ECT WHO IS PAUL PERSUADING IN Gal 1:10 ??

DAN P

Hi to all and Gal 1:10 reads , For just now do I persuade men or God ?

Or do I seek to please men ?

For IF I was pleasing men , I could not be a SLAVE of Christ !

#1, The verb PERSUADE / PEITHO is in The Greek PRESENT TENSE which places this letter in the DISPENSATION of the Grace of God !!

#2 , It was Paul's duty to persuade believers to come around to his teaching !

#3 , Verse 6 the Galatians were believing ANOTHER gospel of a DIFFERENT KIND !

We see that there are still many that are being PERSUADED by men that teach another gospel and like the Law , instead of what Paul was teaching , DISPENSATIONALISM IN Col 1:25-26 and in Rom 16:25 and 26 !!

#4 These then says that that there 2 GOSPELS in operation here at the same time , do you see it

TP !!

#5, AND verse 8 says LET HIM BE ACCURSED , WHY ??

#6 Because Gal 5:4 YOU HAVE FALLEN FROM GRACE to please MEN and have become a BLENDER with just OPINIONS !!

All believers that teach Eph 3:9 to Illuminate ALL as to what is the DISPENSATION of the MYSTERY the one having been kept secret from the AGES in God , the ONE having created THE ALL THINGS by Jesus Christ !

But we know that Israel has ALREADY been set aside as 2 Cor 3:13-16 when Paul wrote 2 Cor !!

dan p

Last edited:

Danoh

This...

Galatians 1:10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Is this...

2 Corinthians 5:11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

In other words, this...

2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

Because Romans 5:8 :)

andyc

#1, The verb PERSUADE / PEITHO is in The Greek PRESENT TENSE which places this letter in the DISPENSATION of the Grace of God !!

No it means that his statement to the church in Galatia was for them at that time, and as nothing has changed, it's for us now.

Paul was the one who started the church at Galatia, and if they were believers, they had already accepted his teaching.

Which was not another gospel, So, what you emphasise as being another gospel, Paul said it wasn't another gospel, it was nonsense. See how easily deceived you are by your lust for mad?

We see that there are still many that are being PERSUADED by men that teach another gospel and like the Law , instead of what Paul was teaching , DISPENSATIONALISM IN Col 1:25-26 and in Rom 16:25 and 26 !!

#4 These then says that that there 2 GOSPELS in operation here at the same time , do you see it

No I don't see it, because Paul said that it was not another gospel.

TP !!

#6 Because Gal 5:4 YOU HAVE FALLEN FROM GRACE to please MEN and have become a BLENDER with just OPINIONS !!

All believers that teach Eph 3:9 to Illuminate ALL as to what is the DISPENSATION of the MYSTERY the one having been kept secret from the AGES in God , the ONE having created THE ALL THINGS by Jesus Christ !

But we know that Israel has ALREADY been set aside as 2 Cor 3:13-16 when Paul wrote 2 Cor !!

dan p

You don't need to go beyond "you have fallen from grace". You nailed it right there.
Anything other than grace is another gospel, which is no gospel. For there is no benefit to anything other than grace and faith.

DAN P

No it means that his statement to the church in Galatia was for them at that time, and as nothing has changed, it's for us now.

Paul was the one who started the church at Galatia, and if they were believers, they had already accepted his teaching.

Which was not another gospel, So, what you emphasise as being another gospel, Paul said it wasn't another gospel, it was nonsense. See how easily deceived you are by your lust for mad?

No I don't see it, because Paul said that it was not another gospel.

You don't need to go beyond "you have fallen from grace". You nailed it right there.
Anything other than grace is another gospel, which is no gospel. For there is no benefit to anything other than grace and faith.

Hi and all should thnk about this , where our differences begin is that most believers will never see that Israel was set aside in 2 Cor 3:13-16 !!

In Gal 2:!!-14 we see that The Law was still in operation by Peter as Peter trys to UNDER MINE Paul's ministry and just read Acts 21:21 !!

I am right on !!

dan p

Danoh

Andyc, in the phrase "another; which is not another" not only are those two uses of the word "another" different in both original word and meaning, but one is in the sense of "one" while the other is in the sense of "one, where there is more than one."

Look it up.

One use of the word "another" there is the Greek "allos," and the other is "heteros."

His actual sense is partly "another which is not another of the same kind, out of the different ones."

What could that have been?

