ECT What did the Tower of Babel look like?

shopkinslpskids

Maybe like tge ziggurat from Ur?
c263ff8869e41c69db43b70c412589d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Danoh

Probably the obelisk in Rome

Or the one in DC.

The myth within the standard Christianity of most, is that they were trying build a tower they could use to climb to heaven, like some sort of a Jack and the Beanstalk tale.

The reality is that it had merely been a tall steeple representing their worship of their own gods (supposedly) in heaven by.

Gods, per Romans 1, after their own image and likeness.

A tower not unlike the image on the back of our dollar bill, etc.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11, 12.

SaulToPaul 2

Or the one in DC.

The myth within the standard Christianity of Most, is that they were trying to get to climb to heaven, like some sort of a Jack and the Beanstalk tale.

The reality is that it had merely been a tall steeple representing their worship of their own gods (supposedly) in heaven by.

Gods, per Romans 1, after their own image and likeness.

A tower not unlike the image on the back of our dollar bill, etc.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11, 12.

Or the one in Mayberry, just off the southeast corner of the Courthouse.

dodge

Maybe like tge ziggurat from Ur?
c263ff8869e41c69db43b70c412589d7.jpg

I contracted for the DOD as a civilian contractor from 2004 through 2011 and in 2007 I got to go to the site outside of Talil air base in Iraq where the zigguart is which I got to visit. It was supposedly built 6000 years ago.

Interplanner

In a sense it doesn't matter what the appearance was like, but one thing I notice about the zigguratic genre is the breadth of the base was meant to reach as high as possible. But they didn't seem to know how to develop the rest for height and the height usually ends up being lower than the base, compared to the delicate Ulm cathedral in Bavaria, Germany, which I think is 8x as high as its base, completed in 1400.

I think you will find the heavy construction throughout the 'giantist' period (pre-cataclysm). Compare the Easter Island statues, the perfect fitted walls of Naszca, Atlantis, the sunken temple off the coast of Japan, etc. All huge structures with amazing stone-cutting, but never delicate.

SaulToPaul 2

In a sense it doesn't matter what the appearance was like, but one thing I notice about the zigguratic genre is the breadth of the base was meant to reach as high as possible. But they didn't seem to know how to develop the rest for height and the height usually ends up being lower than the base, compared to the delicate Ulm cathedral in Bavaria, Germany, which I think is 8x as high as its base, completed in 1400.

I think you will find the heavy construction throughout the 'giantist' period (pre-cataclysm). Compare the Easter Island statues, the perfect fitted walls of Naszca, Atlantis, the sunken temple off the coast of Japan, etc. All huge structures with amazing stone-cutting, but never delicate.

Does your church have a steeple?

shopkinslpskids

I contracted for the DOD as a civilian contractor from 2004 through 2011 and in 2007 I got to go to the site outside of Talil air base in Iraq where the zigguart is which I got to visit. It was supposedly built 6000 years ago.
That's amazing. I wonder what kind of archeological finds we'd discover if academic Westerners, not Muslims, inhabited these places.