ECT Speaking in tongues

andyc

I have this gift. :)

It amuses me to watch the religious nutcases trying to refute from scripture that this gift is not for today.
This is your opportunity to prove that tongues is not for today. Give me your best shot from scripture. Choose your words and scriptures carefully.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. (1 Corinthians 13:8)

Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe. (1 Corinthians 14:22)​

andyc

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. (1 Corinthians 13:8)

Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe. (1 Corinthians 14:22)​

Still the case. Nothing has changed.

DAN P

How about dealing with the OP?

Hi and for starters , why not read Mark 16:17 where you will SPEAK IN NEW TONGUES or do you have selected treading SKILLS ??

And verse does also speak to , SHALL BE SAVED !!

dan p

DAN P

Hi Jamie , 1 Cor 13:8 IS not to be read or believed by Acts 2 people

dan p

andyc

Hi and for starters , why not read Mark 16:17 where you will SPEAK IN NEW TONGUES or do you have selected treading SKILLS ??

And verse does also speak to , SHALL BE SAVED !!

dan p

They shall cast out spirits.
They shall speak in new tongues.

I've done both. Prove me wrong from scripture.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I also speak in tongues. Scripture says that they will cease, future tense. That means that they are still in use today. Tongues are a powerful weapon that should not be put aside but used for their purpose.

andyc

I also speak in tongues. Scripture says that they will cease, future tense. That means that they are still in use today. Tongues are a powerful weapon that should not be put aside but used for their purpose.

Yep Amen.

Obviously tongues is a spirit response, but when we are with the Lord in a spiritual body, we will communicate one to one without the need to use gifts.

DAN P

Hi BR and there 3 verbs in the FUTURE TENSE , THEY SHALL FAIL twice BUT you have left out the PRESENT TENSE verb FAILED and the PERSENT TENSE is speaking to those during Paul's dispensation of Grace AND NOT TO THE PENTECOST PERIOD !!

The number one reason the Holy Spirit says they ceased is because Israel was set aside , so read Luke 13:6-9 is just one verse or read Isaiah 6:6-11 and all will see that Israel was already to be set aside >

I grew up in a Pentecostal church and U have seen , even my mother speakin tongues and later confessed it was all of the flesh and I wondered how any one can be saved under Pentecoslism and How were you saved with a verse , NOW ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER or RUN AWAY ??

Try using Mark 16:16 , just dying to hear your answer ??

dan p

DAN P

Hi BR and there 3 verbs in the FUTURE TENSE , THEY SHALL FAIL twice BUT you have left out the PRESENT TENSE verb FAILED and the PERSENT TENSE is speaking to those during Paul's dispensation of Grace AND NOT TO THE PENTECOST PERIOD !!

The number one reason the Holy Spirit says they ceased is because Israel was set aside , so read Luke 13:6-9 is just one verse or read Isaiah 6:6-11 and all will see that Israel was already to be set aside >

I grew up in a Pentecostal church and U have seen , even my mother speakin tongues and later confessed it was all of the flesh and I wondered how any one can be saved under Pentecoslism and How were you saved with a verse , NOW ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER or RUN AWAY ??

dan p

Hi and BR will ignore my reply , COWARD !!

DAN P

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

dan p

I was saved by grace through faith, simple as that unless you believe that there is suppose to be some hoky poky formula? What say you? How were you saved?

andyc

Interestingly people don't actually realize that the audible words of tongues are flesh. The inner man that speaks is communing with God. Paul said that when he spoke in a tongue, his spirit prayed. Now, the spirit doesn't actually require audible words for God to understand, as he who is joined to the Lord is one s/Spirit with him. However, because we are made up of spirit soul and body, our natural man must know when our spiritual man is communing with God on a level that our human mind can't comprehend. Only those who speak in tongues will understand this.