ECT The Broken Record of MAD

Interplanner

...which it seems entirely happy with!

1, MAD: you must believe it; you are clueless without it
2, Response to MAD: but it's not there in the passages themselves
3, MAD: that's because you read too many books about the Bible
4, Response to MAD: but I've read MAD and they keep saying what I'm saying
5, MAD: that's because you haven't read any MAD books or heard recordings
6, Response to MAD: because you just said...

Danoh

You must be "mad" that your boy: Trump just lost his debate against...a woman...again...for the third time...in a row.

:rotfl:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

:plain:

SaulToPaul 2

At least we speak plainly and not in novelistic riddles...

Interplanner

At least we speak plainly and not in novelistic riddles...

That's exactly my problem with MAD: it is as though some script writer has tried--behind the scenes-- to make the whole thing go in an entirely different direction FROM WHAT THE PASSAGES PLAINLY SAY!

SaulToPaul 2

That's exactly my problem with MAD: it is as though some script writer has tried--behind the scenes-- to make the whole thing go in an entirely different direction FROM WHAT THE PASSAGES PLAINLY SAY!

:chuckle:

"From what the passages PLAINLY SAY"

Like this?

Ezekiel 37
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

PLAIN SPEECH, which you do not believe. Why?

SimpleMan77

They are not even consistent with their own theology. They say "the Gentiles aren't under a covenant", but when you point to 2 Corinthians 3:6 I can't get an answer.

"who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."

Paul wasn't telling them of a covenant they couldn't have, but what they had already received. "Of the letter" obviously refers to the Mosaic covenant, and "of the Spirit" obviously refers to them being "born of the Spirit", and refers to that as a "covenant".

You can't pick and choose Paul's words to fit your own theology.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

SaulToPaul 2

They are not even consistent with their own theology. They say "the Gentiles aren't under a covenant", but when you point to 2 Corinthians 3:6 I can't get an answer.

"who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."

Paul wasn't telling them of a covenant they couldn't have, but what they had already received. "Of the letter" obviously refers to the Mosaic covenant, and "of the Spirit" obviously refers to them being "born of the Spirit", and refers to that as a "covenant".

You can't pick and choose Paul's words to fit your own theology.

Its very simple, simple man.

Paul ministered the spirit of the new testament, which is the righteousness of God.
The letter of the new testament can be found in Jer 31, with many details.

Interplanner

"From what the passages PLAINLY SAY"

Like this?

Ezekiel 37
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

PLAIN SPEECH, which you do not believe. Why?

Ever read the NT? In MAD, they believe they are "in charge" of the OT. In NT theology, the NT is. Nothing in Hebrews goes that direction sir, so do we go with you or with Hebrews? Hebrews, I say...since it is 'to the Hebrews.'

Interplanner

Yes, and nowhere do I see land promises such as Ezekiel 37 nullified.
You are welcome to show me where they are nullified.

I will wait.....forever.

You might try looking at the NT and seeing how it fulfills the OT. The "temple" that was supposed to come,for ex., is Christ in Jn 1, in Eph 2, and in Rev 21.

Don't read the OT Judaistically. A new mind, a transformed mind, has come, Rom 12:1.

SaulToPaul 2

You might try looking at the NT and seeing how it fulfills the OT. The "temple" that was supposed to come,for ex., is Christ in Jn 1, in Eph 2, and in Rev 21.

Don't read the OT Judaistically. A new mind, a transformed mind, has come, Rom 12:1.

You are welcome to show me where they are nullified.

I will wait.....forever.

SaulToPaul 2

We need believers, not skeptics. Become a believer.

Ezekiel 37

SimpleMan77

Its very simple, simple man.

Paul ministered the spirit of the new testament, which is the righteousness of God.
The letter of the new testament can be found in Jer 31, with many details.

That's a bit of a dodge... are the Gentiles under a covenant or not?

SimpleMan77

Its not a dodge, it's Paul's words verbatim.
The spirit of the new testament is the righteousness of God which Paul ministered through his gospel.

So is the "spirit of the new testament" a covenant or no? The word "testament" there is the Greek word diath?k?. It absolutely refers to a covenant.

Paul's actual words are "made us sufficient to be able ministers of a new covenant". A minister is an administrator. Paul administrated the "covenant of the Spirit" to the Corinthians.

Why can't you take Paul's word for it when he dates that he administered a "covenant"?

SaulToPaul 2

So is the "spirit of the new testament" a covenant or no? The word "testament" there is the Greek word diath?k?. It absolutely refers to a covenant.

Paul's actual words are "made us sufficient to be able ministers of a new covenant". A minister is an administrator. Paul administrated the "covenant of the Spirit" to the Corinthians.

Why can't you take Paul's word for it when he dates that he administered a "covenant"?

I'm taking Paul EXACTLY at his word. He ministered the spirit of the new testament.
Not the letter. Review Jer 31.