ECT They Will Not Receive Thy Testimony: Acts 22: 17-21

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I have not claimed that GOD was fooled.
Why do you keep questioning me about things I have not claimed?

It's simple, so far you haven't identified the Father's firstborn son.

Jacob said they would still exist in the last days.

"And Jacob called his sons and said, 'Gather together, that I may tell you what shall befall you in the last days'" (Genesis 49:1)

You claim Jacob's birthright belonged to Reuben, which is just the opposite of what Jacob said.

"Unstable as water, you shall not excel because you went up to your father’s bed, then you defiled it — he went up to my couch." (Genesis 49:4)

What did Jacob say about Joseph?

"The blessings of your father have excelled the blessings of my ancestors, up to the utmost bound of the everlasting hills.
They shall be on the head of Joseph and on the crown of the head of him who was separate from his brothers." (Genesis 49:26)

One of Joseph's sons will wear a crown. Whose crown?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OK, we know the scepter is not held by the godless Jews, so who has it?

It has to be a nation of the house of Israel.
No person has to have it right now.
We have seen through scripture that there were several times when Israel was without a king on the throne and waiting for the next one.
So having gaps in between does not negate the promise in Jer 33:17 which guarantees there will be one.
So no need for them to ever worry because even though there is a temporary gap, don't sweat it, the next one is coming - guaranteed.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Because of the curse which GOD placed on Jeconiah from the royal lineage of David through Solomon, there is only one person in history who is eligible to reign from the throne of David.
GOD bypassed the curse which He pronounced on Jeconiah and his descendants through the virgin conception of Jesus of Nazareth.
All talk of anyone else other than the Lord Jesus sitting on David's throne is nonsense.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's simple, so far you haven't identified the Father's firstborn son.
I have identified 3 that GOD called His firstborn - Jacob, then Ephraim, then David.
Jacob said they would still exist in the last days.

"And Jacob called his sons and said, 'Gather together, that I may tell you what shall befall you in the last days'" (Genesis 49:1)
No dispute.

You claim Jacob's birthright belonged to Reuben, which is just the opposite of what Jacob said.
I provided scripture that says point blank it was Reuben's birthright that was given to the sons of Joseph.
Here it is again:

1 Chronicles 5:1 KJV
(1) Now the sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel, (for he was the firstborn; but, forasmuch as he defiled his father's bed, his birthright was given unto the sons of Joseph the son of Israel: and the genealogy is not to be reckoned after the birthright.

What did Jacob say about Joseph?

"The blessings of your father have excelled the blessings of my ancestors, up to the utmost bound of the everlasting hills.
They shall be on the head of Joseph and on the crown of the head of him who was separate from his brothers." (Genesis 49:26)

One of Joseph's sons will wear a crown. Whose crown?
You are using the word "crown of the head" in a very very restrictive manner, as if it has to mean a literal royal crown placed on kings head.
But that is not what it always means.

Deuteronomy 33 KJV
(20) And of Gad he said, Blessed be he that enlargeth Gad: he dwelleth as a lion, and teareth the arm with the crown of the head.​

What crown was that?

2 Samuel 14 KJV
(25) But in all Israel there was none to be so much praised as Absalom for his beauty: from the sole of his foot even to the crown of his head there was no blemish in him.​

What crown was that?

Job 2 KJV
(7) So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown.​

What crown was that?

Interplanner

No person has to have it right now.
We have seen through scripture that there were several times when Israel was without a king on the throne and waiting for the next one.
So having gaps in between does not negate the promise in Jer 33:17 which guarantees there will be one.
So no need for them to ever worry because even though there is a temporary gap, don't sweat it, the next one is coming - guaranteed.

There is no temporary gap; David foresaw that the resurrection was the enthronement of Christ on his (David's) throne, and that is all done. He is to be proclaimed as such:

Fight the good fight of faith...I charge you to keep this commandment without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which God will bring about in his own time--God, the blessed and only ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords... I Tim 6

That is NT preaching. Not this future throne and temple in Judea stuff by the 2P2Ps.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no temporary gap; David foresaw that the resurrection was the enthronement of Christ on his (David's) throne, and that is all done. He is to be proclaimed as such:

David foresaw that the resurrection was prerequisite to the enthronement of Christ on his (David's) throne and that enthronement is not done.... yet.

