ECT Hebrews ranks angels, priesthoods, covenants

Interplanner

Putting a question here because it has to do with the 'better' theme of Hebrews. I'll also be putting it in 'Hebrews ranks angels, priests, covenants.'

Do Dispensationalists think that 'salvation' (soterian) in heb 9:28 is a restored Judaism/Judea, since 'bearing sin' would have addressed the Gospel event?

Interplanner

I hope there will be clarification soon because I have heard both:
Israel will be restored and Judaism will operate, and
it's only about believing Jews.

Neither are acceptable.

Interplanner

What would believing jews only need a temple operating for and why set up a difference when the NT universally seeks all believers to be together in Christ?

Danoh

What would believing jews only need a temple operating for and why set up a difference when the NT universally seeks all believers to be together in Christ?

As long as you ask those kinds of questions only to fail at actually following through on seeking out both possible sides of their equation, and that, in light of the bigger picture (in this case - Scripture), you will continue to operate from within your own vacuum.

And you will continue to not only end up at your own notions, but to conclude you have ended up onto something sound.

Asking said kinds of questions and actually following through in the manner I am suggesting, is exactly why I am able to so easily figure out not only where you are coming from, but where someone you end up having to ask where they are coming from, is.

Put your notions away for awhile, and perhaps watch a season of Columbo or some other superb show where great questions are the means back to properly identifying what's what.

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:8

SaulToPaul 2

Matthew 25
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

The kingdom was prepared FOR some people...in the future.

Put down the commentaries, open up the Holy Bible, believe and study it.

Interplanner

The most remarkable thing about what Paul declares about the hope of Israel in Acts 26 is that 'the conservative part of Judaism at the temple disdained the violent messianic zealots and sicarii, while still believing that there was a son of David event to take place that would restore the worship system and land.' --Cornfeld, archeologist of the JEWISH WAR, commenting on the continuous revolt in Israel, 6-72 AD.

Holding on to that is what bred the frustrated and violent movement! This is why Jesus treats the whole system as one mistaken movement that would ruin the country. the zealots were violent enough to kill the High Priest Jonathan in the early 60s yet the beliefs were basically the same.

all the more reason to hear Peter at Pentecost proclaiming that Jesus was the Christ David foresaw, and that Jesus shut down the best minds of Judaism on the Son of David question, because 'how can he be his son?--He is Lord!'

SaulToPaul 2

The most remarkable thing about what Paul declares about the hope of Israel in Acts 26 is that 'the conservative part of Judaism at the temple disdained the violent messianic zealots and sicarii, while still believing that there was a son of David event to take place that would restore the worship system and land.' --Cornfeld, archeologist of the JEWISH WAR, commenting on the continuous revolt in Israel, 6-72 AD.

Holding on to that is what bred the frustrated and violent movement! This is why Jesus treats the whole system as one mistaken movement that would ruin the country. the zealots were violent enough to kill the High Priest Jonathan in the early 60s yet the beliefs were basically the same.

all the more reason to hear Peter at Pentecost proclaiming that Jesus was the Christ David foresaw, and that Jesus shut down the best minds of Judaism on the Son of David question, because 'how can he be his son?--He is Lord!'

Anything But Scripture,

IP's MO.

Pathetic.

Interplanner

I did a thread on the 'son of David' stumper question and I don't know any D'ist answer to it. Maybe that's because it stopped the leaders of Judaism, too.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The Gospel of God has always been the promise to restore the "Kingdom" of God, as it was represented (typed) in the original creation.

But natural man, from Adam hence, rejects a sovereign Kingdom of God, and seek one of their own making.

Thus the current rejections of the promised heavenly Kingdom, in favor of a "Land Kingdom" insisted upon by Dispies.

They want their own version of heaven, and do not desire to share in God's glory.

And that is what they will get . . . Revelation 22:15-19

Interplanner

the concepts of the OP here are STP's problems. I find it hard to believe that the things explained here are foreign language to D'ists. They are too busy maintaining other theories and defending Chafer.

Interplanner

TOTAL NONSENSE. It is the same stream of thought. You dont' know what you are talking about and don't know Hebrews. All 3 or nothing.

john w

Hall of Fame

Translation: More humanism, i.e., what I do not understand, I will not believe.

An atheist, to you: Why/for what, would a loving God/god need a place called hell?

You: Well, uh, urr,....Right on!!!

You're a humanist fool, traitor to the faith, Professor Judas.

SaulToPaul 2

TOTAL NONSENSE. It is the same stream of thought. You dont' know what you are talking about and don't know Hebrews. All 3 or nothing.

3, finally the new covenant which is eternal is better than the old because the old is a reminder of sins. There is nothing mysterious about any of this, it is just not what Judaism wanted to hear, nor D'ism.

It's not eternal, it's everlasting. It did not exist before the old covenant.
After those days, I WILL MAKE...