ECT If We Would Judge Ourselves We Should Not Be Judged (1 Cor.11:31).

DAN P

Since in the Body of Christ there is no difference between the Jew other people that means that at some point in time national Israel was temporarily set aside. That is because the Lord cannot act at the same time upon two wholly different and incompatible principles. In other words, He cannot deal with the Jews as a special people at the same time when He declares that there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek.

Therefore we can conclude that before the Lord could begin to build His heavenly Church He must have first temporarily cast aside national Israel. I believe that this happened when Stephen was stoned at Acts 7. In The Berean Searchlight Win Johnson wrote:

"Matthew 12:31,32 states: 'Wherefore I say unto you, all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world [age], neither in the world to come.'

"These words of warning came from the lips of the Son of God while He walked among men in His earthly ministry. They were addressed to the religious leaders of the nation Israel. Their blasphemy against Him even when He hung on the Cross was forgiven by the Father in answer to the prayer, 'Father forgive them, for they know not what they do' (Luke 23:34).

"But when at Pentecost, Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, announced the return of Messiah on the condition of Israel's national repentance, these leaders instigated a persecution that reached its climax in the stoning of Stephen, a godly man, 'full of the Holy Ghost' (Acts 7:54-60). It was here that the 'unpardonable sin' was committed by Israel's leaders. The Third Person of the Trinity had been blasphemed and His pleadings through the Apostles ignored. This sin will never be forgiven" (Win Johnson, "The Unpardonable Sin,"
The Berean Searchlight, Feb.2001, p.6).

The "unpardonable sin" was committed at Acts 7, and I believe that at that point in time national Israel was temporarily set aside. I believe that at that time the Holy Spirit baptized all believers into the Church, which is His Body.

After all, what was the Lord to do with the Jewish believers since He had concluded the nation of Israel as a whole in unbelief?:

"For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all" (Ro.11:30-32).

Hi and are you saying BAPTIZED as in 1 Cor 12:13 ??

dan p

Jerry Shugart

I would say yes.

When a believer is baptized into the Body of Christ his life becomes immersed into Jesus Christ:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son" (1 Jn.5:11).

DAN P

I would say yes.

When a believer is baptized into the Body of Christ his life becomes immersed into Jesus Christ:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son" (1 Jn.5:11).

Hi and in 1 Cor 12:13 it says the Holy Spirit DOES the BAPTIZO !!

Where is the WATER here ??

Where does man have any thing to do with BAPTIZO into the Body of Christ ??

You are KIDDING , RIGHT ?

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi and in 1 Cor 12:13 it says the Holy Spirit DOES the BAPTIZO !!

Where is the WATER here ??

Where does man have any thing to do with BAPTIZO into the Body of Christ ??

You are KIDDING , RIGHT ?

I never said that 1 Corinthians 12:13 is speaking of water baptism. In fact, on this forum I have argued that the baptism of 1 Corinthians 12:13 is the ONE BAPTISM of Ephesians 4:5 and therefore water baptism is not for today.

DAN P

Since in the Body of Christ there is no difference between the Jew other people that means that at some point in time national Israel was temporarily set aside. That is because the Lord cannot act at the same time upon two wholly different and incompatible principles. In other words, He cannot deal with the Jews as a special people at the same time when He declares that there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek.

Therefore we can conclude that before the Lord could begin to build His heavenly Church He must have first temporarily cast aside national Israel. I believe that this happened when Stephen was stoned at Acts 7. In The Berean Searchlight Win Johnson wrote:

"Matthew 12:31,32 states: 'Wherefore I say unto you, all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world [age], neither in the world to come.'

"These words of warning came from the lips of the Son of God while He walked among men in His earthly ministry. They were addressed to the religious leaders of the nation Israel. Their blasphemy against Him even when He hung on the Cross was forgiven by the Father in answer to the prayer, 'Father forgive them, for they know not what they do' (Luke 23:34).

"But when at Pentecost, Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, announced the return of Messiah on the condition of Israel's national repentance, these leaders instigated a persecution that reached its climax in the stoning of Stephen, a godly man, 'full of the Holy Ghost' (Acts 7:54-60). It was here that the 'unpardonable sin' was committed by Israel's leaders. The Third Person of the Trinity had been blasphemed and His pleadings through the Apostles ignored. This sin will never be forgiven" (Win Johnson, "The Unpardonable Sin,"
The Berean Searchlight, Feb.2001, p.6).

The "unpardonable sin" was committed at Acts 7, and I believe that at that point in time national Israel was temporarily set aside. I believe that at that time the Holy Spirit baptized all believers into the Church, which is His Body.

After all, what was the Lord to do with the Jewish believers since He had concluded the nation of Israel as a whole in unbelief?:

"For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all" (Ro.11:30-32).

Hi Jerry and I asked a simple question , WHERE did the Body of Christ begin !!

dan p

DAN P

I answered by saying that the Body of Christ began at Acts 7. Here is what I said:

Hi and I mis-understood you , and you believe the Body of Christ began in Acts 7 with the Un-pardonable sin !!

Where does it say that in Acyts 7 since the Un-pardonable Sin has NOTHING to do with the B O C !!

Grace did not begin with Israel but began with a Jew called Paul in Acts 9:6 and as Gal 1:15 and in Rom 1:1 and this means you are OFF the Radar with Acts 7 !!

dan p