ECT As a man, could Jesus have uniquely "human" and "God" experiences?

Right Divider

Body part
You claim to be in the body of Christ but then you claim you are not part of the Chief Shepherd's flock.
Once AGAIN, you are trying to be part of something that God is NOT currently doing. You are a poser.

God never calls the body of Christ a flock of sheep. That is something that He specifically calls Israel.

Why does the apostle of the gentiles neglect to EVEN ONCE call the Lord Jesus Christ a shepherd?

That's a pretty glaring omission if it were true that we are His sheep and He is our shepherd. THIRTEEN epistles and NOT ONE mention of such an arrangement.

Read Ezekiel 34 and get back to us.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God never calls the body of Christ a flock of sheep.

Matthew 15:24 But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Gentiles are not the lost sheep of Israel.

Matthew 15:26 But He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs.”

Sheep, bread, and dogs is used metaphorically, not literally.

If Jesus Christ saw you he wouldn't know you, you are not of his flock.

Jesus was sent to offer the lost sheep of Israel the Father's kingdom.

Right Divider

Body part
Matthew 15:24 But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Gentiles are not the lost sheep of Israel.
No kidding.

Matthew 15:26 But He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs.”

Sheep, bread, and dogs is used metaphorically, not literally.
No kidding.

If Jesus Christ saw you he wouldn't know you, you are not of his flock.
He knows me quite well, I'm part of His BODY!

Jesus was sent to offer the lost sheep of Israel the Father's kingdom.
Your understanding of Israel and the body of Christ is ZERO.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
He knows me quite well, I'm part of His BODY!

Only those who have God's Spirit are part of his body.

Paul said, "Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock." (Acts 20:28-29)

You said, "That's a pretty glaring omission if it were true that we are His sheep and He is our shepherd. THIRTEEN epistles and NOT ONE mention of such an arrangement."

You are obviously not part of what Paul referred to as Jesus' flock, you're not part of his church. You are an interloper.

Right Divider

Body part
Only those who have God's Spirit are part of his body.
Indeed, I received the Spirit by faith.

Paul said, "Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock." (Acts 20:28-29)

You said, "That's a pretty glaring omission if it were true that we are His sheep and He is our shepherd. THIRTEEN epistles and NOT ONE mention of such an arrangement."
I guess that you don't even know who wrote the book of Acts.

You are obviously not part of what Paul referred to as Jesus' flock, you're not part of his church. You are an interloper.
I am part of what Paul calls the BODY OF CHRIST. Part of HIS flesh and HIS bones (Eph 5:30)

A sheep it NOT part of HIS BODY.

Get with God's CURRENT PROGRAM... quit trying to be something and someone that you cannot be.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
OK, so you don't believe what is recorded. Is that because you don't believe Acts 20 is past the mid-point of Acts.

I quoted what Paul said as recorded in Acts because you said you believed all scripture. I see that's not true.

Also, and I know you won't believe this because it's not in a Pauline epistle, but Paul said that Jesus purchased the church of God with his own blood. The church is his body of those who are in compliance with the instructions given by those to whom he gave the keys to the kingdom, which you reject.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Body of Christ is His Bride--

Gen 2:21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
Gen 2:22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
Gen 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Eph 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

LA

Right Divider

Body part
OK, so you don't believe what is recorded. Is that because you don't believe Acts 20 is past the mid-point of Acts.

I quoted what Paul said as recorded in Acts because you said you believed all scripture. I see that's not true.

Also, and I know you won't believe this because it's not in a Pauline epistle, but Paul said that Jesus purchased the church of God with his own blood. The church is his body of those who are in compliance with the instructions given by those to whom he gave the keys to the kingdom, which you reject.
jamie, you are just amazingly stubborn to continue to try to force the scripture to fit your desire.

Paul received continued REVELATION after Acts 9. It's NOT a light switch.

I believe ALL of the scripture; just not in the ridiculously twisted and illogical fashion that you do.

Paul's CALLING is in Acts 9. That does NOT mean that God revealed ALL THINGS to him in Acts 9.

2Cor 12:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:1) It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.

2Cor 12:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:7) And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

The bottom line is that ISRAEL is NOT the body of Christ and the body of Christ is NOT ISRAEL. That's not going to change no matter how you try to TWIST the scripture.