ECT ARE YOU UN-PARDONABLE ??

DAN P

Hi to all and I believe that Matt12:31 and 32 is mis-understood !!

Matt 12:31 reads , Wherefore I say unto you ALL manner of Sin and Blasphemy SHALL BE forgiven unto men , BUT the Blasphemy AGAINST the Holy Spirit SHALL NOT BE forgiven unto men !!

#1 The first verb is I SAY is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE of Contiuous action during Jesus earthly ministry , pure an SIMPLE !!

#2, The second verb is in the FUTURE TENSE and that is because we have a NEAR VIEW and a FAR VIEW !!

#3 , The NEAR VIEW is to those in Jesus earthly ministry !

#4 The FAR VIEW will happen during the Gfreat Tribulation and that is why the FUTURE TENSE is used , here !!

#5 The third verb is also in the FUTURE TENSE and it also in the Near and Far view !!

#6 This so-called UN-PARONABLE sin happenned during Jesus earthly ministry AND can never happen again as Jesus is not here , so that the PHARISEES can not say that Jesus had HAD AN UNCLEAN SPIRIT in Mark 3:30 !!

One has said that the Body of Christ began in Acts 7 , so where is that found ??

The Body of Christ began with ONE MAN called Paul in Acts 9:6 PERIOD !!

Just another wrong teaching , like Acts 11 an 13 , and Acts 28er !!

dan p

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Matt 12:31 reads , Wherefore I say unto you ALL manner of Sin and Blasphemy SHALL BE forgiven unto men , BUT the Blasphemy AGAINST the Holy Spirit SHALL NOT BE forgiven unto men !!

#1 The first verb is I SAY is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE of Contiuous action during Jesus earthly ministry , pure an SIMPLE !!

#2, The second verb is in the FUTURE TENSE and that is because we have a NEAR VIEW and a FAR VIEW !!

#4 The FAR VIEW will happen during teh Gfreat Tribulation and that is why the FUTURE TENSE is used , here !!

#5 The third verb is also in the FUTURE TENSE and it also in the Near and Far view !!

#6 This so-called UN-PARONABLE sin happenned during Jesus earthly ministry AND can never happen again as Jesus is not here , so that the PHARISEES can not say that Jesus had HAD AN UNCLEAN SPIRIT in Mark 3:30 !!

One has said that the Body of Christ began in Acts 7 , so where is that found ??

dan p

The body of Christ began in Mary.

The Spiritual body of Christ, which is His Bride began on the day of Pentecost.

Paul began nothing.

LA

Interplanner

Paul began nothing.

LA

He means the Christian community when he's referring to the body. I don't know what he does with the cloud of witnesses of Heb 11, 12.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

#4 The FAR VIEW will happen during teh Gfreat Tribulation and that is why the FUTURE TENSE is used , here !!

dan p

I especially like #6 DP. Absent of any other Scriptures explaining the verse, we're forced to assume that it had to do with that particular situation with the Pharisees. Otherwise, it's up to personal speculation of what "The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit MIGHT mean?"

An example would be, it means that anyone who rejects the Gospel would be committing the "Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit." That's only meant as an example.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, is to attribute the work of God to be of the devil, or to claim Jesus or His sons are of the devil and not repent of it.

LA

DAN P

I especially like #6 DP. Absent of any other Scriptures explaining the verse, we're forced to assume that it had to do with that particular situation with the Pharisees. Otherwise, it's up to personal speculation of what "The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit MIGHT mean?"

An example would be, it means that anyone who rejects the Gospel would be committing the "Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit." That's only meant as an example.

Hi and I hold as to what I wrote !!

The Jews have two examples , One is their saying that Jesus had an UN-CLEAN SPIRIT and the other is in Heb 10:29 for they have TRODDEN UNDER FOOT the Son of God !!

Under Grace we are " in Christ " or NOT !!

dan p

DAN P

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, is to attribute the work of God to be of the devil, or to claim Jesus or His sons are of the devil and not repent of it.

LA

Hi mand Mark 3:30 speaks OMLY to Jesus , so why are you adding " or His sons " !!

dan p

DAN P

Paul began nothing.

