ECT If David Calls Him 'Lord'

Interplanner

...and he did. The Lord who was to sit at God's right hand was already being called Lord and is now enthroned. It is David's own words who are most often used to underwrite this, in early Acts, in Hebrews, and in Acts 13.

The land and temple promised completed their purposes in David's generation, says Acts 13.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
...and he did. The Lord who was to sit at God's right hand was already being called Lord and is now enthroned. It is David's own words who are most often used to underwrite this, in early Acts, in Hebrews, and in Acts 13.

The land and temple promised completed their purposes in David's generation, says Acts 13.
The land promise for Israel has not been fulfilled yet -

Interplanner

Know the sermon til you exhale it in your unconscious. V.36. Can't you tell when there is closure to an era? It's over.

Danoh

Know the sermon til you exhale it in your unconscious. V.36. Can't you tell when there is closure to an era? It's over.

Lol, your replies to questions asked of you often remind me of a literal moron I once knew.

He would assert a thing that was obviously full of holes.

I would ask him a question in hopes of getting him to actually attempt to prove his knuckleheaded assertion and he would conclude I was asking him because I did not know.

This, from a guy who once asked me if Yuppies is a religion. He was literally that stupid.

You are being asked questions, Interplanner in an attempt to try to get you to actually prove your assertions - not because we have no answer; you incompetent.

:doh:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Lol, your replies to questions asked of you often remind me of a literal moron I once knew.

He would assert a thing that was obviously full of holes.

I would ask him a question in hopes of getting him to actually attempt to prove his knuckleheaded assertion and he would conclude I was asking him because I did not know.

This, from a guy who once asked me if Yuppies is a religion. He was literally that stupid.

You are being asked questions, Interplanner in an attempt to try to get you to actually prove your assertions - not because we have no answer; you incompetent.

:doh:

:thumb:

Exactly!

Interplanner

:thumb:

Exactly!

More anecdotes from other times and places. So what?

Just like Danoh: can't actually talk about a specific passage.

Two days ago I was asked to summarize why Acts 13's sermon was so definitive, for RD, I think. I have heard nothing about the 6-7 points made, like it never happened.

Is this a problem of internet or is it just the way D'ists are?

TweetyBird

The land promise for Israel has not been fulfilled yet -

Sure it was.

Joshua 21
43 And the Lord gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
44 And the Lord gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the Lord delivered all their enemies into their hand.
45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the Lord had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

Joshua 23
14 And, behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth: and ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the Lord your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof.

TweetyBird

More anecdotes from other times and places. So what?

Just like Danoh: can't actually talk about a specific passage.

Two days ago I was asked to summarize why Acts 13's sermon was so definitive, for RD, I think. I have heard nothing about the 6-7 points made, like it never happened.

Is this a problem of internet or is it just the way D'ists are?

We need a smiley face with hands over ears and singing lalalalala :baby::popcorn:

TweetyBird

The promises to Abraham and Israel were fufilled. The nations are blessed in Christ. The Seed has come, who is Christ Jesus, the land is fulfilled and all those of Israel who believe in Christ are seeking a Heavenly land, a city built by God. See Heb 11; Gal 3 & 4.

Neh 9:8 And Thou didst find Abraham's heart faithful before Thee, and didst make a covenant with him to give him the land of the Canaanite, of the Hittite and the Amorite, of the Perizzite, the Jebusite, and the Girgashite-- to give it to his descendants. And Thou hast fulfilled Thy promise, for Thou art righteous.

Jer 11:5 "in order to confirm the oath which I swore to your forefathers, to give them a land flowing with milk and honey, as it is this day." Then I answered and said, "Amen, O LORD."

Heb 11
8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. 9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: 10 for he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. ... 13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. 15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

TweetyBird

Maps don't matter to the NT. There is a complete shift in which all things are made new. How anyway are all the Gentiles who believe supposed to cram in to one place in Jerusalem to worship at a Judaic temple--Eph 2B? Or don't you get what 2B-3A is saying? Everything is new in Christ. None of the old matters anymore.

All the prophecies pertaining to the land preceded the return of the Jews to the land. Once Nehemiah repaired the Temple and Ezra, repaired the walls of Jerusalem and Israel resettled in the land - a remnant of all 12 tribes gathered into one nation, the House of Israel/Judah - all those prophecies were fulfilled. The NT speaks nothing of the land promises, and refers only to the Israelites as the House of Israel aka the Jews. There is no divided kingdom, they were gathered as one nation and still are to this day.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Sure it was.

Joshua 21
43 And the Lord gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.
44 And the Lord gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the Lord delivered all their enemies into their hand.
45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the Lord had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

Joshua 23
14 And, behold, this day I am going the way of all the earth: and ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the Lord your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof.

Joshua- circa 1500 bc

Amos- circa 785 bc

Amo 9:15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Ezekiel- circa 600 bc

Eze 37:25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

If GOD meant that the statement in Joshua was the final fulfillment of all He had promised to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, then He wouldn't have said what He did in Amos, Ezekiel and many other prophecies hundreds of years later.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Joshua- circa 1500 bc

Amos- circa 785 bc

Amo 9:15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Ezekiel- circa 600 bc

Eze 37:25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

If GOD meant that the statement in Joshua was the final fulfillment of all He had promised to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, then He wouldn't have said what He did in Amos, Ezekiel and many other prophecies hundreds of years later.
Yeppers.