ECT The Mission Launched at Pentecost

Right Divider

Body part
Peter said that he preached the "Gospel of God"
Chapter and verse.

Paul said, over and over, that he preached the "Gospel of God".
Chapter and verse.

Did they preach the same thing? Either titles of the Gospel here mean they were preaching the same thing or not.
Since Peter was not given the message of that God gave to Paul, no... you're wrong about that.

The LORD can do as He pleases and it pleased Him to have a plan for the earth and also one for heaven. They will be made one in Christ someday.

Eph 1:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:10) That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him:

Peter:
Acts 3:21 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Paul:
Rom 16:25 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:25) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Cannot be the same exact same things.

Danoh

Peter said that he preached the "Gospel of God"

Paul said, over and over, that he preached the "Gospel of God".

Did they preach the same thing? Either titles of the Gospel here mean they were preaching the same thing or not.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Again, as with any group within any school of thought; it depends on which Mid-Acts Dispensationalist you ask.

Speaking for myself as to that: both Peter and Paul had preached the gospel of, or from God, that Jesus was the Propheised Son of God Whose resurrection from the dead proved He was said Prophesied Son.

Peter preached this same Prophesied Jesus in accordance with what else had been Prophesied about Him as to Israel.

In contrast, Paul preached this same Prophesied Jesus in accordance with what had been kept a Mystery about Him as to a New Creature: the Body of Christ, until Paul.

And there are many distinctions between both Israel's Prophecy and the Body's Mystery.

Right Divider

Body part
Again, as with any group within any school of thought; it depends on which Mid-Acts Dispensationalist you ask.

Speaking for myself as to that: both Peter and Paul had preached the gospel of, or from God, that Jesus was the Propheised Son of God Whose resurrection from the dead proved He was said Prophesied Son.

Peter preached this same Prophesied Jesus in accordance with what else had been Prophesied about Him as to Israel.

In contrast, Paul preached this same Prophesied Jesus in accordance with what had been kept a Mystery about Him as to a New Creature: the Body of Christ, until Paul.

And there are many distinctions between both Israel's Prophecy and the Body's Mystery.
Yes, there are many of the same things that they taught.

Many think and mischaracterize MAD as saying:
  • That EVERYTHING that Paul taught was different
  • That the things that Paul taught CONTRADICT the things that Peter taught
  • That we reject everything that Paul didn't teach
  • etc. etc. etc.
Things that were spoken since the world began and things that were kept secret since the world began CANNOT be the exact same things.

Danoh

• etc. etc. etc.
Things that were spoken since the world began and things that were kept secret since the world began CANNOT be the exact same things.

Yep :thumb:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

• etc. etc. etc.
Yeppers.

dodge

The mission began at Pentecost but was postponed when Israel rejected Jesus Christ as their promised Messiah. Here are Peter's words spoken to the nation of Israel on that day:

"Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, that the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you" (Acts 3:19-20).

Since Israel rejected the Lord Jesus the Lord chose Paul to be the Apostle of the Gentiles and therefore the mission which depended on Israel was put on hold. A new stewardship or dispensation began with Paul during the Mid-Acts period of time.

Goy ya, 3000 folks being saved through grace at Pentecost by the moving of the Holy Spirit was a practice run and the real "mystery" to be revealed was waiting on Paul. You do see how ridiculous that is I hope.

Do all Madist see Pentecost as a failure through the rejection of Jesus, which by the way had already happened before Pentecost ever happened ?

Danoh

Goy ya, 3000 folks being saved through grace at Pentecost by the moving of the Holy Spirit was a practice run and the real "mystery" to be revealed was waiting on Paul. You do see how ridiculous that is I hope.

Do all Madist see Pentecost as a failure through the rejection of Jesus, which by the way had already happened before Pentecost ever happened ?

You are not only too uniformed but too quick to read your own notions into the assertions of another for anyone to get through to you.

You're just too far behind.

