ECT Gospel of Grace

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why in the world would anyone think someone needed to preach to the Jews about God's grace? To the Jews God's grace was a given.

DAN P

Do you have a verse that proves Jews didn't already know about God's grace?

Hi and am have proof , Acts 15:11 !!

Explain what that means , GRASSHOPPER !!

And I do have another one AND do you have one ??

What does Grace mean ?

dan p

DAN P

If the Jews knew that they were saved by grace through faith then why did they ask the Lord Jesus what they must do to inherit eternal life?

Hi Jerry and jamie did not answer Acts 15:11 or can you answer it ??

For one , it speaks of two gospels !!

What say tou ??

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If the Jews knew that they were saved by grace through faith then why did they ask the Lord Jesus what they must do to inherit eternal life?

Sometimes we don't realize that we know something. For example what Jew did not know that the nation of Israel was born by grace? The Jews rehearse God's grace each year.

Exodus 12:42 It is a night of solemn observance to the LORD for bringing them out of the land of Egypt. This is that night of the LORD, a solemn observance for all the children of Israel throughout their generations.

Jacob's people were brought out of Egypt by God's grace. They did not fight there way out of Egypt nor did they buy their way out of Egypt. God delivered them by his grace.

Jerry Shugart

Sometimes we don't realize that we know something. For example what Jew did not know that the nation of Israel was born by grace? The Jews rehearse God's grace each year.

Exodus 12:42 It is a night of solemn observance to the LORD for bringing them out of the land of Egypt. This is that night of the LORD, a solemn observance for all the children of Israel throughout their generations.

Jacob's people were brought out of Egypt by God's grace. They did not fight there way out of Egypt nor did they buy their way out of Egypt. God delivered them by his grace.

Nothing which you quote is even speaking of an individual's salvation being on the principle of grace.

Interplanner

Nothing which you quote is even speaking of an individual's salvation being on the principle of grace.

There is the famous Deuteronomy passage 'I did not choose you because of your righteousness but because I loved you' but even so, the exodus was only a shadow or type or copy of the one that was coming in Christ, Lk 9, Hebrews.

It was post exilic Judaism that erred horribly by replacing the promise with the law (Gal 3:17) and tried to obligate God; hence, 'works of the law.'

Jerry Shugart

What principle do you believe salvation is based on if not grace?

"And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live"
(Lk.10:25-28).​

A person has the ability to inherit eternal life on these terms but not the will. At some point he decides to go his own way instead of the Lord's way.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live" (Lk.10:25-28).​

A person has the ability to inherit eternal life on these terms but not the will. At some point he decides to go his own way instead of the Lord's way.

The carnal mind is not subject to God's law and can't be, it's not possible.

To keep the law requires God's Spirit and the gift of God's Spirit is eternal life.

I suspect Jesus knew all this.

Jerry Shugart

The carnal mind is not subject to God's law and can't be, it's not possible.

To keep the law requires God's Spirit and the gift of God's Spirit is eternal life.

I suspect Jesus knew all this.

If it is not possible then why did the Lord Jesus say this in "bold" to the man?:

"And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live"
(Lk.10:25-28).​

DAN P

Why do you think that verse speaks of two gospels?

Hi and it is easy for me !!

Who is the WE a sinular pronoun , when speaking for other persons , so it is Peter speaking for those under the LAW and that is the CONTEXT !!

And through the GRACE of God that Jesus Christ will give to those under the Law , to be SAVED as they ( under gospel of Grace ) ALSO !!

I had to go back and enter this !!

The verb WE BLIEVE is in ther Greek PRESENT TENSE and speaks to the time that Peter is speaking Acts 15:11 !!

The second verb ,WESHALL BE SAVED and is in the Greek AORIST TENSE and speaks as mto the point in time when God started to save all by the preaching of thre Gospel of thr Grace of God by Paul and ONLY by Paul which is different message that were NEVER preach by the 12 Apost\les !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi and it is easy for me !!

Who is the WE a sinular pronoun , when speaking for other persons , so it is Peter speaking for those under the LAW and that is the CONTEXT !!

And through the GRACE of God that Jesus Christ will give to those under the Law , to be SAVED as they ( under gospel of Grace ) ALSO !!

I cannot see in your answer any reference to "two gospels."

What am I missing?

DAN P

I cannot see in your answer any reference to "two gospels."

What am I missing?

Hi and I just added more to my answer , so go back and read again !

It is hard for many NOT to see that Peter was always a LAW KEEPER and that afyter Acts 15 Peter disapprears and James takes over in Acts 21:18 and also in Gal 2 !!

dan p

DAN P

OK, I get your point now.

Do you think that Peter was saved by believing the "gospel of grace"?

Hi Jerry and Peter will ALWAYS be a Jew and sit on 12 thrones with all the other disciples Judging Israel in the Millennium and GAL 3:28 PROVES it all beyond a DOUBT !!

If all Jews are in the B O C Then there will never be any Jews to OCCUPY the Millennium !

Today any Jew that is saved by GRACE and the preaching of the MYSTERY is IN the B O C and all LOSE their IDENTITY
in Christ as per Gal 3:28 !!

dan p