ECT Speaking in tongues

john w

Hall of Fame
We spoke tongues in little league. Hey batta batta....hum...humm....hey batta batta...hey batta batta......sa-wiiiiiiiiiiing.

Oh, you're a regular Bob Ueker now, aint' ya, Mayor? Why don't you tell us how you were once named College Player of the Year, but that you conveniently forgot to tell us that you had been in the minors for two years at the time? You beat everything....

Right Divider

Body part
Oh, you're a regular Bob Ueker now, aint' ya, Mayor? Why don't you tell us how you were once named College Player of the Year, but that you conveniently forgot to tell us that you had been in the minors for two years at the time? You beat everything....
Bob Uecker was the Rodney Dangerfield of baseball....

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
They've got Abraham/Hagar flesh thinking not Abraham/Sarah new covenant thinking. Too bad they don't understand the things of the spirit (1 Co 1:18). They mock things of the spirit :listen: just as God said they would (Jud 18).

"Too bad." :chz4brnz: ~ Seth Brundle, The Fly

The covenant of the spirit offers more.

Spoiler
ourcovenant934793759843.JPG

Last edited:

DAN P

I have this gift. :)

It amuses me to watch the religious nutcases trying to refute from scripture that this gift is not for today.
This is your opportunity to prove that tongues is not for today. Give me your best shot from scripture. Choose your words and scriptures carefully.

Hi and it AMUSES me that you are AMUSED !!

And when I found out it is God that gives the GIFT of speaking in GLOSSIA / LANGUAGES and they are no longer given in the Dispenation of Grace , 1Cor 13:8 and I am not AMUSED that the bible is not taken seriously by PENTECOSTALS and that they have to PRETEND , because they are think you are CRAZY !!

And that is why they do TONGUES in a closed hall so that no one can see them !!

dan p

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
There has to be an early rain and a latter rain. You have to have it to get the ground ready for the seed. If you don’t, :listen: the harvest doesn’t grow.

Be glad then, you children of Zion,
And rejoice in the Lord your God;
For He has given you the former rain faithfully,
And He will cause the rain to come down for you—
The former rain,
And the latter rain in the first month (Joe 2:23).

DAN P

There has to be an early rain and a latter rain. You have to have it to get the ground ready for the seed. If you don’t, :listen: the harvest doesn’t grow.

Be glad then, you children of Zion,
And rejoice in the Lord your God;
For He has given you the former rain faithfully,
And He will cause the rain to come down for you—
The former rain,
And the latter rain in the first month (Joe 2:23).

Hi and NICE that you quote from Joel 2:23 and reading further it is talking about RAIN for Israel and their crops , and you are FRAMER !!

So what is your point ??

Should we plant wheat and Grapes !!

dan p

DAN P

Would you like to plant wheat and grapes? :AMR:

The husbandman waits for the early rain and the later rain.

Hi and I am just responding to your reply , and you do not know what you write ??

Read your CONTEXT !!

dan p

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you research out your religious movement, you would discover a lot of theology that proves what it believed today as the gifts is nothing but a scam. Both Jesus and Paul warned us of false signs and wonders. It's the same delusion people use an excuse - "it will never happen to me".

I know what you believe is false, because it's all about YOU. The Kingdom of God is not about how much power you can get or by inserting non-existent promises into the Bible all to get stuff for yourself. This is not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The Bible is used to promote the fallacy of the "God given right to follow the money". Just like the Bible is used to promote your fallacy of the "God given right to have power and healing and gifts".

See what I mean about using the Bible to support your fallacies?

Good post TB

andyc

When I was about eight years old kids used to call other kids names like stupid etc. The comeback was always the same: "I know you are, but, what am I?" Both Andy and SD have that same "Comeback syndrome" of an eight-year-old child in the schoolyard. They both lack appropriate wit/sense of humor. It's better to place them on ignore and have done with it.

WOW ....Marowbe puts me on ignore, but can't stop talking about me.
he's unable to ignore me :D

andyc

Hi and it AMUSES me that you are AMUSED !!

And when I found out it is God that gives the GIFT of speaking in GLOSSIA / LANGUAGES and they are no longer given in the Dispenation of Grace , 1Cor 13:8 and I am not AMUSED that the bible is not taken seriously by PENTECOSTALS and that they have to PRETEND , because they are think you are CRAZY !!

Has your knowledge vanished away with tongues?
Paul explained that, when that which is perfect has come, then that which is imperfect will be done away with. And so we have to understand that the gifts of the Spirit are temporary, and are not perfect. And that there are other characteristics of God we must seek after that are more important than gifts because they are eternal. God's word is eternal, his love is eternal, his righteousness is eternal etc
However, because we live in a natural world, in natural bodies, we relate to God in an imperfect way - by faith.
Now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now we know in part, but then we shall know as we are known. And so faith is a temporal way that we relate to God, because we are looking to those eternal things which are unseen. The gifts of the spirit help us to walk in the Spirit while away from the Lord, and in the natural body on earth. When that which is perfect has come, or to put it in other words, when everything is perfected in our relationship with God, we shall now longer need to relate by faith, for we shall see him as he is, and we shall know him as he knows us. Faith and gifts will be redundant.

And that is why they do TONGUES in a closed hall so that no one can see them !!

As Paul taught.