ECT Once Saved, Always Saved

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ephesians 2:4-7 KJV
(4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
(5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
(6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
(7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Danoh

Salvation is moving from death to life. He who has died (with Christ) has been freed from sin.

It remains remarkable that so many continue to confuse that not as referring to Christ's death imputed on the Believer, but to some sort of a dying on one's own part.

No matter...you've noted The Book's take on this, this side of Romans 3, and it stands.

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

And...

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

And...

Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Acts 17:11,12

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It remains remarkable that so many continue to confuse that not as referring to Christ's death imputed on the Believer, but to some sort of a dying on one's own part.

Christ's death is imputed to a believer because a believer has died with Christ.

"Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." (Romans 6:4)

A person can't be judged until they are resurrected.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

No matter...you've noted The Book's take on this, this side of Romans 3, and it stands.

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

And...

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

I don't attempt to come off one way or another, but I would be surprised if somebody ever accused me of being sanctimonious. Like Pops did. He seems confused.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Something that I heard someone say a long time ago and liked.

"Christ did not give His life to make bad men better. Christ gave His life to make dead men live."

Sozo always said things like that. TOL brought to me many sayings and phrases I had not heard, but describe what I think. "Exchanged life" is one of them.

While the Lord Jesus Christ did not preach grace to the circumcision, he did preach that when they were saved, as we mean it, there was not going back. They just had to earn it.

John 5

24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:devil:
You mean Dave?
Yes.

We had some good fights, then I got too old to keep up with him, yet we were good friends on the forum.
He was short on couthness, but boy oh boy the man could tell you flat out what grace is, and he despised anyone teaching against it with vigor!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He was short on couthness, but boy oh boy the man could tell you flat out what grace is, and he despised anyone teaching against it with vigor!

Is "lets agree to disagree" a stance ever taken by the Lord Jesus Christ? That is rhetorical, and not aimed at her. In case somebody gets the wrong idea.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus told a young man if he wanted to enter into life, keep the commandments.

"But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments." (Matthew 19:17)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Yes.

We agreed on what Grace was, but he liked to have hot debates with me, until they came to name calling, which was very funny at the time. :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
:up: How is that working out for you?

Jesus knew the young man did not have God's Spirit.

Without God's Spirit no one can keep the commandments.

"But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions." (Matthew 19:22)

The young man put wealth before God. He wanted eternal life, but not bad enough to keep the commandments.

I suspect Jesus knew that would be the case. Jesus is a fairly good judge of character.

glorydaz

Jesus knew the young man did not have God's Spirit.

Without God's Spirit no one can keep the commandments.

"But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions." (Matthew 19:22)

The young man put wealth before God. He wanted eternal life, but not bad enough to keep the commandments.

I suspect Jesus knew that would be the case. Jesus is a fairly good judge of character.

More than that....we were created to rely on the Lord.

For it is impossible for those who were once illuminated, have tasted also the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, have moreover tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, and are fallen away: to be renewed again to penance, crucifying again to themselves the Son of God, and making him a mockery.(Heb 6:4-6)

There is no such thing as once saved always saved.