ECT Once Saved, Always Saved

God's Truth

Here's some more for ya.
Pay close attention.

Romans 4 KJV
(4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
(5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
(6) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
(7) Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
(8) Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

That is about not having to do any ceremonial works.

glorydaz

Wonder not, brethren, if the world hate you. [14] We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not, abideth in death. [15] Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer. And you know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in himself. (1 John 3:13-15)

Loving one's brother is a good work. Remember St. Paul said...

And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. (1 Cor 13:2)

Jesus said...

Amen, amen I say unto you, that he who heareth my word, and believeth him that sent me, hath life everlasting; and cometh not into judgment, but is passed from death to life. (John 5:24)

Do you hear the word of Jesus...

And behold one came and said to him: Good master, what good shall I do that I may have life everlasting? [17] Who said to him: Why asketh thou me concerning good? One is good, God. But if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matt. 19:16-17)

Oh, lookie here. We have a dude stuck on the wrong side of the fence again.....the law side!!!! Didn't anyone explain to him why Christ died on the cross? Does he know that our Lord rose from the dead?

Only one has.
You deny it is by the righteousness and obedience of one, and still try to add two in there.
Shame shame.

Here it is again for the naysayers:

Romans 5 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Pay close attention.
ONE

No matter which way you try to twist the Scriptures you are still in heresy. THOSE WHO ARE MADE RIGHTEOUS ARE SO BECAUSE THEY OBEY THE ONE WHO WAS FIRST RIGHTEOUS (JESUS). Are you paying close attention?

Now pay close attention and read the following...

o faith also, if it have not works, is dead in itself. [18] But some man will say: Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without works; and I will shew thee, by works, my faith. [19] Thou believest that there is one God. Thou dost well: the devils also believe and tremble. [20] But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? (James 2:17-20)

Do you see o foolish one that faith without works is dead? Now pay close attention to the following...

[21] Was not Abraham our father justified by works, offering up Isaac his son upon the altar? [22] Seest thou, that faith did co-operate with his works; and by works faith was made perfect? [23] And the scripture was fulfilled, saying: Abraham believed God, and it was reputed to him to justice, and he was called the friend of God. [24] Do you see that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only? (James 2:21-24)

Do you see that man is justified by works and not faith only?

Now pay really close attention, and read slowly, because...

It is possible to have faith without works, even a faith that moves mountains. (1 Cor 13:2) If one does not have good works along with his faith he is NOT justified. Hence the obedience of ONE does not avail to his own righteousness because he did not (himself) obey the OBEDIENT ONE (JESUS). Get it? Those who have the true faith, but do not do good works are not made righteous and are not part of the MANY. Read closely now, Not 2, but MANY.

Last edited:
Oh, lookie here. We have a dude stuck on the wrong side of the fence again.....the law side!!!! Didn't anyone explain to him why Christ died on the cross? Does he know that our Lord rose from the dead?

Does anyone here recall me saying that one cannot be saved by obeying the Mosaic Law? None of this refutes me. I always take it as a compliment when a heretic such as yourself tells me I'm on the wrong side of the fence.

RealityJerk

Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in DEPARTING FROM THE LIVING GOD.
3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called today; LEST ANY OF YOU BE HARDENED, through the deceitfulness of sin.
3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, IF we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Doctrinally, what can we reasonably glean or draw from the above verses? Well, in my fallible opinion and that's all I can offer (as well as everybody on this forum..Fallible opinions.), the above verses suggest that whoever the writer is referring to are "part of God", partakers of God, one with Him in Messiah. You can't depart from what you were never part of. They are warned to "take heed", they don't fall into unbelief, and depart from the living God they're obviously part of.

In the following verses, the writer goes on to say, that the brethren should exhort each other daily... (...this implies that they're in a position to do that and indeed, many of the believers in the 1st century, lived together, in closely knit communities. Some of them even held all of their possessions in common, as it states in Acts 2:42-47, hence they were in close proximity to each other, every day, sharing their lives with each other in such a way, that they could exhort each other daily. )...lest their hearts become hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For (because) we are made partakers of Messiah if (provided that), we hold (maintain), our first love / the beginning of our confidence, till the end of our earthly lives.

Rev 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Rev 2:5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
Rev 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Those that, hold the beginning of their confidence/their first love, and do not harden their hearts through the deceitfulness of sin, will not fall, losing their eternal inheritance. These are the overcomers, those that walk with Christ, zealously, consistently, till the very end of their earthly lives. One can reasonably assume from the above verses, that, the writer of Hebrews was directing his words, his warning, admonition, at the Hebrew believers/believing Jews of his day, perhaps of a particular community, like the one in Jerusalem.

The elect, those that are actually saved, are the overcomers, who maintain their first love/beginning of their confidence/zeal for Jesus Christ, till the very end.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If this were so then one could not have faith without works, since according to you works automatically proceed. This, however, is heresy, and is refuted by the clear words of Scripture which says...

Thou believest that there is one God. Thou dost well: the devils also believe and tremble. [20] But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? (James 2:19-20)

Fisher, who is James writing to in that verse?

It's most certainly not the Body of Christ.

Yet this would be impossible according to you since you say works proceed automatically from grace which automatically proceed from faith. St. James clearly says, that it is possible to have faith without works. Even a faith that could move mountains avails NOTHING without charity...

Again, James is not writing to the Body of Christ, so who is he writing to?

And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. (1 Cor. 13:2)

You err greatly.

You err because you don't understand the context of what you're quoting.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
We have to obey Jesus to get saved, and to stay saved.
No, we do not. Israel had to obey and continue to obey (and have faith) to be saved.

We in the Body of Christ, however, only have to have faith, through which we receive grace and eternal life.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No matter which way you try to twist the Scriptures you are still in heresy. THOSE WHO ARE MADE RIGHTEOUS ARE SO BECAUSE THEY OBEY THE ONE WHO WAS FIRST RIGHTEOUS (JESUS). Are you paying close attention?

Now pay close attention and read the following...

o faith also, if it have not works, is dead in itself. [18] But some man will say: Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without works; and I will shew thee, by works, my faith. [19] Thou believest that there is one God. Thou dost well: the devils also believe and tremble. [20] But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? (James 2:17-20)

Do you see o foolish one that faith without works is dead? Now pay close attention to the following...

[21] Was not Abraham our father justified by works, offering up Isaac his son upon the altar? [22] Seest thou, that faith did co-operate with his works; and by works faith was made perfect? [23] And the scripture was fulfilled, saying: Abraham believed God, and it was reputed to him to justice, and he was called the friend of God. [24] Do you see that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only? (James 2:21-24)

Do you see that man is justified by works and not faith only?

Now pay really close attention, and read slowly, because...

It is possible to have faith without works, even a faith that moves mountains. (1 Cor 13:2) If one does not have good works along with his faith he is NOT justified. Hence the obedience of ONE does not avail to his own righteousness because he did not (himself) obey the OBEDIENT ONE (JESUS). Get it? Those who have the true faith, but do not do good works are not made righteous and are not part of the MANY. Read closely now, Not 2, but MANY.
Again, who is James talking to?

(hint: it's not the Body of Christ, aka Christians)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So since there is never a wrong time to obey God, why do you go against the teaching of believe and obey?
Obedience in an attempt to obtain salvation is vain, because Christ has already been obedient for us.

Us trying to obey our way to heaven is like trying to put a price tag on something that is priceless.