ECT Jesus baptism by John was not the Old coveant baptism as of others.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus baptism by John was not the Old covenant baptism as of others.

Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
Mat 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

John did not understand why Jesus had to be baptized.

Believers who have come out of the world (Egypt)to hear Christ speak to them, are in the wilderness until they are either baptized according to acts 2:38 in going over Jordan, or until their physical deaths and raising from the dead when it will be determined if they shall live forever.

Those who go over Jordan as Jesus did, are the Sons of God.

LA

DAN P

Jesus baptism by John was not the Old covenant baptism as of others.

Mat 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
Mat 3:14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
Mat 3:15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Mat 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

John did not understand why Jesus had to be baptized.

Believers who have come out of the world (Egypt)to hear Christ speak to them, are in the wilderness until they are either baptized according to acts 2:38 in going over Jordan, or until their physical deaths and raising from the dead when it will be determined if they shall live forever.

Those who go over Jordan as Jesus did, are the Sons of God.

LA

Hi and who " as the others " ARE ?

In Isa 40 :3-5 all can that this is a PROPHECY of Matt 3 and it is OT or Old Covenant , to be sure !!

dan p