ECT What is the Gospel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

That's rather advanced thinking for someone who is not a believer. Most of them them would say 'what the hell' and not even be concerned...

Exactly. So Sonnet does believe, but he is too proud to acknowledge it. If he did acknowledge it, he thinks he'd have to clean up his act, and stop doing things he really likes to do. Even having to trust in God is more than he's willing to do at this point in his life.

There are lots of people like that. Instead of calling themselves unbelievers, they should just admit that they "will not" turn to God. It's easier to blame God, the Gospel, and the preachers of the Gospel for their inability to convince...not persuasive enough.

Sonnet

Exactly. So Sonnet does believe, but he is too proud to acknowledge it. If he did acknowledge it, he thinks he'd have to clean up his act, and stop doing things he really likes to do. Even having to trust in God is more than he's willing to do at this point in his life.

There are lots of people like that. Instead of calling themselves unbelievers, they should just admit that they "will not" turn to God. It's easier to blame God, the Gospel, and the preachers of the Gospel for their inability to convince...not persuasive enough.

If there is no consensus amongst Christians as to what the Gospel is then I'm not sure what the unbeliever is supposed to do.

Danoh

I asked what exactly I'm to trust in - if 1 Corinthians 15:3-8 is the good news that I am to put my faith in?

A quiry, and some thoughts...

What is it that is not clear to you?

In light of Romans 1:18-3:20, the Apostle Paul applies in 1 Cor. 15, the fact of Christ's having both died for sins and risen again, in line with the Scriptures - he applies that to "the Gentiles also," and this side of unbelieving Israel's having continued in their fall from said gospel's call to them as "sinners also," Gal. 2; 1 Thess. 2.

Paul then goes on to assert there in 1 Cor. 15, that if his assertion is not true; if Christ did not even die for sins, let alone, rise again from the dead, then this that the Corinthians had believed in had been in vain...

What then is it you are having an issue with - if - an issue with it is what you are having?

Regardless of what your case may or may not be, nevertheless, Romans 5:8 towards you.

glorydaz

If there is no consensus amongst Christians as to what the Gospel is then I'm not sure what the unbeliever is supposed to do.

No consensus is necessary for the Gospel to do it's work. We can scatter out many seeds...who knows which will take root. It is God that gives the increase.

Sonnet

No consensus is necessary for the Gospel to do it's work. We can scatter out many seeds...who knows which will take root. It is God that gives the increase.

You cannot simply state the Gospel (that all Christians agree upon) to an unbeliever?

Truster

Ok - but I simply asked if 1 Corinthians 15:3-8 is the Gospel?

What is translated into English as gospel and understood as good news is a fiction. The true transliteration is evangel or evangelism. Evangel does not mean good news. In fact the term good and news are nowhere found in the word evangel never mind how much you twist it.

The evangel is not just a selection of words it is the power of Elohim unto salvation. When a person has received the regenerative and converting power they understand by experience what it is they have received.

PS...A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah.

Danoh

You cannot simply state the Gospel (that all Christians agree upon) to an unbeliever?

Not so...it's as simple as...

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Every "Christian" holds to that much.

It is what each individually and personally make of it - not only in each their assertions of what it is talking and or what that may or may not imply, and or require, or what have you, but also, what each person makes of it in their viewing or not of others through it - it is those two issues, that often differ for each "Believer."

Whether you are a "Believer" or not - you yourself, are no exception to this rule, or principle. :chuckle:

None of us are.

Thank God then, for Romans 5:8.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am a non-believer interested in knowing what the good news is. I ask because, in my experience, Christians do not seem to agree on the specifics. One might point to the issue of the scope of Christ's salvific provision as being particularly relevant.

If the Gospel isn't clearly defined then, surely, the non-believer may legitimately ask, 'Believe in what?'
is there any person in the world that you would accept their answer as fact?

Status
Not open for further replies.