAITH !!

Is there a difference ??

Hab 2:4 says that he shall live by his FAITH , and what does that mean ??

His FAITH was min the LAW of Moses and it's 613 Laws that governed Israel and all Jews !!

In Rom 1:17 it says that , THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH !!

The first verb is REVEALED / APOKALPTO and is in the Greek PRESENT YTENSE and their fore places Rom 1:17 in the Dispensation of the Grace of God !!

The next verb is IT IS WRITTEN / GRAPHO and is in the Greek perfect tense , and means it is FOREVER written and IS a FACT !!

The last verb is SHALL LIVE / DIKAIOS and is in the FUTURE TENSE and the reason for this is , because it began with Paul UNTIL NOW and is a FACT !!

We have then seen that FAITH / PISTIS has many meaning , like , ASSURANCE , BELIEF , THEM THAT BELIEVE , CONVICTION , TO BE RELIED ON and we know that the FAITH in the dispensation of Grace is a GIFT as written in Eph 2:8 and no one only gets that gift when Christ OPENS the HEART as in Acts 16:14 and in Acts 9:6 !!

dan p

I'm glad you brought this up, Dan.

I see two faiths here.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.​

The faith of Jesus Christ (which we live by) Gal. 2:20KJV, and our faith in Jesus Christ (faith in His blood).

Danoh

I see two faiths here.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.​

The faith of Jesus Christ (which we live by) Gal. 2:20KJV, and our faith in Jesus Christ (faith in His blood).

And yet you and such as STP, and heir, and so on, continue to fail to realize (for whatever reason you each do) that Paul is reminding PETER about that as to BOTH himself AND PETER, there, in Galatians 2:16.

Galatians 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? 2:15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

There is a whole lot in Scripture about this that your group within Mid-Acts has obviously failed to grasp, or read right past, or whatever.

And no, I am not attacking you, nor being divisive; I am merely pointing this out.

Rom. 5:8; 14:5.

glorydaz

And yet you and such as STP, and heir, and so on, continue to fail to realize (for whatever reason you each do) that Paul is reminding PETER about that as to BOTH himself AND PETER, there, in Galatians 2:16.

Galatians 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? 2:15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. 2:17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

There is a whole lot in Scripture about this that your group within Mid-Acts has obviously failed to grasp, or read right past, or whatever.

And no, I am not attacking you, nor being divisive; I am merely pointing this out.

Rom. 5:8; 14:5.

What you've just written has nothing to do with the point I was making. So, your claim that I've "failed to realize" something that has nothing to do with the point I was making is just silly nonsense.

Danoh

What you've just written has nothing to do with the point I was making. So, your claim that I've "failed to realize" something that has nothing to do with the point I was making is just silly nonsense.

It does.

And these issues very often involve a kind of seeing more than one thing at once.

Unless one has long ended up with a kind of blinders ever over one's eyes, limiting one to see only that which in front of one; in contrast to that, and what is one each side as well.

Which is you - often apparantly only able to see one thing in front of you.

Scripture is a kaleidoscope or prism of colors - most passages each containing a breadth, length depth, height, and so on, all their own that are interconnected with so many other areas, issues, themes, within the whole that is Scripture - not the one horse town you far too often not only turn it into, but insist that others do also, if such are to avoid your fool insistence right away that they are "just being proud."

Rom. 5:8.

Last edited:

DAN P

I see two faiths here.

Hi and when reading Heb 11 we should all see that FAITH in what God gives to all , BRINGS DIFFERENT RESULTS !!

But I believe that Eph 2:8 , this FAITH IS A GIFT from Christ or we would never believe as written in 1 Cor 2:14 !!

Faith is big subject !!

dan p