Made worse by your obviously long established habit - your habit of reading things into the passages, as well.

Early Matthew thru Acts is Israelite.

Meaning, a great deal of time is needed in the OT: becoming more than very familiar with its Mosaic culture before even attempting to sit down to attempt to make sense of any of Matt. thru Early Acts.

Take a good three years off, doing that much.

Then come back; see if your dodge ball is at least able to keep up.

Sheesh - why do you think those five books keep referring back to "the Law and the Prophets?"

What you have ended up believing is much like concluding that because the U.S.M.C. and the U.S.A.F. are both U.S. Military, they both therefor have the exact same purpose, function, training, and "marching orders."

You've been viewing the Scripture like "a civilian" - your incompetence is that...obvious.

DAN P

I assume that you are aware that every Old Testament prophecy of Israel doesn't refer to the natural nation of Israel?

At the end of Paul's awesome defense of Grace over Mosaic Law (the book of Galatians), he made this statement:

Galatians 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

The two concepts go hand-in-glove. We aren't under Mosaic Law, and those "children of promise" (those saved by grace through faith) are the new Israel of God.

Hi and since you quoted Gal 6:16 will you answer the following :

#1 Who is the Israel of God ?

#2 , What does " and as many as will walk " what does this mean ??

#3 , What doe it mean " walk by this STANDARD " mean ??

#4 What are the STANDARDS ??

#5 And I forgot to include what the Verb WALK / STAICHEO is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE it is only those in the Great Tribulation !!

dan p

dodge

You are not only too uniformed but too quick to read your own notions into the assertions of another for anyone to get through to you.

You're just too far behind.

Made worse by your obviously long established habit - your habit of reading things into the passages, as well.

Early Matthew thru Acts is Israelite.

Meaning, a great deal of time is needed in the OT: becoming more than very familiar with its Mosaic culture before even attempting to sit down to attempt to make sense of any of Matt. thru Early Acts.

Take a good three years off, doing that much.

Then come back; see if your dodge ball is at least able to keep up.

Sheesh - why do you think those five books keep referring back to "the Law and the Prophets?"

What you have ended up believing is much like concluding that because the U.S.M.C. and the U.S.A.F. are both U.S. Military, they both therefor have the exact same purpose, function, training, and "marching orders."

You've been viewing the Scripture like "a civilian" - your incompetence is that...obvious.

It takes that many years to learn not to trust scripture or God ? No thanks, I will stay with what scripture actually teaches.

SimpleMan77

Hi and since you quoted Gal 6:16 will you answer the following :

#1 Who is the Israel of God ?

#2 , What does " and as many as will walk " what does this mean ??

#3 , What doe it mean " walk by this STANDARD " mean ??

#4 What are the STANDARDS ??

#5 And I forgot to include what the Verb WALK / STAICHEO is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE it is only those in the Great Tribulation !!

dan p

The NIV reads this way:

Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule--to the Israel of God

The "standard" is that circumcision (and the Mosaic Law in general) is no longer the qualification for being one of God's chosen people. Being made a "new creation" by the Spirit is THE new qualification (see verse 15).

Those who accept this truth and are themselves "new creatures" are the "Israel of God". Those who teach and practice otherwise aren't.

Paul is making a strong statement that the false teachers (Judaizers) who had tried to hijack the faith of the Galatians are not a part of the "Israel of God", while the Galatian church, without keeping the law, is a part.

Keep in mind that the Judaizers neither were sent by the Apostles nor had their blessing. They were rogue preachers, probably of the same sort as the Pharisees in Acts 15.

Danoh

The NIV reads this way:

The "standard" is that circumcision (and the Mosaic Law in general) is no longer the qualification for being one of God's chosen people. Being made a "new creation" by the Spirit is THE new qualification (see verse 15).

Those who accept this truth and are themselves "new creatures" are the "Israel of God". Those who teach and practice otherwise aren't.