LA

Hi and IF the Body of Christ began in Mary , produce a verse that proves it , OR is it just a FLAPDOODLE and start your own OP on that subject !!

dan p

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dan P Misunderstands the Unpardonable Sin

Dan P Misunderstands the Unpardonable Sin

You apparently do not understand what you claim others do not understand.

Matthew 12:31 describes the sin attributing to Satan (e.g., exorcisms described in previous verses) the work of the Holy Spirit. In other words the unforgiveable sin was rejecting the Holy Spirit's testimony to Christ. After all, it is blasphemy of the Spirit.

This is a sin that is only possible by the reprobate. When men encounter the truth, and harden themselves against it, they are but finishing the process—humanly speaking—of their own condemnation. The Pharisees literally saw with physical eyes the power of God, exercised in the man Christ Jesus, wholly infilled and purely and perfectly directed by the Holy Spirit. By Our Lord's infallible testimony, these persons had understood sufficiently what manner of gracious power was at work right in front of them to command their devotion—and instead they preferred to attribute those wonderful words and works to Satan. Such willful blindness is almost inconceivable.

The same Holy Spirit is at work today, still bearing witness to Our Lord. Hence, I would claim that those who read the Spirit's account of Christ's ministry in the New Testament, and say "that's a fairy tale," are in the exact same position as the leaders who rejected Christ in those days of Matthew 12. If you put out your own eyes, God has no obligation to rectify that condition, allowing you to see again that you might be saved. In fact, it is most likely that such was God's foreordained means by which you would merit your hopeless destiny.

"Woe to you Chorazin! Woe to you Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes... And you Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to hell; for if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say to you that it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you" (Matthew 11:21-24).

The unregenerate elect cannot commit the unforgiveable sin, else election is impossible, not to mention it would be a situation of pardoning that which is unpardonable, a contradiction. The regenerate elect, who have the Spirit indwelling them, cannot commit the unpardonable sin as it is impossible for them to blaspheme He who will, according to God's own fruition of time, indwell them.

AMR

Last edited:

DAN P

You apparently do not understand what you claim others do not understand.

Matthew 12:31 describes the sin attributing to Satan (e.g., exorcisms described in previous verses) the work of the Holy Spirit. In other words the unforgiveable sin was rejecting the Holy Spirit's testimony to Christ. After all, it is blasphemy of the Spirit.

This is a sin that is only possible by the reprobate. When men encounter the truth, and harden themselves against it, they are but finishing the process—humanly speaking—of their own condemnation. The Pharisees literally saw with physical eyes the power of God, exercised in the man Christ Jesus, wholly infilled and purely and perfectly directed by the Holy Spirit. By Our Lord's infallible testimony, these persons had understood sufficiently what manner of gracious power was at work right in front of them to command their devotion—and instead they preferred to attribute those wonderful words and works to Satan. Such willful blindness is almost inconceivable.

The same Holy Spirit is at work today, still bearing witness to Our Lord. Hence, I would claim that those who read the Spirit's account of Christ's ministry in the New Testament, and say "that's a fairy tale," are in the exact same position as the leaders who rejected Christ in those days of Matthew 12. If you put out your own eyes, God has no obligation to rectify that condition, allowing you to see again that you might be saved. In fact, it is most likely that such was God's foreordained means by which you would merit your hopeless destiny.

"Woe to you Chorazin! Woe to you Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes... And you Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to hell; for if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say to you that it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you" (Matthew 11:21-24).

The unregenerate elect cannot commit the unforgiveable sin, else election is impossible, not to mention it would be a situation of pardoning that which is unpardonable, a contradiction. The regenerate elect, who have the Spirit indwelling them, cannot commit the unpardonable sin as it is impossible for them to blaspheme He who will, according to God's own fruition of time, indwell them.

AMR

Hi and In one point you are correct and I believe in 1 cOR 12: THAT no one " Therefore , I make known to you that NO ONE speaking by God's Spirit says that Jesus ( is ) ACCURSED " !!

I hold to what I have written and the UN-pardonable SIN can not be committed today !!

dan p