ECT Once Saved, Always Saved

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We have to obey Jesus to get saved, and to stay saved.

Amen God's truth.

Mark 16:17-18 KJV
(17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
(18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

:popcorn:

God's Truth

Obedience in an attempt to obtain salvation is vain,

Jesus came to earth to tell us how to be saved.

You not doing what he says is shameful.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

Remember those teachings?

because Christ has already been obedient for us.

Jesus says he remains in his Father's love because he obeyed, and we are to do the same.

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Us trying to obey our way to heaven is like trying to put a price tag on something that is priceless.

We have heaven in our hearts when we receive the Holy Spirit, after we obey. See Acts 5:32.

God's Truth

Obey.

Matthew 16:20 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

That is not a teaching for the new covenant.

Jesus taught guidelines for the new covenant, and that is not one of the rules.

God's Truth

Mark 16:17-18 KJV
(17) And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
(18) They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

:popcorn:

Those things were given to those laying the foundation. God testified to what the disciples taught by allowing them to do various signs and miracles. The foundation has been laid and God already testified to the words they spoke.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Those things were given to those laying the foundation. God testified to what the disciples taught by allowing them to do various signs and miracles. The foundation has been laid and God already testified to the words they spoke.
It plainly says that those signs will follow them that believe.
Are you a believer, GT?
Why can't you do those signs?

God's Truth

No, we do not. Israel had to obey and continue to obey (and have faith) to be saved.
No, they did not have to have faith because the law was NOT based on faith.

Galatians 3:12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, "The person who does these things will live by them."
We in the Body of Christ, however, only have to have faith, through which we receive grace and eternal life.

I can hardly believe you said that.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

God's Truth

It plainly says that those signs will follow them that believe.
Are you a believer, GT?
Why can't you do those signs?

Again, Paul could do miracles and there were signs in those who got saved that is how God testified to the message that Paul spoke; the same thing with all the apostles, for they spoke the same message.

Hebrews 2:4
God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

Acts 14:3 So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.

Mark 6:7 Calling the Twelve to him, he began to send them out two by two and gave them authority over impure spirits.

Matthew 10:1
Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.

That was during the laying of the foundation.

The foundation has been laid.

Ephesians 2:20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

God's Truth

What "two types" were the 12 tribes scattered?

There were the circumcised Jews and the uncircumcised Gentiles.

Paul calls it Jews first then Gentiles.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Acts 3:26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

God's Truth

Nope.
It is written to the 12 tribes scattered.
The 12 tribes scattered were not Gentiles, they were Israel.

Same message different people.

Galatians 2:7 On the contrary, they saw that I had been entrusted to preach the gospel to the Gentiles, just as Peter had been to the Jews. 8For God, who was at work in Peter’s apostleship to the Jews, was also at work in my apostleship to the Gentiles. 9And recognizing the grace I had been given, James, Cephas, and John—those reputed to be pillars—gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, so that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the Jews.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Again, Paul could do miracles and there were signs in those who got saved that is how God testified to the message that Paul spoke; the same thing with all the apostles, for they spoke the same message.
Those signs ceased.
Or a better way to put is that those signs were put on hold.
But they will return.

No one today does those things.
And yet, Jesus did say that those signs would follow believers.
And Jesus did not put a time limit on it.

So, guess why you can't do those signs as a believer today?

God's Truth

Those signs ceased.
Or a better way to put is that those signs were put on hold.
But they will return.

No one today does those things.
And yet, Jesus did say that those signs would follow believers.
And Jesus did not put a time limit on it.

So, guess why you can't do those signs as a believer today?

Give the scripture or scriptures that say what you say.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Give the scripture or scriptures that say what you say.
If you knew scripture that tells of the new covenant GOD will make with Israel, it tells of the time when Israel (the 12 tribes) will be regathered (because they are scattered) and they will keep His statutes.

The BOC was never under the old covenant.
The BOC was never scattered because of disobedience to that old covenant, and promised a restoration of regathering them.

God's Truth

Not different people.
James clearly says he is writing to the 12 tribes scattered.
The 12 tribes scattered are Israel, not Gentiles.
Gentiles are never referred to as the 12 tribes.
Only Israel is.

All are bound to the same place. Cut off Jews are bound to disobedience, where the Gentiles were.

Romans 11:32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

All must be saved the same way, through Christ.

Jesus will come again, this time as a thief in the night, and he won't come to bear sin.

1 Thessalonians 5:4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Hebrews 9:2 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Did you read that?

That is to the Hebrews; same message as to the Gentiles.

There is no special other chance to just Jews.