ECT WHAT DOES PAUL MEAN IN ACTS 13:49 ??

DAN P

Hi to all and And the Word of the Lord was being DIFFERENT through out the whole region !!

#1 , The Greek used in the KJV is PUBLISHED / DISPHERO !

#2 There are many other words that can be used , in Acts 13:49 !!

#3 , Like , BETTER , TO BEAR , DIFFERENT , TO EXCEL , SURPASS , OR EXCELLENT !!

In Phil 1:10 the translator uses the word DIFFERING instead of excellent !!

#4 This translator uses the word for PUBLISHED / DIAPHERO , DIFFERENT !!

#5 We know that Paul was preaching to Jew as Paul was commanded to do , and means that Paul was preaching to Jews and we see ANOTHER GOSPEL here !!

#6 That is why Paul's gospel is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE MOOD and in the INDICATIVE MOOD of FACT !!

#7 The IMPERFECT TENSE says that Paul's preaching to Jews will STOP soon , like Acts 28:28 !!

#8 So we see 2 GOSPELS at the same time , Judaism and THE MYSTERY , Rom 1:1 !!

#9 We see from 2 Cor 3:13-15 that Israel is to be SHUT DOWN and Isa 6 and Luke 13:13:6-9 are just many passage that proves my premise !!

Only one GOSPEL at that present time the message , given to Paul in Rom 1:1 , Rom 16:25 and 26 and in Col 1:25 and 26 , THE MYSTERY !!

Yes , Paul's message is DIFFERENT !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi to all and And the Word of the Lord was being DIFFERENT through out the whole region !!

#5 We know that Paul was preaching to Jew as Paul was commanded to do , and means that Paul was preaching to Jews and we see ANOTHER GOSPEL here !!

#6 That is why Paul's gospel is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE MOOD and in the INDICATIVE MOOD of FACT !!

#7 The IMPERFECT TENSE says that Paul's preaching to Jews will STOP soon , like Acts 28:28 !!

#9 We see from 2 Cor 3:13-15 that Israel is to be SHUT DOWN and Isa 6 and Luke 13:13:6-9 are just many passage that proves my premise !!

Only one GOSPEL at that present time the message , given to Paul in Rom 1:1 , Rom 16:25 and 26 and in Col 1:25 and 26 , THE MYSTERY !!

dan p

You're right - you DO understand your own posts :chuckle:

Rom. 5:8.

Interplanner

Paul's gospel is the resurrection of Jesus Christ because the fact that it occurred means that we can be justified from our sins. It is also the resurrection of Jesus Christ the seed of David because it is the fulfillment of what was promised to the fathers and the form of the promises to David that was intended all along.

2 Tim 2:8
Acts 13:32+
Isaiah 55:3

Danoh

Paul's gospel is the resurrection of Jesus Christ because the fact that it occurred means that we can be justified from our sins. It is also the resurrection of Jesus Christ the seed of David because it is the fulfillment of what was promised to the fathers and the form of the promises to David that was intended all along.

2 Tim 2:8
Acts 13:32+
Isaiah 55:3

You remain...confused on the latter half of that.

Well, at least you are consistent.

Rom. 5:8.

Pierac

dan p

NET Bible Act 13:39 and by this one147 everyone who believes is justified148 from everything from which the law of Moses could not justify149 you.150

Commentary Act 13:39 -

147 sn This one refers here to Jesus.

148 tn Or "is freed." The translation of δικαιωθῆναι (dikaiōthēnai) and δικαιοῦται (dikaioutai) in Act_13:38-39 is difficult. BDAG 249 s.v. δικαιόω 3 categorizes δικαιωθῆναι in Act_13:38 (Greek text) under the meaning "make free/pure" but categorizes δικαιοῦται in Act_13:39 as "be found in the right, be free of charges" (BDAG 249 s.v. δικαιόω 2.b.β). In the interest of consistency both verbs are rendered as "justified" in this translation.

149 tn Or "could not free."

150 tn Grk "from everything from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses." The passive construction has been converted to an active one in the translation, with "by the law of Moses" becoming the subject of the final clause. The words "from everything from which the law of Moses could not justify you" are part of Act_13:38 in the Greek text, but due to English style and word order must be placed in Act_13:39 in the translation.

So... Act 13:38 Therefore let it be known to you, brothers, that through this one forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you,

Paul

DAN P

NET Bible Act 13:39 and by this one147 everyone who believes is justified148 from everything from which the law of Moses could not justify149 you.150

Commentary Act 13:39 -

147 sn This one refers here to Jesus.

148 tn Or "is freed." The translation of δικαιωθῆναι (dikaiōthēnai) and δικαιοῦται (dikaioutai) in Act_13:38-39 is difficult. BDAG 249 s.v. δικαιόω 3 categorizes δικαιωθῆναι in Act_13:38 (Greek text) under the meaning "make free/pure" but categorizes δικαιοῦται in Act_13:39 as "be found in the right, be free of charges" (BDAG 249 s.v. δικαιόω 2.b.β). In the interest of consistency both verbs are rendered as "justified" in this translation.

149 tn Or "could not free."

150 tn Grk "from everything from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses." The passive construction has been converted to an active one in the translation, with "by the law of Moses" becoming the subject of the final clause. The words "from everything from which the law of Moses could not justify you" are part of Act_13:38 in the Greek text, but due to English style and word order must be placed in Act_13:39 in the translation.

So... Act 13:38 Therefore let it be known to you, brothers, that through this one forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you,

Paul

Hi and I see that I did not give the verse of the OP , which is Acts 13:49 and not Acts 13:39 !!

Do you want to comment on the verse instead ?

dan p

Pierac

Hi and I see that I did not give the verse of the OP , which is Acts 13:49 and not Acts 13:39 !!

Do you want to comment on the verse instead ?

dan p

I think that was my mistake...

Act 13:49 And the word of the Lord was being spread through the whole region.

I don't have much to say on this verse... but think you should have placed more thought on the previous verse

Act 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

:idunno:
Paul

DAN P

I think that was my mistake...

Act 13:49 And the word of the Lord was being spread through the whole region.

I don't have much to say on this verse... but think you should have placed more thought on the previous verse

Act 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

:idunno:
Paul

Hi and if I read it right , YOU do not have MUCH to say of Acts 13:49 and then say I SHOULD HAVE PLACED MORE THOUGHT into Acts 13:49 ?

O MY !!

dan p