ECT If Christ already returned and nothing remains to be fulfilled...

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Been around and around with him many times but he thoroughly rejected the Gospel of grace in favor of his own idiot's blend of New Age/Ecclesiastes/other nonsense. So I told him we were done with any such conversation because it's a complete waste of time. Plus, he's one of those with a creepy pathological LOVE of arguing endlessly, just for it's own sake, completely irrational and spooky...we think he fried himself messing with drugs around the same time he won that hat.

With the inevitable approaching pressures of this life under the fall....there's still hope.
I think with that type, many times silence is the best approach with possibly a once in a while word.
I have a neighbor who recently showed up from our old hippie community days here.
He's like what you describe. I became a Christian in '79 and immediately was out of harmony with he and others of that time in this place. We've gone 'round and 'round for years. He knows I stand firm.
I don't have to say anything......at this point.

Danoh

With the inevitable approaching pressures of this life under the fall....there's still hope.
I think with that type, many times silence is the best approach with possibly a once in a while word.
I have a neighbor who recently showed up from our old hippie community days here.
He's like what you describe. I became a Christian in '79 and immediately was out of harmony with he and others of that time in this place. We've gone 'round and 'round for years. He knows I stand firm.

True. Very true.

Just a week ago, someone I have known for many years gave up his electric guitar and is now attending an assembly...

One never knows, Musti...take heart.

musterion

Don't get me wrong, with God all IS possible. Just not through me, not between he and I. Nothing more to say to each other on the subject that hasn't already. And now we're 6 States away from each other.