Mat 25:31* When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:*

SaulToPaul 2

Fight the good fight of faith...I charge you to keep this commandment without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which God will bring about in his own time--God, the blessed and only ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords... I Tim 6

That is NT preaching. Not this future throne and temple in Judea stuff by the 2P2Ps.

Made up.

Interplanner

"The throne." David foresaw the resurrection of Christ enthroning Christ. That's the only throne NT preaching is concerned with. Acts 2, Eph 1. He is above all titles in this age and the next.

You see, your Jerusalem throne looks to me like Jamie's British throne looks to you. See how many genealogical wrangling warnings there are in Timothy and Titus?

Unless you mean the NHNE. But I don't gather that you do.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

"The throne." David foresaw the resurrection of Christ enthroning Christ. That's the only throne NT preaching is concerned with. Acts 2, Eph 1. He is above all titles in this age and the next.

You see, your Jerusalem throne looks to me like Jamie's British throne looks to you. See how many genealogical wrangling warnings there are in Timothy and Titus?

Made up.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I have identified 3 that GOD called His firstborn - Jacob, then Ephraim, then David.

But you forgot the first one.

"Then you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says the Lord: Israel is My son, My firstborn. So I say to you, let My son go that he may serve Me. But if you refuse to let him go, indeed I will kill your son, your firstborn.'"

And he did.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Shall never lack" is pretty plain.

So you don't believe scripture, no big deal.

The Hebrew text does not mean 'shall never lack' as though the throne would never be vacant.

Jer 33:17 For thus saith the LORD: There shall not be cut off unto David a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;- JPS

Jer 33:17 For thus said Jehovah: `Not cut off to David is one sitting on the throne of the house of Israel,- Young's Literal Translation

It only means that in spite of periodic vacancies, ultimately a descendant of King David would reign from David's throne forever:

2Sa 7:12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.
2Sa 7:13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.

Jer 22:28 Is this man Coniah a despised broken idol? is he a vessel wherein is no pleasure? wherefore are they cast out, he and his seed, and are cast into a land which they know not?
Jer 22:29 O earth, earth, earth, hear the word of the LORD.
Jer 22:30 Thus saith the LORD, Write ye this man childless, a man that shall not prosper in his days: for no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah.

Mat 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
Mat 1:11 And Josias begat Jechonias[Coniah] and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:

From Jechonias onward there are only illegitimate kings and vacancies to the throne of David, until the Lord Jesus Christ...
and no legitimate kings after Christ sitting on the throne of David..

After GOD cursed the descendants of David/Solomon thru Jechonias in Jeremiah 22, GOD then promised the restoration of David's throne thru 'the Branch':

Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Any blood descendant of David>Solomon after Jechonias is cut off from the throne of David.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
That is a PROPHESY that has yet to be fulfilled.

Jer 33:14-18 (AKJV/PCE)
(33:14) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah. (33:15) ¶ In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land. (33:16) In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this [is the name] wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness. (33:17) ¶ For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel; (33:18) Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is plain that it is not speaking of any temporary gaps, otherwise the prophesy would have failed a long long time ago, as there were gaps of waiting between some of the kings that ruled both Judah and Israel in the OT.
Not to mention that there was a time that Israel was ruled by judges and no kings at all until GOD would provide them a king of His choosing (which would be David of the tribe of Judah).

Israel complained that they didn't want to wait for a king.
They wanted one now.
GOD warned that it would not be wise not to wait by choosing one now.
They didn't heed the warning to wait for GOD's choice, and they got Saul (of the tribe of Benjamin, by the way).
Things seemed great at first, but later didn't go so well for them, and they were losing battles.
Many of Israel were abandoning Saul and his rule and Saul just couldn't keep them united.
Not only did Saul have to battle enemies from without Israel, but was also battling with enemies from within.

Finally, GOD's real choice for their king was enthroned - David of the tribe of Judah - the one they should have waited for.
Under David's rule Israel won battles from enemies from without and were all united in a kingdom finally at peace.

It was David of the tribe of Judah's rule that was promised to be forever, not the rule of Saul of the tribe of Benjamin.

