ECT A Question For the Preterists

Jerry Shugart

When was this prophecy fulfilled?:

"For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east" (Zech.14:2-4).​

Interplanner

"For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east" (Zech.14:2-4).​

It's a picture of the final harassment of the believers, Rev 21. Sometimes they are called the camp of God. Sometimes they are called the city he loves.

Heb 11 distinguishes between Jews who believe and not even in the OT besides the NT when they are combined with Gentiles. It is your problem that you have obsolete categories in your brain.

Jerry Shugart

It's a picture of the final harassment of the believers, Rev 21. Sometimes they are called the camp of God. Sometimes they are called the city he loves.

So according to your ideas there will be unsaved people in the new heavens and the new earth despite the fact "there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life" (Rev.21:27).

All you prove over and over is that you have no respect for what is actually written in the Scriptures.

Interplanner

So according to your ideas there will be unsaved people in the new heavens and the new earth despite the fact "there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life" (Rev.21:27).

All you prove over and over is that you have no respect for what is actually written in the Scriptures.

lol you have no logic. I was referring to believers of course. No wonder you can't understand what you read, it is full of imaginativeness.

Meanwhile, guess who is putting unbelievers in DNA Israel and civic Israel all the time? D'ists. It's Israel to them by blood alone, no matter what beliefs.

Jerry Shugart

lol you have no logic. I was referring to believers of course.

You were referring to this passage where the LORD wages war against unbelievers:

"For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east"
(Zech.14:2-4).​

The level of intelligence on this forum has taken a great downturn lately!

Wick Stick

No matter how long I live I will never be able to imagine how some people can cling to such outrageous and illogical and unBiblical ideas!

It boggles the mind!
It's like the game 'telephone' that you used to play as a kid.

After a 100 generations of passing down our interpretations of the scriptures, some of them are pretty far from the originals. It turns out nothing can cloud the meaning of Scripture quite like a long tutelage in their meaning, under the auspices of an erroneous tradition.

Interplanner

You were referring to this passage where the LORD wages war against unbelievers:

"For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east"
(Zech.14:2-4).​

The level of intelligence on this forum has taken a great downturn lately!

Go ahead and embrace your 'victory' there which is half of a defeat--if you are literal about the text. I was referring to Rev 21 as I said. 20:9 equates the camp of God's people with the city he loves. The city in the context of the end of the Rev is not the harlot but the new one, which came down after this earth was vanquished, 21:2. Got it?

What I mean by your imagination is that you flit to some other passage--ANY other passage that you can to destroy the plain meaning of the one before us. And then you don't really read it! Half the women of the good guys are raped! Go Jerry! What a victory!

Then you don't deal with real questions such as:

Meanwhile, guess who is putting unbelievers in DNA Israel and civic Israel all the time? D'ists. It's Israel to them by blood alone, no matter what beliefs.

Who cares about unbelievers in some future Jerusalem battle when you do that?

Logic, please.

john w

Hall of Fame
Tet.: Fulfilled A.D. 70....Fulfilled in Christ....Darby....Don't you believe the bible/God/"Jesus?"....Darby....You are in denial....Fulfilled in Christ....Bullinger.....You follow the teachings of fallable men.....You follow the teachings of men....Darby....fulfilled in Christ.....Darby.....

SaulToPaul 2

Heb 11 distinguishes between Jews who believe and not even in the OT besides the NT when they are combined with Gentiles. It is your problem that you have obsolete categories in your brain.

:chuckle:

Interplanner

The pattern I notice the most about Jerry is that when real questions are asked he sort of disappears, like here for example.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

70AD

john w

Hall of Fame

Are you an antiSemite, little chin/arms Craigie?

Craigie suffers another fatal death knell, as he is in denial, refuses to answer the question, which destroys his "invented" AD 70-ism/Preterism!!!!!!!

Right, little chin/arms Craigie? Yes...