The result of a hybrid of the Law (which was good news in its time) with Grace (the then present good news).

Paul then goes into the distinction between the two valid gospels throughout Galatians.

His point being that to fuse those two legitimate ones into one, only resulted in another out of said two legitimate ones, which was neither - which was not another (legitimate one) at all.

The one had been...

Deuteronomy 6:25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

In contrast to that gospel, or good news, was...

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Here they are again...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Nevertheless, the gospel that is Romans 5:8...towards you.

andyc

Andyc, in the phrase "another; which is not another" not only are those two uses of the word "another" different in both original word and meaning, but one is in the sense of "one" while the other is in the sense of "one, where there is more than one."

Look it up.

One use of the word "another" there is the Greek "allos," and the other is "heteros."

His actual sense is partly "another which is not another of the same kind, out of the different ones."

What could that have been?

The result of a hybrid of the Law (which was good news in its time) with Grace (the then present good news).

Paul then goes into the distinction between the two valid gospels throughout Galatians.

His point being that to fuse those two legitimate ones into one, only resulted in another out of said two legitimate ones, which was neither - which was not another (legitimate one) at all.

The one had been...

Deuteronomy 6:25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

In contrast to that gospel, or good news, was...

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Here they are again...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Nevertheless, the gospel that is Romans 5:8...towards you.

Your're missing the fundamental point entirely.
The Galatians were accepting another gospel, so we know that there are other gospels. That's why we have the likes of mormonism and JWs etc today. What Paul was saying is that any other gospel other than the one he preached, was illegitimate, and complete nonsense.
You guys are seizing on what you think is an opportunity to show us that there were indeed two legitimate gospels, and the Galatians were starting to embrace the wrong one.

That's simply a case of trying to insert mad into scripture, and not allowing scripture to explain itself.

Basically it shows how desperate you lot are to find make believe mad in the bible.

andyc

Hi and all should thnk about this , where our differences begin is that most believers will never see that Israel was set aside in 2 Cor 3:13-16 !!/QUOTE]

The switched on believers you mean.

In Gal 2:!!-14 we see that The Law was still in operation by Peter as Peter trys to UNDER MINE Paul's ministry and just read Acts 21:21 !!

I am right on !!

dan p[

Nonsense. Paul said to Peter, "you being a Jew live as gentiles, and not as Jews".
Peter's hypocrisy is that he didn't want to offend Jews who "WRONGLY" still embraced the dietary and ceremonial rules and regulations, which would confuse the message of the gospel.

Danoh

Your're missing the fundamental point entirely.
The Galatians were accepting another gospel, so we know that there are other gospels. That's why we have the likes of mormonism and JWs etc today. What Paul was saying is that any other gospel other than the one he preached, was illegitimate, and complete nonsense.
You guys are seizing on what you think is an opportunity to show us that there were indeed two legitimate gospels, and the Galatians were starting to embrace the wrong one.

That's simply a case of trying to insert mad into scripture, and not allowing scripture to explain itself.

Basically it shows how desperate you lot are to find make believe mad in the bible.

Nope. I am seizing on nothing.

All I am doing is stating what those two gospels had been:

"The law for righteousness" and;

"But now, the righteousness of God without the law..."

Someone had come along and caused the Galatinas to fuse those two equally legitimate, but nevertheless Dispensational gospels, into another, which was not another, at all.

By "but Dispensational" I mean Luke 12:42's "due season."

"The law for righteousness" had been legitimate in it's "due season."

But now, the due season of the righteousness of God without the law was being testified - in its "due time."

Fact is, I do NOT hold that the Twelve and their converts had had to wait for their spiritual salvation until the Lord's return.

Those on here who hold otherwise are the ones asserting yet another hybrid - yet "another gospel, which is not another" - into Galatians 2.

And such are VERY few within Mid-Acts.

Not that this distinction matters to you, as you have a chip, on your shoulder towards all Dispys on here.

Your need to lump all Dispys into a same category is your nonsense, and your loss.

Again, clueless - the actual distinction between the things that differ that Paul is going on about, in Galatians is between that "righteousness which is of the law" that Israel had been under, prior to the Cross (meaning it was Dispensational, or had had its "due season") and "the righteousness of God without the law" this side of Israel's fall (which is why it too is Dispensational (or testified "in due time").

I have said nothing of the kind about Paul supposedly going on about some Peter and Paul difference in gospel.

