ECT Speaking in tongues

DAN P

I was saved by grace through faith, simple as that unless you believe that there is suppose to be some hoky poky formula? What say you? How were you saved?

Hi and I have answered this question many times with an OP , several times an I can answer BUT you refuse to say how you were saved and that has been a BURNING question that brother me for many years !!

If you know how you were saved than tell me HOW !!

If you say NO than i will tell you How people are saved under Grace !!

dan p

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi and I have answered this question many times with an OP , several times an I can answer BUT you refuse to say how you were saved and that has been a BURNING question that brother me for many years !!

If you know how you were saved than tell me HOW !!

If you say NO than i will tell you How people are saved under Grace !!

dan p

Dan, I was saved by believing the Gospel as presented by Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. I believe that Jesus died for my sins from which I have repented. I believe that He was buried and has been raised from the dead as the scripture say. I believe He has has accepted my plea for forgiveness and forgiven me.

Romans 10:9-10 Amplified Bible (AMP)

9 because if you acknowledge and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord [recognizing His power, authority, and majesty as God], and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart a person believes [in Christ as Savior] resulting in his justification [that is, being made righteous—being freed of the guilt of sin and made acceptable to God]; and with the mouth he acknowledges and confesses [his faith openly], resulting in and confirming [his] salvation.

Now, what else do you need to know?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Dan, I was saved by believing the Gospel as presented by Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. I believe that Jesus died for my sins from which I have repented...

:popcorn: You don't believe he's saved, [MENTION=8445]DAN P[/MENTION]? I don't believe he's saying you must speak in tongues to be saved. Is that you're issue?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:popcorn: You don't believe he's saved, [MENTION=8445]DAN P[/MENTION]? I don't believe he's saying you must speak in tongues to be saved. Is that you're issue?

What are you talking about. Christ is the issue and the only issue. Do we believe in His atonement and sacrifice for us? And yes I do.

DAN P

Dan, I was saved by believing the Gospel as presented by Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. I believe that Jesus died for my sins from which I have repented. I believe that He was buried and has been raised from the dead as the scripture say. I believe He has has accepted my plea for forgiveness and forgiven me.

Romans 10:9-10 Amplified Bible (AMP)

9 because if you acknowledge and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord [recognizing His power, authority, and majesty as God], and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart a person believes [in Christ as Savior] resulting in his justification [that is, being made righteous—being freed of the guilt of sin and made acceptable to God]; and with the mouth he acknowledges and confesses [his faith openly], resulting in and confirming [his] salvation.

Now, what else do you need to know?

Hi and unless I mis-read , you believe in TONGUES ?

dan p

andyc

I agree, it's still a sign for unbelievers.

I think your understanding of this is confused. So lets clear it up.

1Cor 14:21-22
In the law it is written: "With men of other tongues and other lips I will speak to this people; And yet, for all that, they will not hear Me," says the Lord. Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers.......

Paul is quoting from Isaiah 28:11. Paul's reasoning here is that when God's people (the Jews) refuse to believe God's word, God will speak even more unintelligibly which would be a sign of judgement. Isaiah was referring to the Assyrians and Babylonians who spoke in a language that the Jews couldn't understand, but God was judging them through these strange tongues as a sign. Paul likens the gift of tongues to what Isaiah was explaining. People talking in a language that that the Jews couldn't understand, was a sign to the Jewish unbelievers that God was finished speaking intelligibly to them, and was now speaking unintelligibly. The next stage was judgement which occurred when Jerusalem was sacked.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
What are you talking about. Christ is the issue and the only issue. Do we believe in His atonement and sacrifice for us? And yes I do.

I'm wondering why he doesn't believe you're saved--if he doesn't believe you're saved. Is he opposed to Pentecostals? They happen to be a growing church, actually. Does he not desire this gift? :p Is he suspicious of :BillyBob: all y'all? :confused:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm wondering why he doesn't believe you're saved--if he doesn't believe you're saved. Is he opposed to Pentecostals? They happen to be a growing church, actually. Does he not desire this gift? :p Is he suspicious of :BillyBob: all y'all? :confused:

I don't know? All I can see is that he is harassing me. That is his problem. But it better stop.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I don't know? All I can see is that he is harassing me. That is his problem. But it better stop.

I suspect it's a lack of understanding. [MENTION=8445]DAN P[/MENTION] Bottom line--don't forbid the speaking of tongues :p or you come dangerously close to blaspheming the Holy Spirit (1 Co 14:39).

Now, let's start a thread all about dreams and visions (Joe 2:28). :jump:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul is quoting from Isaiah 28:11. Paul's reasoning here is that when God's people (the Jews) refuse to believe God's word, God will speak even more unintelligibly which would be a sign of judgement. Isaiah was referring to the Assyrians and Babylonians who spoke in a language that the Jews couldn't understand, but God was judging them through these strange tongues as a sign. Paul likens the gift of tongues to what Isaiah was explaining. People talking in a language that that the Jews couldn't understand, was a sign to the Jewish unbelievers that God was finished speaking intelligibly to them, and was now speaking unintelligibly.

Nah, I don't think so. The fact is the Father did not want people to understand unless he called them to understand.

Nothing has changed.

andyc

The Father calls whom he will. Saul of Tarsus was not a believer when he was called.