Paul is making a strong statement that the false teachers (Judaizers) who had tried to hijack the faith of the Galatians are not a part of the "Israel of God", while the Galatian church, without keeping the law, is a part.

Keep in mind that the Judaizers neither were sent by the Apostles nor had their blessing. They were rogue preachers, probably of the same sort as the Pharisees in Acts 15.

Nope; he is referring to his hope that the peace that both groups had had after the Acts 15 council had settled the circumcision and the Law issue, but that had been disrupted by the reintroduction of the Judaizer's nonsense once more, might once more be their peace.

He even relates in Galatians 2 his having had to remind Peter of said agreement and its' resulting peace.

And He and James had also talked about this in the following...

Acts 21:18 And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. 21:19 And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry. 21:20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: 21:21 And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.

21:25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

You see that?

The Israel of God had rightly remained under the Law.

Romans 2:17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, 2:18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; 2:19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.

2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

Whereas it is obvious from James' words to Paul that those Jews and Gentiles under Paul - the Body of Christ - were not under the Law.

Note what Paul wrote to those Jews at Rome...

Romans 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

SimpleMan77

Nope; he is referring to his hope that the peace that both groups had had after the Acts 15 council had settled the circumcision and the Law issue, but that had been disrupted by the reintroduction of the Judaizer's nonsense once more, might once more be their peace.

He even relates in Galatians 2 his having had to remind Peter of said agreement and its' resulting peace.

And He and James had also talked about this in the following...

Acts 21:18 And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. 21:19 And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry. 21:20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: 21:21 And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.

21:25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

You see that?

The Israel of God had rightly remained under the Law.

Romans 2:17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, 2:18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; 2:19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.

2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

Whereas it is obvious from James' words to Paul that those Jews and Gentiles under Paul - the Body of Christ - were not under the Law.

Note what Paul wrote to those Jews at Rome...

Romans 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

I honestly thought this would be common ground for us. I see how, from your perspective your view makes sense. Do you not think that the following verse could also support the idea that Paul believed in a spiritual Israel?

Romans 2:28-29
For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

If Paul did indeed believe in a spiritual Israel, his use of the term "Israel of God" would be consistent with that belief in my opinion.

DAN P

The NIV reads this way:

Hi , and Gal 6:15 only has one verb and it is AVAILETH which speaking to the Dispensation of thre Grace of God !!

It also in the ACTIVE VOICE which means that God is the agent and subject that is producing the action !!

It is also in the INDICATIVE MOOD of FACT !!

That in Christ Circumcision or Un-circumcision means nothing BUT an new Creation !!

A New Creation is part of ther MYSTERY and not part of thr Israel of God , Gal 3:28 !!

The Standards as written in Gal 6:15 reads in part ;

As many as WALK STAICHEO by this Standard for Docrtine during this age of Grace , there is Peace , ( be ) upon them and MERCY !

And upon the Isarel of God is the only time that I have seen to be used and it is not the Body of Christ !!

#1 One standard is the righteousness of the Law that was nailed to the cross !!

#3 , The second standard of Righteousness is in Ezek 11:19 !!

#4 , The thrid divine standard is the MYSTERY !!

The Israel of God is the LITTLE FLOCK or the 12 apostles and those who are in the MESSIANNIC ASSEMBLY in early Acts and Gor ADDED which is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE which means that Jesus added to that assembly and than stopped after Acts 28:28 !!

dan p

Right Divider

Body part
I honestly thought this would be common ground for us. I see how, from your perspective your view makes sense. Do you not think that the following verse could also support the idea that Paul believed in a spiritual Israel?

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

If Paul did indeed believe in a spiritual Israel, his use of the term "Israel of God" would be consistent with that belief in my opinion.
The "Israel of God" are simply those Israelite's that believed and followed the LORD's instructions. They were not gentiles.