It is crystal clear to many a Mid-Acts Dispy outside of the fringe on here and their few elsewhere; that Paul is confirming in Galatians 2 that Peter and company already had their salvation.

Nevertheless, Romans 5:8 towards you, c.

That is all one can do when dealing with your kind - view such in light of the Romans 5:8 truth that all Believers can now view all people in light of - of the Cross of Christ.

DAN P

Hi and all should thnk about this , where our differences begin is that most believers will never see that Israel was set aside in 2 Cor 3:13-16 !!/QUOTE]

The switched on believers you mean.

Nonsense. Paul said to Peter, "you being a Jew live as gentiles, and not as Jews".
Peter's hypocrisy is that he didn't want to offend Jews who "WRONGLY" still embraced the dietary and ceremonial rules and regulations, which would confuse the message of the gospel.

Hi and you are reading into the Gal 2:7 and 14 , good job !!

Read Acts 21:20 and 21 , I see that you will not and as 2 Peter 3:15 said that the Jews TWIST and are UN-LEARNED and it is their destruction and that is where you are RIGHT NOW !!

This also show where Law and Grace of God are being in operation as the Law is being FAZED OUT by Luke 13:13:6-9 2 Cor 3 :13-16 and Isa 6 !!

dan p

God's Truth

TP !!

dan p

The two were the old law and the new law, the good news of Jesus Christ.

Paul went around trying to get people to believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The Galatians believed and were saved, and then Jews came around them and talked them into obeying the old works of the law, the ceremonial/purification works.

The Galatians started observing special days of the Jews, and Paul warned them against circumcision. Paul told them if they kept observing special days to be justified then they have to be saved all over again.

See the ceremonial works were how one was cleaned and justified before God.

Now only Jesus' blood justifies and cleans.

Paul taught the one and only gospel that saves and makes one perfect.

Paul taught the same gospel that Jesus Christ taught.

Gary K

Banned
I see all kinds of answers to the question posed by this thread. I'll give the one very obvious answer that no one else has given: the Galatians. :D

God's Truth

Hi and lets have a verse where Jesus and Paul taught the same gospel ??

dan p

Dan P, here is John the baptizer preaching repent for salvation:

John the baptizer prepared the way for Jesus. Those who would come to Jesus had first to repent of their sins. See Luke 1:76-80.

We still have to repent to prepare the way for Jesus into our hearts.

Here is Paul preaching we have to first repent of our sins to be saved:

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Acts 17:30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

Here is Jesus preaching repent to be saved:

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach this message: “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”

Matthew 11:21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Matthew 12:41 The people of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented when Jonah preached to them—and now, something greater than Jonah is here!

Mark 4:12 so that although they look they may look but not see, and although they hear they may hear but not understand, so they may not repent and be forgiven.”

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

The same gospel for all from all.

DAN P

Dan P, here is John the baptizer preaching repent for salvation:

John the baptizer prepared the way for Jesus. Those who would come to Jesus had first to repent of their sins. See Luke 1:76-80.

We still have to repent to prepare the way for Jesus into our hearts.

Here is Paul preaching we have to first repent of our sins to be saved:

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Acts 17:30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

Here is Jesus preaching repent to be saved:

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach this message: “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”

Matthew 11:21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Matthew 12:41 The people of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented when Jonah preached to them—and now, something greater than Jonah is here!

Mark 4:12 so that although they look they may look but not see, and although they hear they may hear but not understand, so they may not repent and be forgiven.”

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

The same gospel for all from all.

Hi am I disagree as John preached Repentance and Baptism which is for Israel

Jesus preached in Matt 4:17 Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand !!

Explain what the nKingdom of Heaven means ??

In Matt 10:5 Jesus tells the 12 disciples to NOT GO to the Gentiles NOT to the Samaritans and verse 7 and 8 say what the Gospel is !!

What did Paul preach is found in Acts 20:24 , and in Rom 16:25 and 26 and in Col 1:25 and 26 ARE QUITE DIFFERENT and the Greek word for GOSPEL / EUGANGELION just means Good Tiding or Good News and can be called BAD NEWS !!

There are many GOSPELS in the bible !!

dan p

God's Truth

In Matt 10:5 Jesus tells the 12 disciples to NOT GO to the Gentiles NOT to the Samaritans and verse 7 and 8 say what the Gospel is !!