Numbers 14:11 The LORD said to Moses, "How long will these people treat me with contempt? How long will they refuse to believe in me, in spite of all the miraculous signs I have performed among them?

Why is God so distressed at the fact the people didn't believe in him?
Did he forget to make them believe in him?

Danoh

I was saved by grace through faith, simple as that unless you believe that there is suppose to be some hoky poky formula? What say you? How were you saved?

Yep; Romans 5:1-2; Eph. 2:8-9.

But you know DP. Always trying to lord things over others.

This notion of his that if one does not subscribe to HIS version of Acts 9 Dispensationalism, they are not saved...is silly.

It is one to want to know if another was clear in their understanding of salvation.

Not so to turn it into his silly standards...

musterion

I have this gift. :)

Post audio online of it. You won't because you're a liar.

It amuses me to watch the religious nutcases trying to refute from scripture that this gift is not for today.
This is your opportunity to prove that tongues is not for today. Give me your best shot from scripture. Choose your words and scriptures carefully.

Burden of proof isn't on us to prove you don't have it. The burden is on you to prove that you DO.

All the gifts were a package deal, authenticating Christ and His disciples/apostles as of God, with some given to also establish the Body of Christ. Tongues, though, were primarily a sign of impending judgment against unrepentant Israel. When Israel was set aside, so were tongues. When Paul finally received the completed body of secret revelation, all the gifts were withdrawn. Not one remains today; we have the Word of God instead. The "signs and wonders" were all sensory -- of sight. You saw, so you believed. The Word is of faith. You believe and you see. The believer is to walk by faith, not sight.

But forget that. What we can prove, as many have proven before me, is that what you and every other charismatic calls "tongues" is not from God.

1. Biblical tongues were identifiable human languages that the speaker had never learned. That was the miracle.

2. Whenever an unbeliever heard Christ preached in his own language by someone that did not speak his language, he knew they spoke by the power of God and what they said was true.

3. No audio or video exists of ANY charismatic speaking in a human language WHICH can be independently verified as previously unknown to him.

Let's emphasize that:

THERE IS NO AUDIO OR VIDEO OF ANY CHARISMATIC WHO (1) IS SPEAKING INTELLIGIBLY IN ANY HUMAN LANGUAGE OTHER THAN HIS NATIVE LANGUAGE (2) THAT CAN BE DOCUMENTED AS A LANGUAGE HE HAD NEVER STUDIED OR EVEN HEARD SPOKEN BEFORE.

Anecdotal evidence, mere claims to this, will not suffice. It must be INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED by those who KNOW the person couldn't possibly speak that language on their own -- just as we see in the N.T.

So to prove "tongues" are for today, you have to provide someone it can be proved never spoke in a foreign language, but who fluently speaks in that language anyway.

And not only must they speak in a previously unknown language -- they must accurately preach Christ according to the revelation of the mystery and the Gospel of the grace of God.

Even if they spoke a language one could prove they didn't know, if they preached the wrong Gospel or the wrong Christ, you can know they're of Satan.

But first find us someone who can prove from independent witnesses they speak in a human language they never knew before.

Burden of proof is on you.

I suggest you post audio or video (hiding your face, of course) of YOU speaking with this gift you think you have. Then we'll narrow down from there which human language it is, and what you are saying.

But you won't. None of you ever do when given this challenge because you know what you have is not any human language but just learned incoherent babbling that is not of God.

DAN P

Hi and I did not say that BR was NOT SAVED !! And as a PENTECOSTAL I also wonder how these peoplw were saved and their speaking in Tongues scared me as a kid !!

If some asked you how to be saved , what would you say ?

I can believe that many can not say How they were saved ?

Maybe this will help you !!

#1, Were you Baptized

#2 , Did you have to Repent

#3 , Do you have to speak in Tongues

#4 , The bible in 1 Cor says that the But the Natural man receiveth the things of the SPIRIT of God , for it is FOOLISHNESS to him and can not know it , because IT IS Spiritually discerned !!

So the question IS HOW can a person not seeking God be SAVED ??

That is the question and if you say I am HARASSING stay out of my kitchen !!

I am surprised at what you said as you have seen me ask that of many believers , so are you different ?

So how can anyone be saved when he is dead is Trespasses and in sin ?

Remember that one PLANTS the seed and then one WATERS , but God gives the INCREASE , so it it God that saved and not Baptism , Tongues or Repentance !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and I did not say that BR was NOT SAVED !! And as a PENTECOSTAL I also wonder how these peoplw were saved and their speaking in Tongues scared me as a kid !!

If some asked you how to be saved , what would you say ?

I can believe that many can not say How they were saved ?

Maybe this will help you !!

#1, Were you Baptized

#2 , Did you have to Repent

#3 , Do you have to speak in Tongues

#4 , The bible in 1 Cor says that the But the Natural man receiveth the things of the SPIRIT of God , for it is FOOLISHNESS to him and can not know it , because IT IS Spiritually discerned !!

So the question IS HOW can a person not seeking God be SAVED ??

That is the question and if you say I am HARASSING stay out of my kitchen !!

I am surprised at what you said as you have seen me ask that of many believers , so are you different ?

So how can anyone be saved when he is dead is Trespasses and in sin ?

Remember that one PLANTS the seed and then one WATERS , but God gives the INCREASE , so it it God that saved and not Baptism , Tongues or Repentance !!

dan p

Get saved Dan P.

:rotfl: