ECT When in history did this take place?

Danoh

rusty-star-2786743.jpg

:rotfl:

Right Divider

Body part
"what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment" Lk 22:37.
One of the great TOL Scripture Twisters hard at work AGAIN!

Luke 22:37 (AKJV/PCE)
(22:37) For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

That scripture is about ONE SPECIFIC prophecy which is CLEARLY shown in the verse.

Danoh

Can't do it. "Against" is a plausible reading. It's just not the only plausible reading.

The preposition, whether "against" or "among," is based on a single-letter prefix in Hebrew - a prefixed B. The prefix can be translated a lot of different ways, but its primary meaning is "inside" and it doesn't really carry nuance of the sort we're talking about here.

Good point.

And one that is often the case, throughout Scripture.

Not only because those two languages are like that...and because their rules differ at points from the English...but also because all nuance within Scripture, is tied to, and relies upon it's whole.

That is to say...

"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Isaiah 8:20.

Or....

"And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself." Luke 24:27.

That is to say...

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

In short, the proper nuance is found in the whole of the thing - not in any one isolated word...

"So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading...And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them." Nehemiah 8:8, 12.

"But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil." Hebrews 5:14.

And that is not a matter of practice, rather; of the right practice...

"For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe." Hebrews 5:22,13.

And that...is never ending...

Interplanner

(22:37) For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

That scripture is about ONE SPECIFIC prophecy which is CLEARLY shown in the verse.

Oh, and the 1000 other things about the crucifixion were not meant? Right. Experts at work again.

Interplanner

You cannot every focus on FACTS. You must always try to FORCE the scripture to conform to your FAIRY TALE.

Like the facts about Acts 2, 13, 15?

The grammatical fact that 'to peri emou' (Lk 22:37) or 'hoti tauten' (13:33) are both about the total (written or promised)?

2P2P has been repeated so many times and so widely that people in it always check with 2P2P first and then the Bible.

Right Divider

Body part
Your "facts" about those chapters are anti-facts.

The grammatical fact that 'to peri emou' (Lk 22:37) or 'hoti tauten' (13:33) are both about the total (written or promised)?
You think you sound so smart when you "go Greek".

2P2P has been repeated so many times and so widely that people in it always check with 2P2P first and then the Bible.
We just believe what the Bible actually says as opposed to your fabricated fairy story.

Danoh

And no one has mentioned said designation but you, nor like you so repeatedly have.

In which case, thank you very much for your tireless contribution to letting one and all know of the possible existence of a...2P2P :chuckle:

Wick Stick

Some translations, sure, but that's not the issue here. If you simply disagree with a rendering, fine. You'll either provide a better one with evidence for it, or not.
That's what I did, but I'll do it again, at your request, in more detail.

A better rendering would be:

Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight alongside those nations...

I already provided a grammatical critique, showing that the preposition in question is ambiguous in Hebrew.

Let's look at context, then, to disambiguate:

Zechariah 14:2-4 (emphasis added)
I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight alongside those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

In context, which makes more sense:

God gathers a group of armies to fight against Judah, to punish them, and then...

(1) Changes his mind and fights against the armies He just assembled.
or
(2) He fights alongside the armies He just assembled.

In context, which makes more sense:

God stands on the mountain facing opposite the city of Jerusalem, as the general of the armies of...

(1) The nations He assembled to fight against Israel.
or
(2) Israel, who is holed up in the city.

There's your evidence, then. Make your choice.

Last edited:

Wick Stick

Hi and where a verse that he fight a long side ??

dan p
A recurring OT theme is that the heathen nations are only God's tools of judgment, chastening, wrath, and punishment. Israel and Judah do not lose wars against these nations because God cannot protect them. They lose because it is God that fights against them; that is, alongside the heathen.

There are, I think, quite a few verses about this, particularly as regards the exile. The entire book of Lamentations is written on this theme, but since that is a bit lengthy to quote here, perhaps this example will suffice:

Isaiah 10:5
O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation.
I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.

DAN P

A recurring OT theme is that the heathen nations are only God's tools of judgment, chastening, wrath, and punishment. Israel and Judah do not lose wars against these nations because God cannot protect them. They lose because it is God that fights against them; that is, alongside the heathen.

There are, I think, quite a few verses about this, particularly as regards the exile. The entire book of Lamentations is written on this theme, but since that is a bit lengthy to quote here, perhaps this example will suffice:

Isaiah 10:5
O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation.
I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.

Hi and #2 is what I have reference to , in Zech 14:5 and I do not see it there !!

There is no question that God uses GENTILES to punish Israel !!

dan p

Interplanner

You mean like approaching Scripture on the presumption that most everything has already been fulfilled and has already taken place, then reconstructing Scripture according to that paradigm? No, that can't be what you mean. That would be a stupid thing to do.

That's not one test in this sense. There are hundreds of instances of that.

Interplanner

No he didn't repeat himself about the one thing; he was saying all of it was, in the same sense as the 20-odd places in the gospels, like Lk 9:22 and 31, or Mt 26:24, or Jn 12:38, or v16, or Lk 24:25 or v27 or v44.