And as we know, in the end times, Israel will make a pact with a ruler of the people's choosing - the AC.
Seems fine at first, they get a temple and can once again have their sacrifices in Jerusalem, etc.
But then things go horribly wrong and they are warned to get out and flee!!!! (Scattered again.)
And then the King of GOD's choosing shows up - the promised one descendant from the very loins of King David - the Lion of the tribe of Judah, King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
Winning over enemies and uniting all of Israel and living in peace.

Not a word about that happening in some far off Island.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Hebrew text does not mean 'shall never lack' as though the throne would never be vacant.

Jer 33:17 For thus saith the LORD: There shall not be cut off unto David a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;- JPS

Jer 33:17 For thus said Jehovah: `Not cut off to David is one sitting on the throne of the house of Israel,- Young's Literal Translation

It only means that in spite of periodic vacancies, ultimately a descendant of King David would reign from David's throne forever:
BINGO!

SaulToPaul 2

Tam,
that's a really bizarre cultic thing she's into. do you have access to view THE CROWN, an 8 part series on the Elizabeth who succeeded George in the 1950s? When her coronation happens, all the cultic and Davidic and Israel connections are made in a moment that they don't show publically even though the rest of the service was the first ever shown on TV.

Anything But Scripture...

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

King James Version
For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel;

New American Standard Version
"For thus says the LORD, 'David shall never lack a man to sit on the throne of the house of Israel;

Holman Christian Standard Version
For this is what the LORD says: David will never fail to have a man sitting on the throne of the house of Israel.

https://www.studylight.org/interlinear-bible/jeremiah/33-17.html

It seems plain to me the way it's stated.

David's throne will be occupied continually.

Interplanner

How far you spiral from the apostle's teaching. You are both blind, but I hope you see how equal you look from the apostle's point of view.

David foresaw Christ on his throne, and the enthronement ceremony was the resurrection. You may be interested to know that when Handel was guided on how to do the lyrics on MESSIAH "Lift Up Your Heads" (Ps 24) was sung about Christ resurrected to heaven. It is an enthronement psalm...

Acts 2 was not looking to anything in Judea, because David "spoke of his resurrection."

David's throne is thus occupied continually; he, Christ, has been made Lord and Christ and all nations, all mankind will bow, and show bow already. are you preaching that? That is what matters. this other throne on earth nonsense is nowhere. At least I don't think you mean the NHNE which is not this earth as we know it anyway.

D'ism, not to mention Jamie's thing, is a total failure on this Acts verse, as well as Acts 13:32+ and Acts 15 on Amos 9. Total. They whine that it is not literal to do so, but it is. It just doesn't recycle the same old same old covenant and its equipment, as Hebrews plainly says should happen. But all D'ism knows of Heb is 8:8; they long ago bombed the rest.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
It is plain that it is not speaking of any temporary gaps, otherwise the prophesy would have failed a long long time ago, as there were gaps of waiting between some of the kings that ruled both Judah and Israel in the OT.
Not to mention that there was a time that Israel was ruled by judges and no kings at all until GOD would provide them a king of His choosing (which would be David of the tribe of Judah).

Israel complained that they didn't want to wait for a king.
They wanted one now.
GOD warned that it would not be wise not to wait by choosing one now.
They didn't heed the warning to wait for GOD's choice, and they got Saul (of the tribe of Benjamin, by the way).
Things seemed great at first, but later didn't go so well for them, and they were losing battles.
Many of Israel were abandoning Saul and his rule and Saul just couldn't keep them united.
Not only did Saul have to battle enemies from without Israel, but was also battling with enemies from within.

Finally, GOD's real choice for their king was enthroned - David of the tribe of Judah - the one they should have waited for.
Under David's rule Israel won battles from enemies from without and were all united in a kingdom finally at peace.

It was David of the tribe of Judah's rule that was promised to be forever, not the rule of Saul of the tribe of Benjamin.

And as we know, in the end times, Israel will make a pact with a ruler of the people's choosing - the AC.
Seems fine at first, they get a temple and can once again have their sacrifices in Jerusalem, etc.
But then things go horribly wrong and they are warned to get out and flee!!!! (Scattered again.)
And then the King of GOD's choosing shows up - the promised one descendant from the very loins of King David - the Lion of the tribe of Judah, King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
Winning over enemies and uniting all of Israel and living in peace.

Not a word about that happening in some far off Island.

Here, let me step in before Danoh does.

David might not have been enthroned yet but he was anointed before the end of Saul...

Romans 5:8

No need here for a never the less. :)