ECT If the future restored land of Israel was going to be mentioned, it should be at ...

Interplanner

The phantom NT validation of a future restored land of Israel has at least one major problem: it failed to show up in Hebrews.

To be more exact, it does not show in 9:28.

as you know, the 'end of the ages' in 26 is not the 2nd coming. That will be a surprise to D'ist friends. It is prob from Daniel's 70 time periods because the scene at the end of Dan 9 is the ruin of the country even though Messiah accomplishes everything he was destined to accomplish--and everything listed in Hebrews 9 (funny how that works out!).

But there is more. We should be finding some reference here in Hebrews 9-10 about setting the temple back up, going back under the law, how Israel would go back under the law, etc. Instead there is the detailed explanation that now that Christ has come and accomplished the 7 things listed in Daniel 9, there is no more need for it.

That means what we should really have in Heb 9-10 if D'ism means anything is a detailed explanation of how you go back and forth between the ultimate atonement event and the training pictures provided in Judaism. There is not the slightest indication that this is going to happen. The worship system of Judaism was set aside.

When summarizing what the new covenant would bring, the comments of Heb 10 are simply:

"Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more."

v18 then says that 'you don't do sacrifices for sins' anymore--the kind in the worship system.

The end of ch 10 goes on to explain that since we have that new and living way of worship (the sacrificed body of Christ) we are warned against trampling the Son of God underfoot, and can gladly let go of our property (in Judea) because of better possessions in Christ. In this context of departing from Judaism, I can't think of anything more likely to 'trample' the Son of God than a return to the sacrificial system of Judaism.

Parallel to the trampling is treating the blood of the covenant as unholy, and insulting the Spirit of grace. Steep words, especially in the setting of 1st century Judea.

(This essay edicated to PJ who says I don't deal with specific texts and just have general muddled doctrine).

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All one has to do is believe GOD's word that He keeps His promises.

The writing of the NT did not change that, nor could it.
The NT does not have to confirm every single promise GOD made in order for those promises to be a surety.
Any promise listed in any part of the Bible can be counted on.

If one can spiritualize away the promises to Israel, then on that basis one can spiritualize away the promises to the BOC, and no promises of GOD can be counted on.
The promises are a surety because GOD does not break His promises, period.
So if there is a promise of land anywhere in scripture, it is a surety.
Otherwise, none of GOD's promises can be counted on.

northwye

"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19.They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us." I John 2: 18-19

Who are "They" who went out from us and were not of us? There were early forms of Gnosticism at the time John wrote, and there were followers of Simon the Sorcerer, who is said in Acts 8: 13 to have believed the Gospel, but in Acts 8: 18-24 tried to buy the Holy Spirit. And - there were Old Covenant people of the bloodline who rejected Christ, who can be said to be in the spirit of anti-Christ of I John 4: 3 Followers of Simon the Sorcerer, Gnostics and Jews who rejected Christ could have been among those who went out from John and other Christians, in rejecting Christ and his Gospel.

Those in the First century who were of the physical bloodline and were the multitude of Old Covenant Israel, it turns out, were of the spirit of anti-Christ because they rejected Christ as their Messiah. The dispensationalism of the founders, John Darby, C.I. Scofield and Lewis S. Chafer, taught that Old Covenant Israel rejected Christ, and so God then used "Plan B" which was to evangelize the Gentiles. But if you can read and understand Hosea 2: 23 it is a prophecy saying that God would make people not of that physical bloodline into his people and they would accept him as their God. And Romans 11: 1-5 teaches that not all of Old Covenant Israel was cut off because of unbelief, but a remnant accepted Christ. So, the starting points of dispensationalism disagree with scripture. And also dispensationalism honors and makes its followers surrogates for that multitude of the Old Covenant physical bloodline - which is of the spirit of anti-Christ.

Last edited:

Interplanner

Exactly.
The old classic deceptive tactic of "Did GOD really say ...?".

Yes, God really said the land thing was a picture of what was coming which is now in christ. And look what happened to the land, so when God 'really' says he's going to decimate, he does. God really said that and it really happened. D'ism is a phantom system trying to give Judaism a 2nd round that God has no plans of doing.

SaulToPaul 2

Yes, God really said the land thing was a picture of what was coming which is now in christ. And look what happened to the land, so when God 'really' says he's going to decimate, he does. God really said that and it really happened. D'ism is a phantom system trying to give Judaism a 2nd round that God has no plans of doing.

:chuckle:

More unbelief. Isn't it tiring?

Interplanner

God really said it was to be decimated, so the 'did God really say' deniers are D'ists who think it is a sin to know anything about the 1st century.

Interplanner

So what is your answer Tam? You are accused of being the actual 'did God really say' person because you don't think christ was talking about the destruction of the land when he was.

Interplanner

So Tam does not think God really said Israel would be destroyed in that generation. I thought the main problem Tam had was people who doubted 'did God really say?' because it was snaky.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The phantom NT validation of a future restored land of Israel has at least one major problem: it failed to show up in Hebrews.

Good point. Gabriel told Mary her Son would inherit the throne of David.

"He will be great and will be called the Son of the Highest, and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David." (Luke 1:32)

Now if we could just figure out where David's throne was back in the day.

I guess it's just hopeless.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Good point. Gabriel told Mary her Son would inherit the throne of David.

"He will be great and will be called the Son of the Highest, and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David." (Luke 1:32)

Now if we could just figure out where David's throne was back in the day.

I guess it's just hopeless.
Let's give him a little help.

2 Samuel 3 KJV
(10) To translate the kingdom from the house of Saul, and to set up the throne of David over Israel and over Judah, from Dan even to Beersheba.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
So Tam does not think God really said Israel would be destroyed in that generation. I thought the main problem Tam had was people who doubted 'did God really say?' because it was snaky.

One cannot legitimately separate Jer 30 from Jer 31.
All of what GOD pronounces through the prophet Jeremiah in these two chapters pertains to the time when GOD will make His New Covenant with the nation of Israel.

Jer 30:1 The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
Jer 30:2 Thus speaketh the LORD God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book.
Jer 30:3 For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.
Jer 30:4 And these are the words that the LORD spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah.
Jer 30:5 For thus saith the LORD; We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear, and not of peace.
Jer 30:6 Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness?
Jer 30:7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.
Jer 30:8 For it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck, and will burst thy bonds, and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him:
Jer 30:9 But they shall serve the LORD their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.