Keep on reading to see that Paul is getting at:

Rom 3:1-19 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:1) What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit [is there] of circumcision? (3:2) Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. (3:3) For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? (3:4) God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. (3:5) But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? [Is] God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man) (3:6) God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world? (3:7) For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner? (3:8) And not [rather], (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just. (3:9) What then? are we better [than they]? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; (3:10) As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: (3:11) There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. (3:12) They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. (3:13) Their throat [is] an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps [is] under their lips: (3:14) Whose mouth [is] full of cursing and bitterness: (3:15) Their feet [are] swift to shed blood: (3:16) Destruction and misery [are] in their ways: (3:17) And the way of peace have they not known: (3:18) There is no fear of God before their eyes. (3:19) Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Starting in chapter 2 of Romans, Paul is condemning UNbelieving Israel. He is NOT somehow saying that believing gentiles are "spiritual Israel".

Note that in verse 5 Paul is including himself as an Israelite.

Regarding Roman 2:29.... these things that he is saying are nothing new:
Deut 10:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:16) Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

That is exactly why Stephen said it also in Acts 7:
Acts 7:51 (AKJV/PCE)
(7:51) ¶ Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers [did], so [do] ye.

Jeremiah says it too:
Jer 4:4 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:4) Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench [it], because of the evil of your doings.

Jer 9:25-26 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:25) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will punish all [them which are] circumcised with the uncircumcised; (9:26) Egypt, and Judah, and Edom, and the children of Ammon, and Moab, and all [that are] in the utmost corners, that dwell in the wilderness: for all [these] nations [are] uncircumcised, and all the house of Israel [are] uncircumcised in the heart.

Regarding Paul's singular use of the phrase "Israel of God", note that he speaks of them independently of the others that he is wishing peace and mercy upon:

Gal 6:15-16 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:15) For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. (6:16) And as many as walk according to this rule, peace [be] on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Danoh

Problem is that in Romans 1:18 thru 3:20 Paul is basically laying out first, why God turned from the Gentiles.

As well as from the moralizer.

And from the Jew.

All that is prior to Paul and is speaking of the issue why all have been worthy of His wrath.

Then, having tried them all; having proven them "all under sin" he returns to the issue he first pointed out in 1:26 and 17 - the righteousness of God in His Son He is offering instead of the wrath all deserve; but which He has temporarily delayed.

In this, what he is talking about in Romans 2 is how that even the Gentile, who had not the Law - even his behavior at times would put the Jew - who should have known better because he had the Law - to shame.

Lol - reminds me of something I saw once.

I was with a friend who loves tinkering with cars.

We were visiting another friend who also loves working on cars - who works at an auto repair shop.

When we got there, we found him stuck as to what to do to solve for some problem on a car.

My friend - who can't seem to stay away from tinkering with cars asks if he minds if he gives it a try.

The guy obliges him. I mean, we're all old friends...

Lol - just then, the guy's boss walks in; stands there a minute, and then finally says to the guy "I hired you; not him. Maybe I should give him your job; he seems to know it better than you."

My friend replied - "who do you think taught me - he did."

That is what Paul is talking about there in....

Romans 2:17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, 2:18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; 2:19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law. 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal? 2:22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege? 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God? 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

He says the following in light of all that - he is relating how that the Jew; who goes around parading around before the Gentile the fact that he; a Jew is called of God - that he is...a Jew, is a hypocrite who the Gentile ends up showing up.

2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? 2:27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

Paul then returns to his indictement against the so "called a Jew..."

2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Case in point, that Roman Centurion - a Gentile....

Matthew 8:5 And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, 8:6 And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. 8:7 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. 8:8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. 8:9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. 8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. 8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 8:13 And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.

His one action fulfilled the righteousness of the Law he was not even under and in that moment put Israel to shame.

His one Circumcision action in contrast to Israel's Uncircumcision of the heart, was not only acceptable to the Lord, but put Israel to shame.

The issue THEN was the righteousness of the Law.

Romans 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God? 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.