ECT the Enthronement Prayer earthquake, Acts 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

Vs23+: After getting their first taste of rejection by the leaders of Judaism, the apostles went to prayer. After referring to the Creator of everything, they go to Ps 2 again, where they see the enthroned Christ who was also that powerful Creator, to ask him to help them deal with the threats of all their opposition. They were against the Lord and His Messiah, and the psalm is a warning to all leaders of earth to honor the Son, lest he be angry and strike them.

This enthronement was first proclaimed in 2:30, 31 and in 36, not merely by Peter saying so, but by the event of the resurrection, as Rom 1:4 would explain later, in total harmony with the apostles. He was victorious in his endeavor and all mankind will bow before him, Acts 17:31. 'He has given proof of this judgement through Christ, by raising Christ from the dead.'

There was a shaking and they continued on in the work of the mission.

Last edited:

Interplanner

WARNING!

Seriously???
ANOTHER thread started by IP on his convoluted replacement theology.

I preach the plain meaning of the word. The RT you need to be concerned with is that kind that Paul undid in Gal 3:17, but you know so little of the word that you don't know what it means there.

The RT issue that was developed in this generation is merely a glommed together concept so that people don't realize what the NT said. The Seed was Christ, and in Him all nations of the world are blessed in His Gospel. That is the work, the mission, the attention of the NT, and the gift of the Spirit. There is nothing about a future for Israel outside of that.

Danoh

Vs23+: After getting their first taste of rejection by the leaders of Judaism, the apostles went to prayer. After referring to the Creator of everything, they go to Ps 2 again, where they see the enthroned Christ who was also that powerful Creator, to ask him to help them deal with the threats of all their opposition. They were against the Lord and His Messiah, and the psalm is a warning to all leaders of earth to honor the Son, lest he be angry and strike them.

This enthronement was first proclaimed in 2:30, 31 and in 36, not merely by Peter saying so, but by the event of the resurrection, as Rom 1:4 would explain later, in total harmony with the apostles. He was victorious in his endeavor and all mankind will bow before him, Acts 17:31. 'He has given proof of this judgement through Christ, by raising Christ from the dead.'

There was a shaking and they continued on in the work of the mission.

I swear you post that nonsense just to stir up trouble :chuckle:

And you appear to have no interest in any other of the many, many doctrinal issues you could also post on, were you not only actually informed on, but caring about.

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:8.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I preach the plain meaning of the word. The RT you need to be concerned with is that kind that Paul undid in Gal 3:17, but you know so little of the word that you don't know what it means there.

The RT issue that was developed in this generation is merely a glommed together concept so that people don't realize what the NT said. The Seed was Christ, and in Him all nations of the world are blessed in His Gospel. That is the work, the mission, the attention of the NT, and the gift of the Spirit. There is nothing about a future for Israel outside of that.

Dispies cannot discern between Remnant Theology and Replacement Theology.

That is because they insist upon the false gospel of universal atonement.

Not all Israel is of the nation of Israel. The spiritual Israel of God is a remnant called out from all the nations of the world, to receive the saving grace of God. (Romans 9:6-8)

It is my belief that this spiritual "Israel" co-existed with national Israel prior to the incarnation of Christ . . Who is The Israel of God. (Hosea 11:1)

In fact, this spiritual lineage began through the genealogy of Seth, who by the grace of God called upon the name of God by faith in the Gospel promises of a Saviour. Genesis 4:26

Interplanner

What do you mean by universal atonement? You didn't detail.

See Oatmeal's thread in Religion on the definition of D'ism.

Interplanner

The spastic use of language is that people think RT means the opposition of D'ism and feel guilty for opposing. In Gal 3:17, it doesn't mean that, and doesn't have anything to do with D'ism.

Ryrie's 2P2P mistake is that he makes all the race one kind of program/salvation/destiny.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What do you mean by universal atonement? You didn't detail.

See Oatmeal's thread in Religion on the definition of D'ism.

I refuse to read Oatmeal's posts.

Universal atonement is the belief that Jesus Christ paid for all the sins of every living being ever born, but only those persons who exercise their free will and choose to believe this, will find salvation.

I believe God purposed and chose only a remnant of sinners, called out from all tribes, nations, and peoples, for redemption in and through Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1:3-12

These are the spiritual sons of God; saved by the grace of God, alone.

Interplanner

I refuse to read Oatmeal's posts.

Universal atonement is the belief that Jesus Christ paid for all the sins of every living being ever born, but only those persons who exercise their free will and choose to believe this, will find salvation.

I believe God purposed and chose only a remnant of sinners, called out from all tribes, nations, and peoples, for redemption in and through Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1:3-12

These are the spiritual sons of God; saved by the grace of God, alone.

Oh, I see. So if a million more believed, one minute from now, would Christ's atonement have been good enough for that million more?

All Oatmeal is seeking in the thread is a definition of D'ism. It's late, considering I've been refering to Ryrie's book for 2 years now--the 2P2P chapter--but that's all it seeks.

SaulToPaul 2

I swear you post that nonsense just to stir up trouble :chuckle:

And you appear to have no interest in any other of the many, many doctrinal issues you could also post on, were you not only actually informed on, but caring about.

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:8.

This is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.