What did Paul preach is found in Acts 20:24 , and in Rom 16:25 and 26 and in Col 1:25 and 26 ARE QUITE DIFFERENT and the Greek word for GOSPEL / EUGANGELION just means Good Tiding or Good News and can be called BAD NEWS !!

dan p

Why don't you refer to the scriptures that I posted that prove Paul taught the same as John and Jesus?

Jesus said when he is crucified then all can come to him to be saved.

Paul calls it Jews first then Gentiles.

DAN P

dan p

Hi and lets begin with Acts 20:21 first , since you can not answer my post !!

Acts 20:21 reads , Earnsetly testifying both to Jews and GRREKS / HELLEN a change of mind towards God and FAITH towards our Lord Jesus Christ !!

#1 , REPENTANCE means a Change of Mind !!

#2 , The GREEK / HELLEN means they are Greek speaking Jews or Grecians !!

#3 What were they to turn to FAITH towards our Loed Jesus Christ !!

Where is the salvation that you are FREFFERING TO ??

Acts 11:20 says what Gospel Peter was preaching , PREACHING THE GOSPEL , THE LORD JESUS !!

Paul in Rom 1:1 was preaching the GOSPEL OF GOD and was LIMITED to that GOSPEL ONLY !!

You will need to show what verse in the bible you are talking about in John ?

dan p

Danoh

Hi and lets begin with Acts 20:21 first , since you can not answer my post !!

Acts 20:21 reads , Earnsetly testifying both to Jews and GRREKS / HELLEN a change of mind towards God and FAITH towards our Lord Jesus Christ !!

#1 , REPENTANCE means a Change of Mind !!

#2 , The GREEK / HELLEN means they are Greek speaking Jews or Grecians !!

#3 What were they to turn to FAITH towards our Loed Jesus Christ !!

Where is the salvation that you are FREFFERING TO ??

Acts 11:20 says what Gospel Peter was preaching , PREACHING THE GOSPEL , THE LORD JESUS !!

Paul in Rom 1:1 was preaching the GOSPEL OF GOD and was LIMITED to that GOSPEL ONLY !!

You will need to show what verse in the bible you are talking about in John ?

dan p

Hellen refers to more than just "a Greek Speaking Jew."

Is "a Russian Jew" merely "a Russian speaking Jew"?

Is "a German Jew" merely "a German speaking Jew"?

Is "a North American Jew" merely "a North American speaking Jew"?

Nope.

And the phrase "the gospel of God" is merely an umbrella term under which is found all the various revelations of God's progressive revelation of His good news concerning His Son.

Paul's "my gospel" - "the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery; which was kept secret since the world began, But now (in and thru Paul) is made manifest" - his aspect of "the gospel of God" having been not only both "the last" in all that, but also, an aspect concerning the Son, that had never been revealed until Paul: a Heavenly aspect, concerning a Heavenly creature: The One New Man; The Body of Christ.

All the other "gospels" or various, progressive revelations concerning the Son of God, have God's plan and purpose for Israel and the Earth, in mind.

Rom. 5:8.

_______

DanP, I thought you rightly agreed with Brock, that Romans 16:26 is not referring to the OT, but to Paul's writings?

DAN P

H

DanP, I thought you rightly agreed with Brock, that Romans 16:26 is not referring to the OT, but to Paul's writings?

Hi and I agree with Brock and agree with him 99.9% and that is very good for me !!

dan p

Last edited:

DAN P

Hellen refers to more than just "a Greek Speaking Jew."

All the other "gospels" or various, progressive revelations concerning the Son of God, have God's plan and purpose for Israel and the Earth, in mind.

Rom. 5:8.

_______

Hi and remember that the Jews were scattered all over the Roman empire and many spoke Greek amd many other languages !!

In Rom 1:1 Paul was SPEARATED / APORIZO which means Paul LIMITED , WITH BOUNDRIES and SEPARATED only to preach for God's gospel !!

Not the Everlasting Gospel , or the Preaching of the Kingdom of Heaven or the New Covenant !!

Paul's only preached the MYSTERY !!

dan p

God's Truth

Hi and remember that the Jews were scattered all over the Roman empire and many spoke Greek amd many other languages !!

In Rom 1:1 Paul was SPEARATED / APORIZO which means Paul LIMITED , WITH BOUNDRIES and SEPARATED only to preach for God's gospel !!

Not the Everlasting Gospel , or the Preaching of the Kingdom of Heaven or the New Covenant !!

Paul's only preached the MYSTERY !!

dan p

Jesus and being saved through him is the mystery!