ECT As a man, could Jesus have uniquely "human" and "God" experiences?

SimpleMan77

As a man, could Jesus have uniquely "human" and "God" experiences?

If we accept, for the purpose of this conversation, that Jesus was both God and man, is it possible that he had uniquely "human" and "God" experiences while he was here as a man?

The Bible plainly says that God cannot be tempted with sin, yet we know that Jesus was "tempted in all points like as we are, yet without sin". I'd say this was a uniquely "human" experience.

Jesus also knew the thoughts of them in around him. He also said "before Abraham was, I am". He accepted worship, and being called "my Lord and my God". I'd say these were uniquely "God experiences".

If he could have both types of experiences, what does that say about the duality of His nature, and what are the implications for understanding other parts of scripture?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was a man. Jesus is a man.

It was only after the coming down from Heaven of the Fathers Spirit to Him that he did any miracle.

Jesus was the Word of God in mans form through some thirty years of ministry of His Father to Him with its relevant experiences of sufferings in a hostile world from his family and friends and others before His baptism.

We can be sure that Jesus suffered in like manner as did Joseph before He began to reign as King over Israel of the time.

Only after His ministry was finished did He then suffer from the heart to the extreme as also the Father has throughout this creation.

LA

SimpleMan77

Id love to hear some honest thoughts on this. It's a subject I've not fully explored in my mind, and I'm really interested in the thoughts of others on it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Id love to hear some honest thoughts on this. It's a subject I've not fully explored in my mind, and I'm really interested in the thoughts of others on it.

We can only know the Father through Jesus humanity.

Many do not know Him because they do not confess Gods son by their saying the son is God, the second person of an eternal Godhead which existed before time.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Joh 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Joh 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Joh 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lazy... he turned water into wine BEFORE he was baptized and entered his ministry.

Balony.

He was God-Man from his conception in the womb.

Then He was not made like us.

Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
Heb 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Jesus is the first born of many sons.

LA

COGTHW

We can only know the Father through Jesus humanity.

Many do not know Him because they do not confess Gods son by their saying the son is God, the second person of an eternal Godhead which existed before time.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Joh 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Joh 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Joh 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

LA

Jesus was 100% Man
Luke 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

Jesus is 100% God
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Scriptures say He is the Mighty God.

Scriptures say there is only one God.

Isaiah 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Jesus is God, God wrapped Himself in flesh.
1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Jesus is God real name.
John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
Jesus said the name of God is Jesus.

There is no Godheads. There is only One.! One God.! To say there is 2&3 Godhead you making God into a lie.He has no equal. There is only one.
Isaiah 40:25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.

To say there is Godheads is a mutant God with 3 heads.!! You have one so do God He has one head.The Scriptures don't speak of a "Godheads" but only one. There are no heads just one. Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the Godhead
Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

The Father is Jesus Christ, the Son is Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost is Jesus Christ.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was 100% Man
Luke 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

Jesus is 100% God
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Scriptures say He is the Mighty God.

Scriptures say there is only one God.

Isaiah 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Jesus is God, God wrapped Himself in flesh.
1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Jesus is God real name.
John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
Jesus said the name of God is Jesus.

There is no Godheads. There is only One.! One God.! To say there is 2&3 Godhead you making God into a lie.He has no equal. There is only one.
Isaiah 40:25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.

To say there is Godheads is a mutant God with 3 heads.!! You have one so do God He has one head.The Scriptures don't speak of a "Godheads" but only one. There are no heads just one. Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the Godhead
Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

The Father is Jesus Christ, the Son is Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost is Jesus Christ.

Do you know poster "Gods Truth"?

LA

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

It's really simple, God is not flesh and blood. Jesus said humans must be born of the Spirit, Jesus was born of a woman.

God was never born of a woman, those who are born of the flesh are flesh.

Those born of water by resurrection are begotten by the Father as his children.

SimpleMan77

It's really simple, God is not flesh and blood. Jesus said humans must be born of the Spirit, Jesus was born of a woman.

God was never born of a woman, those who are born of the flesh are flesh.

Those born of water by resurrection are begotten by the Father as his children.

So Jesus was not God, no more than you or I are? The biological son of God, but not God?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Balony.

Then He was not made like us.

Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
Heb 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
Heb 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Jesus is the first born of many sons.

LA

Hebrews was written to the Hebrews. Learn to "Rightly Divide" the word.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So Jesus was not God, no more than you or I are? The biological son of God, but not God?

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Jesus was born once by a woman just as we are born once. Years later he was born again by his resurrection from death just as he foreshadowed for us in his baptism.

SimpleMan77

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Jesus was born once by a woman just as we are born once. Years later he was born again by his resurrection from death just as he foreshadowed for us in his baptism.

In Revelation 1:8, Jesus said: I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Isaiah 9:6 says the Son's name would be called both the Mighty God and the Everlasting Father.

Jesus accepted worship, which no angel or righteous man ever did or ever will do. Only God, deceived individuals, and demonic powers ever receive worship. I'll let you decide which one describes Him...

SimpleMan77

Jesus was/is: God the Son.

Do you think every experience Jesus experienced was as God, or were some experienced as a man?

For example, when Jesus called the Father "my God", it is absolutely a positional statement of subordination. There is no way to be equal with your God. Was this a human experience, or a God experience?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus accepted worship, which no angel or righteous man ever did or ever will do.

Jesus is God, but God is a generic term like human or like angel. Jesus was born of the Spirit as Spirit.

Titus 3:4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared...

So who was Paul referring to as God our Savior?

Titus 3:6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior...

We are not saved by Jesus' death, we are saved by his life in us.

The Father is in Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ is in us. They are the Holy Spirit according to Paul.