ECT Romans 11:25-36 can't be erased (Israel's Vision will be restored)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Could you please show exact scripture that says Israel is not Jacobs descendants?

(Rom 9:8) in other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring.

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
(Rom 9:8) in other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring.

Again,

Could you please Exegete Romans 9 in full.

That verse does not reference Israel being replaced. You are purposefully avoiding what Paul says before that and after it.

Spoiler
Here it is again:

(Rom 9:6) It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.

What part of the bold/underline do you not understand?

That is not the context of that verse.

Again... could you please quote scripture properly?

Er, no.

(Rom 9:6) It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.

You Darby Followers like to go on and on about Paul's epistles. Yet, at times, it's as if you guys have never read them.

Let's do this again.

Israel is all those who come to Jesus by living faith no matter what nationality and ethnicity they are.

It must have seemed as if all Jews were cut off, hardened, and blinded by God forever, and that an ethnicity of people was permanently disallowed from ever being saved again.

However, Paul assures the listener that all Israel will be saved...that is, any potential believer from the nation of Israel are not being kept out by God and not allowed to be grafted back in to true Israel and thus being saved...that any Jew who would believe in Jesus---can do so, so that all Israel, true Israel will be saved; for leaving out a race of people would leave out those who make up together true Israel.

Certainly, all Israel being saved is not about every single Jew is going to be saved.

Abrahams descendants are no more Israel than Moses is the same person as Noah.

Jacob's descendants are Israel's descendants. Jacob is Israel. Romans 9 specifies that Israel is rebellious and in present perilous times.

All of Romans 9 says this. Are you now saying God called Abraham Israel and could you please produce that verse?

Could you please show exact scripture that says Israel is not Jacobs descendants? It must say Israel is no longer Jacob's descendants.

Scripture please? It must use the word Israel and redesignate it.

Romans 9-11 designates Israel the descendants of Jacob, under Moses.

So, what now?

I'm waiting. To support your claim, you need to contextually exegete Romans 9-11.

Can you do so and prove Israel is replaced?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That verse does not reference Israel being replaced.

The New Covenant replaced the Old Covenant.

In the New Covenant, those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the Israel of God.

Yet, you Darby Followers keep looking to the flesh.

(2 Cor 5:16) Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh:...

Why do you keep looking to the flesh, when Paul said not to?

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
Romans 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.​

Paul connects Israel of the flesh to Israel here. This leads to 11.

Please be honest with scripture friend.

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned

Again,

That verse does not reference Israel being replaced. You are purposefully avoiding what Paul says before that and after it.

Spoiler
Here it is again:

Er, no.

You Darby Followers like to go on and on about Paul's epistles. Yet, at times, it's as if you guys have never read them.

Let's do this again.

Israel is all those who come to Jesus by living faith no matter what nationality and ethnicity they are.

It must have seemed as if all Jews were cut off, hardened, and blinded by God forever, and that an ethnicity of people was permanently disallowed from ever being saved again.

However, Paul assures the listener that all Israel will be saved...that is, any potential believer from the nation of Israel are not being kept out by God and not allowed to be grafted back in to true Israel and thus being saved...that any Jew who would believe in Jesus---can do so, so that all Israel, true Israel will be saved; for leaving out a race of people would leave out those who make up together true Israel.

Certainly, all Israel being saved is not about every single Jew is going to be saved.

Jacob's descendants are Israel's descendants. Jacob is Israel. Romans 9 specifies that Israel is rebellious and in present perilous times.

All of Romans 9 says this. Are you now saying God called Abraham Israel and could you please produce that verse?

Could you please show exact scripture that says Israel is not Jacobs descendants? It must say Israel is no longer Jacob's descendants.

So, what now?

I'm waiting. To support your claim, you need to contextually exegete Romans 9-11.

In the New Covenant, those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the Israel of God.

Romans 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.​

I take it you cannot exegete 9-11 on your own and know that it will refute your claims if you do?

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
How do you define either 'Zionist' or 'Anti Zionist'? The Christianity I believe in is not necessarily a 'replacement' so much as it is a 'continuation'- with many zealots of the Old falling out in rejection of the New. You see, Christ did not end Judaism, Christianity is rather Judaism altogether., it is God's will moving forward as it has throughout history. I don't think a lot of people fully recognize that very real perception of Christianity because they are too afraid to offend the Jews around them :plain:

Your input is welcome here, but that sounds like a new OP. Could you please comment on Romans 11:25-36?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Paul is referring to Israel of the Old Covenant. Paul said they tried to pursue righteousness by works instead of faith.

It always cracks me up when you Darby Followers accuse everyone who isn't a Darby Follower, as not being honest when they read scripture.

I take it you cannot exegete 9-11 on your own and know that it will refute your claims if you do?

Like most scripture, Romans 9-11 is a death knell to dispensationalism.

You have been brainwashed by Darby into believing that "the church" and "Israel" are two different groups of people post-cross.

As long as you believe that rubbish, you will never understand scripture.

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned

Again,

Spoiler
Here it is again:

Er, no.

Let's do this again.

So, what now?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Until you escape from dispensationalism, you will never understand.

Those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the Israel of God. They are the children of Abraham.

The New Covenant was made, there is no longer a difference between Jew and Gentile, all are one new man in Christ Jesus.

To claim God still looks to the flesh, and has a plan for fleshly Israel, is a slap in the face to what Christ Jesus accomplished on the cross.

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned

Thank you.

And to answer your question, God never breaks His promises and preterists and replacement advocates are anti Semitic and contrary to all scripture, which is about the Jews.

If Jewish failure voids God's promises to Jacob's people, then we have no hope.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Could you please comment on Romans 11:25-36?

(Rom 9:25) As he says in Hosea:

“I will call them ‘my people’ who are not my people;
and I will call her ‘my loved one’ who is not my loved one,

Paul quoted Hosea.

Since you're a Darby Follower, I can guarantee you that you have no idea who Paul was speaking about.

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
(Rom 9:25) As he says in Hosea:

“I will call them ‘my people’ who are not my people;
and I will call her ‘my loved one’ who is not my loved one,

Paul quoted Hosea.

Since you're a Darby Follower, I can guarantee you that you have no idea who Paul was speaking about.

Again, Hosea is a complete book and it does not support your fragmented use of it or Romans 9 Either.

I ask you again...

Again,

Spoiler
Here it is again:

Er, no.

Let's do this again.

So, what now?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Again, Hosea is a complete book and it does not support your fragmented use of it or Romans 9 Either.

Hosea makes a clear distinction between the house of Israel and the house of Judah, and tells what happens to each house.

Your failure to understand the difference between Israelites and Jews, is the reason for your mass confusion of Romans 9-11.

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
The first time the word "Jews" is used in the King James, the Jews are at war against Israel.

All scripture is not about the Jews.

Genesis brings about Jacob, who becomes Israel.

Revelation concludes with Israel and Jewish tabernacle symbolism.

Back to the point...

Again,

Spoiler
Here it is again:

Er, no.

Let's do this again.

So, what now?

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
LOL....nowhere in Romans chapter 11 will you find the words "Jew" or "Jews".

If you don't know what a Jew is, I can't help you.

Again,

Spoiler
Here it is again:

Er, no.

Let's do this again.

So, what now?