ECT Grace before the beginning of time

Interplanner

2 Timothy 1:8+

The grace of God is no secret thing popped in at the age of the Gospel. It was planned before time. It is now revealed in the Gospel but was not a mystery etc before that.

DAN P

The grace of God is no secret thing popped in at the age of the Gospel. It was planned before time. It is now revealed in the Gospel but was not a mystery etc before that.

Hi and where is the Grace of God first written ?

In Eph 1:4 and in 2 Tim 1:9 !!

I see at least 2 answers in 2 Tim 1:8 and what do you see ??

dan p

Interplanner

There is a way to worship because God has blessed vs to try to obligate God to bless you. That is what divides the world, not "works" as such.

God is no one's debtor, Rom 11:34.

Danoh

Was righteous Abel saved by grace or was it by something he did?

Where God says "do this" - faith believes God knows what's what and does what is commanded.

And where God says "it is finished - believe" - faith believes God knows what's what and does what is commanded.

Be it do, or believe it is done, the issue in both is...faith.

Be it circumcision, when doing that in faith, had been the issue...then...or uncircumcision in faith...now.

In short, Dispensationalism.

Luke 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 12:43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 12:44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.

1 Corinthians 4:2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.

1 Corinthians 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

DAN P

Hi and I wrote that Grace was before TIME as Eph 1:4 and 2 Tim 1:9 has referenced , so where is your verse ??

dan p

Interplanner

Are you saying Abel was saved by what he did?

But if what he did was an un-deed, it's OK. If he celebrated God's grace in the Seed, instead of tried to make God owe him something. Then he could have sacrificed Legos and been blessed.

Interplanner

What is an un-deed?

You do most work to get paid. But did you ever do something off the clock for someone and didn't get paid because it was the right thing to do.

We do not 'pay' God back for justification from our sins by His grace. We do it out of pure excitement and responsive love, like kids. Those acts are un-works. Un-deeds.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You do most work to get paid. But did you ever do something off the clock for someone and didn't get paid because it was the right thing to do.

We do not 'pay' God back for justification from our sins by His grace. We do it out of pure excitement and responsive love, like kids. Those acts are un-works. Un-deeds.
:chuckle:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Are we saved by grace through faith or by our un-deeds, our actions?

Did Christ save the Hebrews out of Egypt by grace or by their un-deeds?

Interplanner

Are we saved by grace through faith or by our un-deeds, our actions?

Did Christ save the Hebrews out of Egypt by grace or by their un-deeds?

By faith, but never forget what James says about the corpses. "He who loves much is forgiven much." There's the clue. There will be tangible response!

When the person forgiven in Mt 18s' parable of the unforgiving manager went out from the owner, he thought he had to PAY BACK THE OWNER, so he became nasty and mean to those who owed him. He didn't "get" it! He didn't "get" the gift of forgiveness!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
By faith, but never forget what James says about the corpses. "He who loves much is forgiven much." There's the clue. There will be tangible response!

When the person forgiven in Mt 18s' parable of the unforgiving manager went out from the owner, he thought he had to PAY BACK THE OWNER, so he became nasty and mean to those who owed him. He didn't "get" it! He didn't "get" the gift of forgiveness!

What? What are you talking about?

Were the Hebrews saved from the Egyptians? If so, was it by grace?

Interplanner

What? What are you talking about?

Were the Hebrews saved from the Egyptians? If so, was it by grace?

Yes, it was not because they deserved it, but in everyday discussion of grace vs. trying to make God owe us something, I don't generally refer to the Exodus, but rather to the Gospel. How can you read Mt 18 and say 'what are you talking about?'

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't generally refer to the Exodus, but rather to the Gospel.

Didn't the Hebrews have the same gospel?

Hebrews 4:2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them, but the word which they heard did not profit them not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.​

It was Christ who brought the Hebrews out of Egypt and baptized them unto Moses.

Interplanner

Didn't the Hebrews have the same gospel?

Hebrews 4:2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them, but the word which they heard did not profit them not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.​

It was Christ who brought the Hebrews out of Egypt and baptized them unto Moses.

Yes, so next time when I'm in WalMart I'll talk to someone about how they need to come out of Egypt.